PDA

View Full Version : Problem with runaway or reactive trigger - Xvalve

dasmo
03-06-2006, 12:38 AM
Hello...one and all...
I dug around on the forum and can not find a succinct troubleshooting list on how to get rid of Runaway, or reactive trigger, or burst mode whatever you want to call it...

Gun specs:
X-Valve
ULT
Slug body
intelliframe
air: flatline 3000
pneumatic

Gun began to have runaway (like a super reactive trigger) and leaking out the front -I've replaced all the O-rings - everywhere - played with shims, from none to 4 - changed o-ring carriers etc...

I'm hoping someone can point me towards some sort of troubleshooting steps to go through to try and resolve the runaway and get my marker back to normal.

any help is very much appreciated. thanks...

All you peeps who want this with your marker don't bother asking me how I got hear. It's a total mystery to me.

SeeK
03-06-2006, 01:35 AM
I'm not sure if this happens all the time but have you cleaned it lately?

I've seen people put too much oil and it spills on to the sear. The sear then doesn't engage and keeps firing.

While you have it open you could inspect it for wear which would also cause it to not engage fully.

Hello...one and all...
I dug around on the forum and can not find a succinct troubleshooting list on how to get rid of Runaway, or reactive trigger, or burst mode whatever you want to call it...

Gun specs:
X-Valve
ULT
Slug body
intelliframe
air: flatline 3000
pneumatic

Gun began to have runaway (like a super reactive trigger) and leaking out the front -I've replaced all the O-rings - everywhere - played with shims, from none to 4 - changed o-ring carriers etc...

I'm hoping someone can point me towards some sort of troubleshooting steps to go through to try and resolve the runaway and get my marker back to normal.

any help is very much appreciated. thanks...

All you peeps who want this with your marker don't bother asking me how I got hear. It's a total mystery to me.

bit-wizard
03-06-2006, 12:43 PM
Make sure your trigger rod is not screwed too far out.

bit-wizard :ninja:

shades
03-06-2006, 02:29 PM
Turn down your input pressure to the valve to 600psi. if that does not work your on off pin maybe too long.

dasmo
03-09-2006, 02:32 PM
Hey,
Thanks for the tip about the oil and the sear. that's something new I shall investigate...I do clean my gun after every game but the screw holding the trigger frame to the rail has rusted in place so I haven't been able to strip that area for a while....
just FYI It's not a pressure thing...My output is between 600 and 700.

BigEvil
03-09-2006, 04:17 PM
Turn down your input pressure to the valve to 600psi. if that does not work your on off pin maybe too long.

Actually, too short. Shorter=more reactive. :D

athomas
03-09-2006, 06:15 PM
The runaway problem shows up, usually due to a on-off pin that is too short, a worn sear, or a missing rail bushing.

The phenominon of runaway occurs when the front chamber is recharged and the sear is quickly tripped without consciously applying a force to the trigger. This can happen when the on-off pin is too short allowing the chamber to recharge before the sear engages the bolt. It can also happen if the sear doesn't properly engage the bolt due to wear. The sear can then slip off the bolt. The missing rail bushing causes the valve to move around in the body.

Removing shims from the ULT can fix the on-off pin problem. A worn sear can be checked easily and should be replaced if there is any rounding of the tip at all. Check the bolt lip as well. The rail bushing is the easiest to check.