PDA

View Full Version : Brass Eagle Recall

SlartyBartFast
03-07-2006, 11:41 AM
Paintball Markers Recalled for Ejecting CO2 Cartridges, Hits Users (http://www.brasseagle.com/news/article2.asp?id=290)

Insert comments about cheap plastic here:

BigEvil
03-07-2006, 11:43 AM
HA! Plastic is for toys.

I hope no one got seriously hurt. I wonder how extensively they tested that design before they relased it to the public.

neppo1345
03-07-2006, 11:46 AM
Notice this is happening right after winter...

Plastic gets brittle in the cold...

Mescalito
03-07-2006, 12:00 PM
It's just karma in action >=]

SlartyBartFast
03-07-2006, 12:02 PM
I hope no one got seriously hurt.

Well, there were injuries:

Incidents/Injuries: The firm has received reports of at least 73 incidents involving the recalled paintball markers. Seven injuries have been reported including an eye injury, facial bruises, and lacerations.

bleachit
03-07-2006, 12:16 PM
its only the newer ones being recalled. If I remember correctly the model they have pictured has the capacity to hold 2 12 gram co2 cartridges. The older models only held 1, maybe thats why the older ones apparantly didnt have a problem? :confused:

Aslan
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
They deserve it. I don't want to start the avalanche of BE flame threads, but my one major criticism of BE for years has been their poor engineering...just putting a product on the market that isn't built for upgradability and isn't built to last. But everytime I mention this, the pro-BE crowd immediately talks about price and how they are the only ones offering affordable products. But what good is an affordable marker that is recalled (or should be).

I'm still waiting for them to recall the Raptor Silver Eagle for that piss poor ball detent sytem they have on it. I guess a ball has to roll out and hit me in the eye before I can sue and make them fix it. :argh:

:bounce:

:cheers:

Cow hunter
03-07-2006, 03:22 PM
its only the newer ones being recalled. If I remember correctly the model they have pictured has the capacity to hold 2 12 gram co2 cartridges. The older models only held 1, maybe thats why the older ones apparantly didnt have a problem? :confused:yep, the old ones were blade '02's, my friends have a couple, they're the gun we give to the first timers at woods games :D

PnueMagger
03-07-2006, 06:05 PM
It's kinda bulky...You could probably fit mag internals in there. ;)

neppo1345
03-07-2006, 06:35 PM
It's kinda bulky...You could probably fit mag internals in there. ;)

Thats blasphemous...

but at the same time...intriguing....the ultimate sleeper

jenarelJAM
03-07-2006, 06:56 PM
I think that making paintball guns look like toys, will only encourage irresponsible parents to let their young kids play w/o supervision and get hurt. I have never used a plastic paintball gun. I wouldn't trust it. There is too much that can(and does) go wrong, for me to trust a piece of plastic to channel hundreds of psi reliably.

slade
03-07-2006, 07:35 PM
I'm still waiting for them to recall the Raptor Silver Eagle for that piss poor ball detent sytem they have on it.
lol, you do realize how companies work, right? in this article it says they sold 243,000 markers, at $30 each thats ~$7,500,000. for them to issue a recall they have to be at risk of losing more than that in lawsuits. i dont know what youd do that would cause a few million in damage from a faulty detent.

captian pinky
03-07-2006, 07:38 PM
i just thought they were gunna recall all the guns that dont work

how many would that be?

lots of zeros :rofl:

Chronobreak
03-07-2006, 07:45 PM
the BE co2 tanks are just an accident waiting to happen, same with the Java tanks

o wait dont all tanks have to have diagrams on them now becasue of BE?..

i dont feel safe filling those tanks......they seem uncomfortably thin and low quality

bentothejam1n
03-07-2006, 09:19 PM
the BE co2 tanks are just an accident waiting to happen, same with the Java tanks

o wait dont all tanks have to have diagrams on them now becasue of BE?..

i dont feel safe filling those tanks......they seem uncomfortably thin and low quality
BE's are the only 4oz's i see around. But i do agree with the java. If my friend hadnt been watching his tank then he might be dead

two_four_878
03-08-2006, 08:38 AM
Something similar happened to my little brother's Marauder. The gun body broke in half and the back half, bolt, striker, and everything hit him in the shoulder while he was firing at a tree. Can you imagine if that had hit him in the face? I always try to steer people away form these cheapo packages. I'm not trying to bash BE but why can't they make good markers like my nightmare again?

luke
03-08-2006, 09:00 AM
243,000 markers @ $20= $4'870'000. :eek:

I thought sales were down last year.. :rolleyes:

wanna-b-ballin'
03-08-2006, 10:44 PM
all i can say is lol.
what horrable engineering for such an easily accessable gun for little kids. brass eagle was pretty much asking for it. didn't they get a clue from their fragile clear plastic revvy lids? i bet its the same plastic.

WARPED1
03-09-2006, 01:45 AM
HA! Plastic is for toys.

I hope no one got seriously hurt. I wonder how extensively they tested that design before they relased it to the public.
And boobs! ;) :D

Aslan
03-09-2006, 01:49 AM
lol, you do realize how companies work, right? in this article it says they sold 243,000 markers, at $30 each thats ~$7,500,000. for them to issue a recall they have to be at risk of losing more than that in lawsuits. i dont know what youd do that would cause a few million in damage from a faulty detent.

