PDA

View Full Version : agd marketing?

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-15-2001, 10:38 PM
i was reading other posts about smarts parts and the shocker and impulse saying how they sell things mainly through marketing strategy when it occured to me, doesnt' agd somewhat do the same? now i realize that agd puts out quality products, but how many people said they'd buy an intellifeed before they even saw what they looked like or even how they performed? or the warpfeed for that matter? again, i know that agd test their products and such, but doesn't everyone? they can't make a perfect upgrade to automags everytime. they're human. if they said they had a new valve that could eliminate all shootdown before they tested or even finished it, how many people would buy it just on the fact that they said they could do it? from what i see on here, a lot. i was just contemplating this and wanted to know some others' input.

Butterfingers
12-15-2001, 11:24 PM
AGD had built up a reputation for selling quality products. They don't have to lie to sell products. People know that most of the time when somthing comes from AGD it will work and it will work well. When people spread word of mouth information about AGD it is based on personal experience NOT what AGD tells them. In this case people make thier own logical judgement about the products. AGD builds support by telling them the TRUTH and providing unparalelled customer service.

AGD's marketing is based on trust, people know that when AGD comes up with somthing they wont sell it until they can prove that it does what they want it to do.

Fart parts (my favorite company...blah...) has spread so many rumors about thier antigravity paintball products that it has passed on as false information among everybody. They like wow-ing people with false information that sounds great and impressive, and really is beliveable. But in reality its all lies, supported by lies... They like marketing points that dont really matter but sound good, and most of the time they are physycally impossible. For example:

Smart parts started the whole trajectory and revived the range issue. They claimed that becuse of their ported barrels and low pressure systems they can have a flatter trajectory and more range. This is bullcrap anybody who has taken general physics can tell you this theory violates the rules of projectile motion. This is a marketing techinqe called a fallacous appeal to ignorance. It's when sombody offers a reasonable explaination playing upon logical patterns, but is nothing but lies. For Example: The sun revolves around the earth because we see the sun revolving around the earth. In this case it is obviously false, but if you didnt know any better you would belive it. The buyer is duped into beliving these claims cause he dosent know any better.

They made fallacous claims about how accuracy is improved by rifled porting. This is a myth. They played on the assumption that people make about real firearms. Paintballs are diffrent. Is a round shell filled by liquid. In anylitical terms this marketing technique is called a faulty generalization. This is when sombody takes a well known fact or theory that applies to one thing and extends it to another. For example: A car and a motorcycle are motor vehicles, a car has 4 wheels therefore a motorcycle also has 4 wheels. This is fairly obvious the way it is stated. But if you didnt know a motorcycle didnt have 4 wheels you would be duped.

They started the turbulance and water balloon theory. This is also a fallacous appeal to ignorance.

This is only the tip of the iceburg I can go on for days about fart parts and other companies.

Fart Parts marketing is based on LIES supported by LIES that people WANT to belive because they think it will give them an advantage on the field.

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-15-2001, 11:50 PM
you feel pretty pationately about this don't you? didn't think i'd get that kind of response.

Butterfingers
12-15-2001, 11:56 PM
But message boards have traumatized me, I keep seeing these kids who insist that the smart parts explaination is correct. Then I have to waste my time for some unforseen reason explaing it to them. Then they say that I am wrong.

The most popular excuse is that physics are wrong and that formulas don't apply in real life.

Ignorance is a pet peve of mine...

TheBigRaguPB4L
12-16-2001, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by Butterfingers

The most popular excuse is that physics are wrong and that formulas don't apply in real life.

hahahahha, that's a good one.

FooTemps
12-16-2001, 12:04 AM
Well, that's why I surround myself with knowledgeable friends... They believe what I say because they know it's true...