PDA

View Full Version : New AO Record! Over 1000 People Online Yesterday

AGD
03-08-2006, 12:52 PM
Go AO!

Things have been building up over the last few months. I find it particularly interesting since the rest of the paintball world has been struggling. Anyone have any ideas why?

Our old record was around 600 something during an online event.

AGD

Miscue
03-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Go AO!

Things have been building up over the last few months. I find it particularly interesting since the rest of the paintball world has been struggling. Anyone have any ideas why?

Our old record was around 600 something during an online event.

AGD

My guess is that AO is being targetted by bots/spiders... and the unusually high ratio of guests vs. registered users online (versus the past) can be attributed to this... non-human "guests" collecting data off the forums for whatever reason.

AutomagRT1483
03-08-2006, 01:01 PM
No it was the people looking at my Karta Emag I sold yesterday! ;)

Realistically though, I bet Miscue is probably right.

Miscue
03-08-2006, 01:07 PM
It's also possible that AO got "slashdotted" by some other web resource.

MicroMiniMe
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
It's also possible that AO got "slashdotted" by some other web resource.
Farked or slashdotted would kill the servers, not set a new attendance record.
:cuss:

BigEvil
03-08-2006, 01:24 PM
Partypoopers :mad:

Go AO!!!!

guru
03-08-2006, 01:30 PM
Maybe its because people are realizing that unlike other forums, AO is not littered with immature, ignorant, cocky heathens. This is the most helpful and mature forum I have found online. Ya'll run a tight ship. :argh:

shartley
03-08-2006, 01:45 PM
Less playing, more typing? I never took much stock in online numbers to gauge how well things are going or not going though. I have seen sales boom while apparent internet interest dwindled, and seen sales drop while apparent internet interest boomed. And the problem with AO is that numbers have been used in the past to tell folks what they wanted to hear/see… with little real relevance to what was really happening.

Maybe its because people are realizing that unlike other forums, AO is not littered with immature, ignorant, cocky heathens. This is the most helpful and mature forum I have found online. Ya'll run a tight ship. :argh:
I would not go that far either. LOL Be honest…. There are plenty of mature paintball forums out there. And it seems more and more on AO that discussions deteriorate into the same type of garbage seen on the other forums folks like to put down (though not as “bad” with language). It is not a question of whether things will get personal and insult filled, but how long it will take. And there are plenty of other forums that this simply is not allowed.

I am not trying to slam AO though. Only point out that it is not the shining beacon some would like to think it is. It is okay. It does have good members. But it is far from being the forum all others should emulate, nor has the best membership across the board.

Army
03-08-2006, 01:57 PM
People from around the world are coming to AO to...

...worship me :)

SpecialBlend2786
03-08-2006, 02:03 PM
People from around the world are coming to AO to...

...worship me :)

hell, that's the only reason I come here

Cow hunter
03-08-2006, 03:44 PM
i saw yesterday in the markers B/S/T there were 250 people there alone

Tunaman
03-08-2006, 04:21 PM
People are coming here because they realize that all the bad press that AGD has gotten in the past is utter bullcrap. Sales are up, mags are alive and well(as they have always been), and people see it. Go AGD! ;)

REDRT
03-08-2006, 05:16 PM
Growing trend of woodsball, scenerio play, and even stock class is got people more interest in things AGD can offer them. What better place to come than AO for insight on the MAGnificent Automag line up!? :D :dance:

hitech
03-08-2006, 06:28 PM
I've been here more lately, and don't really know why. Probably because I don't have a life at the moment...But, only one more treatment!

I have noticed even Tom has been around more lately.

RRfireblade
03-08-2006, 06:39 PM
My guess is that AO is being targetted by bots/spiders... and the unusually high ratio of guests vs. registered users online (versus the past) can be attributed to this... non-human "guests" collecting data off the forums for whatever reason.

My guess too , it's spiked a couple times in the last few weeks in the same manner, there was a thread about the last one and that set the record at like 5 am EST or some unusual time.

Definately a glitch or some 'other' reason.

-Tab
03-08-2006, 06:43 PM

Yep...I bet that's it.

OEM Petey
03-08-2006, 08:25 PM
numbers of people viewing in the bst forum were even higher than pbn!
thats my main reason for pbn, bst.
when i need good useful info, i go here :D

electriceel125
03-08-2006, 08:31 PM
You guys mean AGD is not closing like usual? :eek:

Glickman
03-08-2006, 08:33 PM
You guys mean AGD is not closing like usual? :eek:

nah, thats tommarow ;)

better buy up your mags now!

