PDA

View Full Version : Minimag question.

Jrhan762
03-09-2006, 05:09 PM
Were there ever any different bodies made for the minimag? I've got the idea of a minimag with a devilmag frame in my head. I like the minimag body, but not the angled feed and stainless steel construction.

athomas
03-09-2006, 06:05 PM
The only minimag body options were for left or right powerfeed.

Chronobreak
03-09-2006, 06:54 PM
you could put a different body on it like a ULE

but then it would no longer be a minimag per say, and might look a tad odd

they had some black teflon coated bodies i believe, and some very rare center feed minimags that you might be able to catch on ebay, or check store.airgun.com

i would also think 2x before commiting to a devilmag, im not sure he is even accepting more orders

Cow hunter
03-09-2006, 07:17 PM
saw off the PF..... or would that work...... well it could be made so the warp mod is on the side, straight up, bit more of a straight feed than a PF....

http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0005.htm

sorta like that, but upwards.......

EDIT: found it, PF to vert
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0009.htm

Jrhan762
03-09-2006, 09:29 PM
Well, I love the minimag body, it's why I want one...but a powerfeed doesn't make sense to me since I'd put an electronic frame (needs an X-valve, I know) and an empire B on it.

FinchMan
03-09-2006, 11:12 PM
heh heh, i've got a black centerfeed minimag. :D

ThePixelGuru
03-10-2006, 03:49 AM
heh heh, i've got a black centerfeed minimag. :D
Yeah, where'd those come from? I've heard people talk about them, but I've never seen pictures or heard when they were made. I assume AGD made them..?

But yeah, it'd rock if AGD brought back the Minimag bodies in some updated form. Like centerfeed and warp ULE Minimags. That shroud would work so awesome with some sort of fade. Shrouds are nothing but sweet for woodsball, and it'd rock for the Minimag to make a comeback. See, just hold a Minimag for a minute. Don't you feel a bit more badass? Yeah, I thought so.

Oh well, AGD will just have to decide if there's enough interest for that sort of thing. (But c'mon AGD, do it. That, and Tac-One warp bodies.)

Cow hunter
03-10-2006, 07:17 AM
did NO ONE read my first post?????

EDIT: found it, PF to vert
http://www.lukescustoms.com/page0009.htm

link to lukes site, can make powerfeed to almost vert feed

Lenny
03-10-2006, 07:38 PM
did NO ONE read my first post?????

link to lukes site, can make powerfeed to almost vert feed

I was going to say lukes, but you beat me to it. I have a nice polished body I plan on eventually sendin to him.

usagi_tetsu
03-11-2006, 01:27 AM
Cow Hunter - I'd seen those before, surfing thru Luke's site, but it hadn't registered on my addled brain that those are what I'm looking for. Thanks for sharing and making my light bulb go on.

Luke of Luke's Customs - have a question, figured I'd ask it in public so everyone gets informed at the same time. Why yes, I am in the Army, why do you ask? =D Anyway, on the vert feed mod, it looks like you'd need a straight elbow to connect your hopper to the marker. Would it be possible to have you do a step up to accept a hopper in the tube itself, and then cut and channel the hopper tube to accept a CCM or similar feedneck clamp? Basically, extend the vert tube up a little farther to turn it, lock, stock, and smoking barrel, into a clamping feedneck. Is this possible, and are you willing to do it?

ThePixelGuru
03-11-2006, 04:07 AM
can make powerfeed to almost vert feed
Yeah, almost. Half the advantage of vert feed is that there's no elbow to slow the balls down. luke's mod is still great if you want to change the profile of your rig, though.

Jrhan762
03-11-2006, 10:10 AM
What I really want is a ULE Minimag body...with the shroud. I love the shroud. But the stainless steel is a bit hefty. A+ for durability, but hefty. Being able to put a clamping feedneck on it would be nice...Cocker threading would also help, but i've already got a twist-lock freak, so I should quit whining.

usagi_tetsu
03-11-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, almost. Half the advantage of vert feed is that there's no elbow to slow the balls down. luke's mod is still great if you want to change the profile of your rig, though.

Yeah, I know it's not a true vert feed, but when you've got a body with a left feed (not powerfeed left, just that ridiculously tall left feed), bringing it down to even the pseudo-vert is good enough. And to be able to incorporate a clamping feedneck and skip a plastic joiner neck altogether, that'd be just heavenly. 'Sides, I'm running an untampered Classic Valve (no ULT, no LvlX, no RT on/off...), so the feedneck slow up isn't going to affect it all that much. Just make the body more pleasing to the eye, and a lot more tighter.

luke
03-13-2006, 11:33 AM
it looks like you'd need a straight elbow to connect your hopper to the marker. Would it be possible to have you do a step up to accept a hopper in the tube itself, and then cut and channel the hopper tube to accept a CCM or similar feedneck clamp? Basically, extend the vert tube up a little farther to turn it, lock, stock, and smoking barrel, into a clamping feedneck. Is this possible, and are you willing to do it?

I don't have plans on taking this mod any farther than I have. There are a ton of feed necks available on the market that slide over the feed tube. There really isn't a good reason to make one just for this.

The best route is to look into Spyder feed necks, the are many diffrent styles to choose from.

usagi_tetsu
03-15-2006, 01:51 AM
Oh okay, I'd never thought about a spyder style clamping feedneck. I'll give them a look-see.

Thanks for the info!