PDA

View Full Version : I'm a new guy at this forum and paintball.

I'll Shoot You
03-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Hello, as the title says, i'm new here and new to paintball. I've got a lot of questions and i hope you guys are patient and anwser. I need a lot of help and advice. I'm more into airsoft, but airsoft is not as common as paintball so i might as well get into paintball too.
I was wondering what guns do you recommend for around $100 shipped. A package with everything a starter needs and comes with 2 guns for around $250 would be nice too. I've seen the 32 Degree Icon X, Tippmann 98 Custom, Brass Eagle Strike, and Sypder Victor II on sites around my price range. What sites do you recommend that i should order from and can someone give me a list of reliable and good paintball sites. Google/Yahoo isnt really helpful. Also, i've seen mechanical, eletric, and co2 paintball guns on sites. I'm guessing mechanical ones are the ones you have to cock, eletric you have to charge, and co2 you have to put co2 in. I know nothing about paintball, someone please help me. AIM @ aimshoothitdead Thank You

behemoth
03-10-2006, 04:54 PM
Hello, as the title says, i'm new here and new to paintball. I've got a lot of questions and i hope you guys are patient and anwser. I need a lot of help and advice. I'm more into airsoft, but airsoft is not as common as paintball so i might as well get into paintball too.
I was wondering what guns do you recommend for around $100 shipped. A package with everything a starter needs and comes with 2 guns for around $250 would be nice too. I've seen the 32 Degree Icon X, Tippmann 98 Custom, Brass Eagle Strike, and Sypder Victor II on sites around my price range. What sites do you recommend that i should order from and can someone give me a list of reliable and good paintball sites. Google/Yahoo isnt really helpful. Also, i've seen mechanical, eletric, and co2 paintball guns on sites. I'm guessing mechanical ones are the ones you have to cock, eletric you have to charge, and co2 you have to put co2 in. I know nothing about paintball, someone please help me. AIM @ aimshoothitdead Thank You

buy a slingshot.

robnix
03-10-2006, 04:55 PM

Since you're here, go to the classefieds section. Someone will most likely be able to hook you up with an older mag setup for $250.00.

neppo1345
03-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Well, first off

Welcome to AO.

There are many different kinds of guns. However they all use some type of compressed gas (co2 or nitrogen(compressed air)).

Some are electric: there is a switch behind the trigger and the firing sequence is controlled by a microchip, releasing gas into the barrel to push out the ball. Usually very short, very light trigger pull and high rates of fire.

Some are Mechanical: Pull trigger, mechanism connected to trigger releases gas that pushes the ball out of the barrel. Usually heavier, longer trigger pull.

Then there are pump guns: You have to manually load a ball into the gun by pumping it like a shotgun, the rest of the sequenc works like a mechanical gun releasing air into the barrel to push the ball out. (usually very sloe rate of fire. Trigger pull varies, usually accurate.)

As for a starter gun, I of course recommend an automag...I'm sure you can find someone on here to sell you a package for around 100

personman
03-10-2006, 05:07 PM
For $100, get a tippmann. Dont bother with spyders and most defently not anything brass eagle. Or you could get a used automag, those are nice too.

punkncat
03-10-2006, 05:13 PM
As was posted above...go for a Tippmann. Its very reliable, works well on CO2 which is common and cheap. For the price you are looking for, find a used 98C or Prolite.

Good luck with paintball. Be safe and enjoy.

peewee
03-10-2006, 05:28 PM
. Hi & welcome! Most of us are pretty mellow. If $250 is your upper limit for two setups you will be running a tight budget. Do you have anything paintball related mask, etc.? If not you might have a hard time getting hooked up. $170 is an average price for a tippmann 98 custom players pack. I don't hold to the don't buy spyder / kingman ideology. The kingmann spyder sonix player pack $99 is most likely your best bet (spyder extra super pack runs $140). The stack tube blowback requires more maintenance than a tippmann or automag, but I don't feel that its a no go. The 32 degree markers like the icon are made by kingman for them. The icon e is a spyder E99. The stacked tube blow back is very, very easy (way easier to take apart than a tippmann) to work on & is reliable. I'd recommend actionvillage.com. Great store. Hope this helps.

RapidTransit
03-10-2006, 06:55 PM
First off make sure to get Nitrogen/Compressed Air, High Output PSI. When I was a noob I wish I had bit the bullet and just bought one outright. Get a used Mag, not only will you have something unique you will also have a really great marker. I had a Tippy when I started out, I wasn't well informed either and I should have bought a Mag if I learned a bit, I remember the first time I went to do some matenence on a new Tippy 98C, springs shot everywhere and I said thats it. :cuss:

Another choice that I strongly reccomend is a Phantom Pump using 12gram cartridges or small CO2 tank. Simple, easy, and reliable. Plus a pump can teach you better fundamentals than a semi-auto's spray and prey.