Would it sway the jury to know that I cut the tip of my finger trying to fashion a paper clip to work as a detent because the one on the Silver Eagle was so crappy? ;) Add in the time away from my family out in the grage trying to fix it and the mental anguish of realizing I couldn't fix it nor could I find parts for it...!!! :cuss:

I want my money. :clap:

slade
03-09-2006, 09:05 PM
Would it sway the jury to know that I cut the tip of my finger trying to fashion a paper clip to work as a detent because the one on the Silver Eagle was so crappy? ;) Add in the time away from my family out in the grage trying to fix it and the mental anguish of realizing I couldn't fix it nor could I find parts for it...!!! :cuss:

I want my money. :clap:
i think any potential sympathy would be outweighed by the fact that you were stupid enough to buy a new BE product in the first place ;)

FARMER00
03-09-2006, 10:17 PM
I think that making paintball guns look like toys, will only encourage irresponsible parents to let their young kids play w/o supervision and get hurt. I have never used a plastic paintball gun. I wouldn't trust it. There is too much that can(and does) go wrong, for me to trust a piece of plastic to channel hundreds of psi reliably.

(Cough) ION there is a hell of alot more of those sold than any other electric gun

Vex
03-09-2006, 11:31 PM
(Cough) ION there is a hell of alot more of those sold than any other electric gun
IONs aren't "plastic". They are "composite"... :ninja:

fire1811
03-09-2006, 11:47 PM

my "plastic" glock seems to work fine?

PBCapo
03-09-2006, 11:51 PM
your "plastic" glock is ridiculously tested and made with the highest quality engineering and materials, brass eagles are made like brittle little toys

Mescalito
03-09-2006, 11:56 PM

Your glock works fine because they spent a crap load of money on R&D... you cant drive a car over a Brass Eagle or an ion for that matter and have them shoot fine... glock on the other hand... will shoot fine after being driven over :headbang:

WARPED1
03-10-2006, 12:33 AM
IONs aren't "plastic". They are "composite"... :ninja:
Only the outer body shell, and the stock trigger are plastic. Get that through your thick heads. :rolleyes:

fire1811
03-10-2006, 12:35 AM
Only the outer body shell, and the stock trigger are plastic. Get that through your thick heads. :rolleyes:

shh let them be ignorance is bliss

Cow hunter
03-10-2006, 07:08 AM
Your glock works fine because they spent a crap load of money on R&D... you cant drive a car over a Brass Eagle or an ion for that matter and have them shoot fine... glock on the other hand... will shoot fine after being driven over :headbang:
as a quality test, they should have to be run over...... if they break, they arent sold to the public. everything but the ions/BE guns will pass this test

SlartyBartFast
03-10-2006, 08:56 AM
your "plastic" glock is ridiculously tested and made with the highest quality engineering and materials,

:rofl:

THey've worked out a lot of the bugs, but Google Glock KB!. Scary stuff...

WARPED1
03-10-2006, 12:50 PM
shh let them be ignorance is bliss
Not to mention the plethora of [b]aluminum[b] replacement bodies out there. Even from thier precious DW(His Ion bodies look great btw!)

fire1811
03-10-2006, 01:11 PM
I have had my ion for a year now and have yet to have a problem with it.

Honestly I had to tune my mags lvl 10 more then I worked on my shocker or ion.

All good guns but some people just have to bash what the dont have

WARPED1
03-10-2006, 01:32 PM
I have had my ion for a year now and have yet to have a problem with it.

Honestly I had to tune my mags lvl 10 more then I worked on my shocker or ion.

All good guns but some people just have to bash what the dont have
QFT. But the mag faithful refuse to believe it. They're all just mad because AGD didn't invent the "Ion" style marker first.

slade
03-10-2006, 03:48 PM
as a quality test, they should have to be run over...... if they break, they arent sold to the public. everything but the ions/BE guns will pass this test
...except an ion WOULD still work, since the body and frame are aluminum, whereas a marker like a cocker would break... thats a worse testing method than what BE does... well okay, maybe not that bad ;)

WARPED1
03-10-2006, 04:20 PM
There's 1 BE gun I liked when made, they stupidly discontinued it. The Rainmaker. Nice electro sear tripper. Loud as all get out though.

fire1811
03-10-2006, 05:30 PM
There's 1 BE gun I liked when made, they stupidly discontinued it. The Rainmaker. Nice electro sear tripper. Loud as all get out though.

lol I had one of those when they first came out.
That thing sounded like a feggin cannon

WARPED1
03-10-2006, 10:20 PM
lol I had one of those when they first came out.
That thing sounded like a feggin cannon
Stealth? BAH! Rainmaker! :p

Aslan
03-11-2006, 11:49 AM
i think any potential sympathy would be outweighed by the fact that you were stupid enough to buy a new BE product in the first place ;)

I'd never buy any gun new, new guns are rediculously priced. And where can you find a nib Silver Eagle on the shelf? :tard:

QFT. But the mag faithful refuse to believe it. They're all just mad because AGD didn't invent the "Ion" style marker first.

And enter the Ion nation! Defenders of color, plastic, and what is "in". :sleeping:

slade
03-11-2006, 11:56 AM
I'd never buy any gun new, new guns are rediculously priced. And where can you find a nib Silver Eagle on the shelf? :tard:
umm, "new" being their new crappy plastic guns, as opposed to, say, a rainmaker. :tard:

fire1811
03-11-2006, 01:01 PM
And enter the Ion nation! Defenders of color, plastic, and what is "in". :sleeping:

or what works at a reasonably paintball price

WARPED1
03-11-2006, 05:46 PM
or what works at a reasonably paintball price
And is better than a lot of what they call "high end".