PDA

View Full Version : X-Box games

the JoKeR
12-15-2001, 08:29 PM
As a proud new owner of an X-Box, and as a person addicted to racing games, I'm looking for input on a couple things. First, which NASCAR game is better? I've heard that EA's game is good, but other's say NASCAR Heat is better. There are also a couple of steering wheel sets available. Any input on these? Currently, I've only purchased Gotham Racing, which kicks some serious butt!

gimp
12-16-2001, 03:20 AM
I'm to tired to give a decent response to this now, but keep this at the top, and I might have some input tomorrow. :)

Jonneh
12-16-2001, 05:51 PM
I was at the unveiling of the Xbox here in the UK and I had a quick play of a game called Reckless : The Yakuza Missions (or something). It was pretty good and looks absolutly stunning.

Or get Halo, which according to the UKs best gaming magazine is the best game ever.

FooTemps
12-16-2001, 06:29 PM
HALO isn't THAT good but it's still really good...

the JoKeR
12-16-2001, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Jonneh
I was at the unveiling of the Xbox here in the UK and I had a quick play of a game called Reckless : The Yakuza Missions (or something). It was pretty good and looks absolutly stunning.

Just read a review of Reckless yesterday and saw a demo on the X-box magazine demo disk. WOW! If the game is anything like the demo, It might be more realistic than Gotham. It's probably a second quarter 02 game, but should be worth the wait.
Also, still looking for input on the NASCAR games... anybody have any reviews??

ProjectMag
12-16-2001, 10:11 PM
www.gowreckless.com

Check that site for info on Reckless: The Yakuza Missions. There are some videos to download and somehow I think this game is tied to or is a spinoff of Grand Theft Auto 3. There is a Yakuza gang in GTA3. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, this game is due out in February and looks promising.

I can't provide any info on the Nascar games, haven't had a chance to play any of them. Thunder looks great graphically and I'm sure you can't go wrong with EA.

FooTemps
12-16-2001, 11:06 PM
Originally posted by ProjectMag
www.gowreckless.com

Check that site for info on Reckless: The Yakuza Missions. There are some videos to download and somehow I think this game is tied to or is a spinoff of Grand Theft Auto 3. There is a Yakuza gang in GTA3. Correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, this game is due out in February and looks promising.

I can't provide any info on the Nascar games, haven't had a chance to play any of them. Thunder looks great graphically and I'm sure you can't go wrong with EA.

Yes, there is a Yakuza gang in gta3... I'm working for them right now in my game...

gmag
12-16-2001, 11:24 PM
I've played HALO and DOA 3. I thought DOA 3 was the best fighting game I've ever played. You should definately check that one out. HALO wasn't that hot. Sorry, I couldn't tell you much about NASCAR games because I haven't played any yet.

the JoKeR
12-17-2001, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by ProjectMag
www.gowreckless.com

Check that site for info on Reckless: The Yakuza Missions. There are some videos to download

WOW! Graphics aren't as crisp as Gotham, but pedistrians?? I want a code to unlock the ability to flatten them! I guarantee I'll own this one as fast as it comes out!

Major Ho
12-27-2001, 08:41 PM
Pfft, I dunno about you all but I still think HALO is neeto keen. My lil bro just got it today and I couldnt keep my hands off it.
But...If im really open minded about it, its not the incredibly awesome game that so many people were talking about but its still pretty darn good.
And to think I gave up video games for a while, xbox and ps2 are only gonna reel me back in...

FooTemps
12-28-2001, 12:29 AM
MUNCH'S ODYSSEY IS BETTER THAN HALO! I really like how oddworld is more in depth and has less violence than halo... Halo is too easy and "KILL!" for me...

udtseal
12-28-2001, 09:21 AM
NASCAR isent racing... to quote George Carlin "driving 500 miles in a circle? 500 miles in a circle?? Children can do that for crying out loud!"

World Rally Championship!!! GT and Touring Car racing, German Touring Car Championship, etc. NOW THATS RACING!!!!!!!! :D

the JoKeR
12-28-2001, 09:44 AM
Agreed.... left, straight, left, straight, left, straight... gets kind of old. I did buy NASCAR Thunder, and even though I'm no NASCAR fan, the game itself is actually very fun. Lots more challenging than it sounds, since you need to draft the cars in front of you, watch your tires, gas, damage, etc.
Also picked up Max Payne for a good shooter game. Not real interested in the Munch's Odyssey fantasy world type stuff. The 'bullet time' function gives you Matrix like control. Pretty wild!

Clint3240
12-28-2001, 01:22 PM
EA is the best kind of sportgame you can download..they ahve football, soccer, racing, dirtbiking, everyting,,,id say EA is the bests sports game company