I'll Shoot You
03-10-2006, 07:05 PM
Please dont use paintball lingo unless you explain it to me. I know nothing about paintball. I've heard that Tippmann 98 Custom are built like a tank and easy to maintain (how do you maintain it anyways?) Also, i'm really just looking for a cheap NEW beginner gun that has everything i need to open up the box and start shooting. A mask would be nice if it was included. I just want to bring it over my friends house, make him my moving target. Actually only sites that i've found that people recommend are actionvillage and xtremez. Is there a review or a site that tells me everything about paintball. Thank you.

RoamingStorm
03-10-2006, 07:14 PM
there isnt much to learn about, a 6 gram ball filled with paint is shot at opponents, You have different style guns, trigger pull = amount of force required to cause the gun to fire, you can get electonic guns which activate the guns electronically, or you can get mechanical which is slower. What do you want to know

I suggest an automag classic, You cant do too much for 100 and have quality, go for a used gun no reason for a new one if your new to the sport, plus youll get more for you buck

-RS

RapidTransit
03-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Please dont use paintball lingo unless you explain it to me. I know nothing about paintball. I've heard that Tippmann 98 Custom are built like a tank and easy to maintain (how do you maintain it anyways?) Also, i'm really just looking for a cheap NEW beginner gun that has everything i need to open up the box and start shooting. A mask would be nice if it was included. I just want to bring it over my friends house, make him my moving target. Actually only sites that i've found that people recommend are actionvillage and xtremez. Is there a review or a site that tells me everything about paintball. Thank you.
www.pbreview.com, as for buying part, goto a Paintball Store or Field with a store, internet does not always mean cheaper :nono: ask one of the owners/mangers what they are trying to get rid of for real cheap

Pyroboy597
03-10-2006, 08:40 PM
Welcome to the sport man.

My first gun was a spyder, and it never broke on me. If I were you, I would go to your local field a few times before buying a gun and rent one there. That way you can be sure of what kind of paintball you want to play, and if you are even going to like it. All guns take cO2 or N2 as stated before, CO2 being cheaper and more common on beginner setups.

I would use www.paintballgear.com to buy things, that is where all my stuff is from and they seem to have good prices and good service since they are a large company.

I'll Shoot You
03-10-2006, 08:50 PM
Is there an age to buy paintball guns in specifically New Jersey? Also, i prefer to not go to walk in stores, i hate being pressured, and when i walk in, i'll spend more than i ever expect. This is why i order most of my stuff online. Basiacally when i see it in person, i get tempted but sometimes i like to check online to make sure its cheaper and all. o yeah Thank You for that site!!!
Is there a safety on paintball guns? Also i really confused about mechanical and eletrionic.
Here are some links to some packages that are around my price range off of actionvillage and will you guys recommend the two that you think will suit me well. Remember what you pay for is what you get does not count here or in airsoft. Brands dont count either. Can you read the specifications on the site and decide for me since i know no idea what they're talking about.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=7xfAqArbNVgAAAECUPMmO6f8

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=OEbAqArbTXgAAAECQ_MmO6f8

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=WQ7AqArbKDAAAAECNfMmO6f8

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=g4nAqArbtlUAAAEI0TVE1gbm

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=%2ewrAqArbu%2ecAAAD%2eqrpwlSZT

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=zBbAqArbSG8AAAD%2edLpwlSZT

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=a2bAqArbt5IAAAEAZZShw68t

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=rDvAqArbG6wAAAD_opFiegi4

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=bDbAqArbAgAAAAD_lZFiegi4

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=sb5jHTQy0tJjjXAgozKjtT6UDk27hzTsXqw=?Pro ductID=gG6sFAY7LKgAAAD3f8KlA_2s

I know i'm asking much, but it would be really kind of you if you could just tell me exactly what to buy to open up the box and start shooting and it comes with a mask (i perfer the ones that cover the whole head). Two different set or just a set would be nice. Thank You remember if it is two set $250 is my limit and around $100 is my limit for a set.

Pyroboy597
03-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Yes, there is a safety on paintball guns. (Most atleast) What part of Jersey are you from? There is no age to own one, but many stores will require that you have a parent with you. Since you are going to buy online, you will need your parents permission anyway so its not a big deal. Let me look at the packages, and I will edit my post.

electronic guns are easier to fire, and are generally faster shooting. They use a computer chip that is linked to various parts, so firing the gun is like clicking a mouse. On a mech gun, you pulling the trigger is actually opening and closing the valve, so it is a harder to pull trigger. All paintball guns require CO2 or N2.

