PDA

View Full Version : Genx-3 cocker

AGDmagman2001
12-15-2001, 09:36 PM
Splat Max posting under my bros user name:
Hi I considering selling my bushy and getting another gun, I had originally settled on a vision impulse, but I think I want to go with a cocker.
So do any of you have any experience with the Genx-3 cockers? I was looking at either that or a used freeflow, dark, shocktech, something like that. Any other advice/suggestions appreciated?

Russ
12-15-2001, 09:55 PM
I gave one to my son for his (19th) birthday. The thing is great. What I like about them is they really don't need any upgrades to be great performers. I paid $600 from a local PB store, www.paintballwizard.com Added a 12" red CP barrel, a MacDev Conquest (pic shows a Flatline, it's got the Conquest now), and an X-Board Revy.

A lot of hype gets spread about 'Cockers needing to be constantly tweaked, but that just hasn't been the case with the GenX-3, it's a solid gun, and works flawlessly. The trigger is short and crisp, easy to shoot fast. Very consistent over the chronograph as well. It has around 6 cases of paint through it, and has not needed to be adjusted at all, just cleaned and oiled after playing.

deded
12-15-2001, 10:05 PM
I think its much easier to get a high ROF with an Impulse, and the no-chop Vision thing is always a plus.

But you should shoot them both, and make sure you like the trigger of whatever you get before you get it.

I am considering selling my cocker (as soon as I get it fixed that is) to get an electro. But obviously this is just my personal opinion, because there are many people out there who wouldn't trade their cocker if the world depended on it.

paintball8869
12-15-2001, 10:47 PM
I've had a couple Genx3 cockers in my store lately and they've all sold within a week. I keep buying one for myself, but never get to shoot it because someone buys it as soon as they hear i've got another one in.

My statement is based on the one my girlfriend uses and the ones I see at the field. I've never really used one for more than 2 games. The guns are very consistent (+-3 fps is the biggest variation i've seen on a properly setup one). They are accurate with teh right barrel/paint match. The girlfriend is getting about 1000 shots out of a 68 3000 tank, pressure going into the gun is set at 200 psi shooting 270fps. She gets around 8 bps on it (gun is stock). I personally can't shoot it because i've been spoiled by the electro triggers and having to pull the cocker trigger is much different than the electro. All in all, for $600 it performs just as well as any other cocker out there. One guy with a $1400 revenge v2 shot teh GX3 at the local field and quickly came to me to buy the GX3 and sold the Revenge. So they are definitely worth the money, if not much more.

Oh yeah, LIFETIME WARRANTY through ANS (the manufacturer). Send them the gun and $25 once a year and they'll upgrade the gun for you, tune it, and send it back to you. This is great if they come out with new parts (which they've already come out with better trigger plates and all new springs for the gun).

AGDmagman2001
12-16-2001, 04:35 PM
Think I'd be better to go with that or something like a Black Magic/STO? If I went with the ANS, I was planning on a freak and maybe a maxflow.

Two other options I'm considering is either a shochtech(guy that owns the field I play at is selling his since he just got an Evo X, but I hadn't decided on a price) or a used freeflow, but I can't count on being able to find one in. So it's mainly between the BM/STO and the ANS. What do ya'll think?

InfinatyBPS
12-16-2001, 04:44 PM
get a BM or STO, they are good guns but so are stock cockers and that is basicly wat BM's and STO's are, stock cockers. They are just stock cockers cut, anoed and polished to look perty. But perform about the same. And they are way overpriced. You would be much happier with a Gen X 3 for about $600 than a BM for $800. But If you have the money and know how, I say build one or have someone build one for you.

AGDmagman2001
12-16-2001, 05:11 PM
Yes I have had building one suggested to me, but since it's my first cocker, I wanted to keep things simple. What are some places that build them? Looking to stay under $800 with barrel and reg.

bunkerking
12-16-2001, 06:02 PM
dude, don't bother building one, just get the gx3 and you will be satisfied, trust me. Also see www.warpig.com for a review of the GX3.

Chaos
12-16-2001, 08:31 PM
Shocktechs are very nice. I love how light freeflow's are on the other hand. And GX3's are great for the price. I'd like to start off by saying that I find that review of the GX3 on warpig repulsive, a lot of the informations is..... blek, but anyways. The GX3 is a great gun, especially for the price. I have 2 GX3's (yeah I got another, its getting put together, black/blue fade with eclipse blade!!!) and a pre-GX3 (the pre-release of he GX3, it has slightly different milling which I appreciate more, I refer to it as GX2 (since GX1 is the old Gen X's)). I always get +-3fps on the chrony, they shoot darts, and the milling is VERY nice for the price. My local store cant' carry them, they keep selling out. I'd say they're deffinetely a good buy, especially if you want a nice backup gun.

One negative about the GX3, the body is an ANS built body, the front block screw threads are DIFFERENT than an other cocker (atleast from what I've seen), it looks like a 2k but its not therefor you have to keep the 'low pressure chamber' on (which isn't really a LPC because its not hollow....), but its not really a biggy... The trigger has a lot of potential, personally I dont like how short and snappy it is stock, but it has the potential to be very nice :)