M98Punk
03-08-2006, 08:35 PM
This is pretty interesting, and I must say I am doing my part to promote mags :) On a side bar I was talking to the guys at PTP cause I'm gettin some stuff from them and they said that in the past month or two they've had a bunch of people being in near riots to get the left over (micro)mag parts that they have.

Cire
03-08-2006, 10:16 PM
For me, I've been online more lately than usual. I would have to guess that since it is getting close to the outdoor season, I'm chomping at the bit and reading about it is better than nothing at all.

Spring is in the air.......... :shooting: :shooting: :dance:

Cire

camilion705
03-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I've been on more and more simply because it keeps raining on every friday before I am able to go play, destroying my plans!! :( Maybe the storm won't hit this friday...? Ironic since I'm in SoCal...

Aslan
03-09-2006, 01:26 AM
Alot of good reasons...and shartley being a downer. :ninja:

I think it's partly because of the time of year, partly because of the resurgence of woodsball, but mostly because this forum is a quality product. I go to beog.org, there's nobody there...just me talking to myself. pbreview is nice. But pbnation is annoying. If you finally find a thread worth reading/posting in...by the time you log back in the next day...it's on page 5 or 6 and you can't search for it because there's 1502 people in the room.

This forum is well organized, informative, and interesting...and mostly mature :rolleyes:

nippinout
03-09-2006, 01:31 AM
Peak time was at 04:09 PM. What time zone?

trevorjk
03-09-2006, 01:36 AM
it has been going up steadily for a while now. for the last month alone we have pretty much had a new high everyday. so if its bots, why does the number keep going up on a steady bases? i however blame it on PBN, as they do not let guest browse there forums after so many people are on there site. this would drive lots n lots of people to other sites ;)

MoeMag
03-09-2006, 11:53 PM
In past months the used Automag inventory at my local shop has gone crazy. As of yesterday there were 11 Automags on the wall! There were not even that many new ions up there. :clap:

I think it might be a time of mass swap out. Older (un-enlightened) players who have had mags in their bags for a while are swapping out for newer cheaper electros. Sadly I saw a classic mag that had an ion ASA on it for sale. :cry:

We are in a market where a ’04 timmy is going for $350 and e blade cockers are running $200. Those are two mighty fine guns for next to nothing. I have to say they are very tempting. However, I happened across an e-mag a few weeks back and am quite happy.

But besides that, Mr. Kaye the fact that your guns are still sparking this amount of interest more than a decade after the classic68’s introduction, with a new generation of paint ballers, is quite the complement. My classic68 powerfeed is still respected when I walk onto a field with it.

:cheers:

Jrhan762
03-10-2006, 07:26 PM
I happen to have no respect for PB Nation, It's hard to use, people are downright hostile, and there's always too many people on. I meant to join AO as soon as I got my E-mag, But I wish I would have sooner. AO is a Godsend. I'm trying to get everyone I know on it.

...Plus, most americans are just coming out of the most sunless, depressing two months of the year. Everyone I know thinks about giving up paintball in January-Febuary. The excitement for the season kinda hits everybody at the same time, and it'll balance out here pretty soon.

Jrhan762
03-10-2006, 07:34 PM
In past months the used Automag inventory at my local shop has gone crazy. As of yesterday there were 11 Automags on the wall! There were not even that many new ions up there. :clap:

I think it might be a time of mass swap out. Older (un-enlightened) players who have had mags in their bags for a while are swapping out for newer cheaper electros. Sadly I saw a classic mag that had an ion ASA on it for sale. :cry:

We are in a market where a ’04 timmy is going for $350 and e blade cockers are running $200. Those are two mighty fine guns for next to nothing. I have to say they are very tempting. However, I happened across an e-mag a few weeks back and am quite happy.

But besides that, Mr. Kaye the fact that your guns are still sparking this amount of interest more than a decade after the classic68’s introduction, with a new generation of paint ballers, is quite the complement. My classic68 powerfeed is still respected when I walk onto a field with it.

I am actually trying to sell my '05 Proto to up my Cocker and finish my E-Mag. I'll probably never be able to get a decent price out of the Cocker, but I'm betting that an E-Mag with a predator board will hold it's value for quite awhile (unless paintball dies like my family is dead sure it's going to!). I love mags and Cockers...they just feel more real, more reactive than a Matrix or Shocker. I like a little kick to my gat, you know? Makes it feel less like a toy and more like a tool.

peewee
03-11-2006, 11:55 PM

Does that local shop have a site?!?!? You might see 2 used mags a year on the walls around here.

MoeMag
03-12-2006, 01:58 AM
Yes they do, but it is not for online sales. It is just phone numbers and a street address.