EDIT:

Most of the packs you picked are about the same, but to be honest $100 is not very much to work with for a complete set. You may want to consider earning and extra $50-100 if you can, and until then just rent a gun at your local field (which you should try a few times either way). Most of the packages you picked are about the same, I personally would choose anything spyder over Pirana and Mokal Focus

I'll Shoot You
03-10-2006, 09:21 PM
Money isnt a problem, but i'm 14 and i dont want to buy an expensive gun so my mom can complain more about me "wasting" money on guns. I'm from south jersey. I've shot a paintball gun in Altantic City where you shoot this guy with armour/gear/tactical shield. It's call shoot the geek. It was fun, but waste of $. Let say i shot the guy in the knee more than he can handle lmao. What if my cousin comes with me instead of one of my parents? I know theres like 2 paintball shops ago only 30 mins away. Like i said, i dont want to walk in and say you need a parent, or they'll pressure me into getting an expensive gun or make me feel dumb cause i know absolute nothing. Are there certain type of paintballs each one uses? If you have any questions about airsoft guns (eletric and springs gun, i know nothing about gas except from my research). Thank You but i rather stay in my price range.

Pyroboy597
03-10-2006, 09:28 PM
OK, well than I would do with any of the spyders you found, if you don't like them, get a tippman. What shops are you near? I am also from South Jersey, and I know what you mean by shoot teh geek. What a bad job that would be..

bleachit
03-10-2006, 10:39 PM
as far as maintainece on a tippy 98.. you gas it up, play, then throw it in your closet, repeat. yes, it is that easy. dont really need to oil them, dont really need to take them apart. just play with it and put it away. they arent too complicated if you do decided to open it up and clean it out... but thats usually not necessary.

I'll Shoot You
03-10-2006, 11:07 PM
so how do i gas it up? How much does an average paintball weigh? is it really loud, and so i all really need is paintballs and co2 to play? Are there reuseable paintballs or really cheap paintballs? Do paintball guns run on all kind of paintballs or are there certain kinds? I'm probably going to get a tippmann but is a regular tippmann 98 good or does it have to b the tippmann 98 custom?
There a lot of spyder can you b specific and i dont know what the name of the shops are but i live in voorhees near the dead echleon mall. I know one of them is located in a plaza i think in cherry hill and the other is in berlin i think and i think they sell skateboards there too, oh yeah the berlin mart sells paintball and airsoft guns but i dont trust those people.

Pyroboy597
03-10-2006, 11:11 PM
Either one will serve you fine. The custom has some other options available, but chances are you will be perfectly fine with the regular one. All paintball guns run on .68 caliber paintballs, which are pretty much the only kind sold. They are a little bigger than a marble, as for weight i have no idea. they are loud, but not like a real gun sound. They do sell reusable paintballs, but they are very expensive and you will have to collect/clean them in between games. Cases (2000 balls) range in price between $35 and $60. I would not recommend buying paint online. Do you know the names of your two local stores? I can tell you which to go to assuming you live near me (since we both live in south jersey)

bleachit
03-10-2006, 11:13 PM
regular tippy 98 is an older version of the 98 custom. The custom just means its easier to upgrade with an RT trigger and some other stuff. and I think the new markers have a different barrel thread...

to gas it up, get a co2 tank, have your local paintball shop fill it then screw it into the bottom of the trigger frame where the adapter is.

paintballs are .68 caliber.. you can find some that are .50, but they are specialty and not for normal use. reuseable paintballs, reballs I think, are mostly used to messing around.. normal paintballs are not reuseable. loudness usually depends on the barrel you are using. not sure how much they weigh.

MoeMag
03-10-2006, 11:23 PM
Hey there welcome to paintball.

First to answer one of your questions, all conventional paintballs are the same size .68 of an inch in diameter aka 68 caliber.

I will be honest with you. $100 is chump change in paintball I am sad to say. Consider that buying paintballs in cases of 2000 usually runs about $45-60. Two cases of paint is easily $100. (I will use a case in 4 hours easily)

Have you actually played paintball yourself? If you haven’t go to a field and rent a few times. See if you actually like it.

If you do like it and want a gun, please do yourself a favor and save up a little longer and get something nice. Automags are incredible paintball guns and I highly recommend any of them new or old. I got my first Automag for $170, I will never regret spending that on it. Tippmanns are great guns as well. My first gun was an old tippy I got for $50 from a friend, I love that gun and my girlfriend still uses it when we play.

My words of wisdom…
Don’t buy something cheap (in quality), because you will pay for it later.

There is nothing wrong with buying used… as long as you know EXACTLY what it is.
You cannot go wrong with tippmann or Automag.

EDIT: oops, I took a long time writing this, some of this is redundant.

I'll Shoot You
03-10-2006, 11:52 PM
I'll try to find out the names of my local stores. Paintball is kinda like airsoft. I like airsoft, except i want to play games with the big boys. :D Also, my friend volunteers to be my moving target so what the hell a hundred dollars to shoot my friend basically is fun, oh the joy! Also, where can i get some reuseable paintballs? Are refurbish guns just as good? Also, how come paintball mask have holes near the nose and mouth (i know to breathe, but wouldnt paint get on you if you get shot in the face, and wouldnt it hurt anyways?). What is the gun oil for and etc. Is there anything else i need to buy with the gun to keep it working, maintain, working, and etc besides co2 and paintbals, like extra gearsand stuff. I'm going to get the Tippmann 98 Custom if my cousin orders a paintball gun with me too, if he doesnt, i'll get a Kingman Spyder Victor II.

Pyroboy597
03-11-2006, 12:10 AM
If you live near Camden County, it might be worth a trip to either On Target Sports (OTS) which is off White Horse Pike or to Quickshot Paintball (which is part of the patriot fuels facility in Shamong). They can get you all geared up, oil, and everything. They won't pressure you to buy anything if you do not want to, the guys at both places are nice. It is always good to buy from a store because if it breaks they will usually fix it for free or atleast a lot less than it would cost you to ship it to the manufacturer.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 01:03 AM
Yeah, i actually do live in Camden County. I dont know, maybe i'll stop by and see how much they're selling their Tippmann 98 and how much they're selling the Kingman Spyder Victory II. Unless you already know. :) My mom nor my dad is going to bring me, but my cousin will, so hes going to have to buy the gun for me instead.

MoeMag
03-11-2006, 01:08 AM
Tippy 98 custom is a good choice you will not regret it. Great guns out of the box, and if you really get into it there are a lot of good upgrades available to you.

Reusable paintballs are not really much fun because they are about $40 for 100. They are really not meant to be played with; they are more of a tool a shop would use while testing a gun. The only brand name I can think of is Rufus Balls. They are solid rubber and will bounce around like crazy. Never had any, and don’t see any point to get them.

Holes in the mask…the strainer. Yes, paint will go through them, but not enough to count and it doesn’t hurt. I have gotten paint in my mouth plenty of times, no biggy, just a nasty taste.

Oil. A paintball gun is metal (except ions, but that’s another story), and any moving machine made out of metal needs to be oiled or it will over heat, eat itself up, rust, or jam. Also there are many o-rings in a gun that depend on oil to help keep a seal. You won’t have to worry about it too much on a tippy though. I remember someone said if you spit on a tippmann it will be lubed for a year, but that doesn’t mean don’t take care of your gun.

refurbish guns… not quite sure what you mean.

If you are talking about used guns… like I said before, know EXACTLY what it is. What I mean by that is know the gun, know the parts, know the flaws, know how much it is worth, Know how much it will cost to get it the way you want it.

I have bought all my guns used and my bill is well over $2000 getting them the way I want. just dropped $250 on a used e-mag last week.

famousgamer
03-11-2006, 01:18 AM
I vote for the Tippy 98 myself as well. Great price and a solid marker.

100 bucks tho? The slingshot idea is starting to sound pretty realistic. (Ive shot my brother with a slingshotted paintball once. Didnt break... ouch)

I got an Automag with a ULE body, classic valve, level 10 bolt, after-market barrel, back bottle adapter and t-stock for 150 bucks. True story, and I thank and bless that EBAY seller everyday I think about my marker.

The moral of the story is: use Ebay. Seriously. Get your folks to bid for you, and use their credit card for the purchase. Pay em back. Boo yah. Instant savings.

You could actually just have people here on the forums pick out deals for you on Ebay, once you have talked to your folks and got your Ebay account ready to go. I would not mind helping you shop for a cheap rig. I, like many here, are quite Ebay savvy.

Having said that... I just dropped about 600 bucks on paintball gear this last two months. Eek.

REDRT
03-11-2006, 01:36 AM
Having said that... I just dropped about 600 bucks on paintball gear this last two months. Eek.

I almost have that on my Karta body alone already and it isn't done yet! :eek: :cry: In the last few weeks I have spent well over a grand PB wise. The reason for my headache. :tard:

Famousgamer had a point about Ebay having sometimes good deals at low costs, Check out what local shops might have in the used bin and check at local fields. They might be willing to sell used rental equipment also. Some ave's to explore on a budget.

Speedballer666
03-11-2006, 02:59 AM
Is there anything else i need to buy with the gun to keep it working, maintain, working, and etc besides co2 and paintbals, like extra gearsand stuff.

You will need a hopper (big plastic thing that holds the balls on top of your gun) and you definatly NEED a mask. Also some other small things would be a squeegy (stick or rope type thing that goes in your barrel to clean out broken paintballs) and a barrel plug of some sort (extra safety measure), Also you might need whats called an elbow to attach your hopper for some guns.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 07:20 AM
Yeah, i'm pretty sure leaning to a Tippmann 98, but not a custom because i dont plan on upgrading it and its cheaper. :D REburish as in remanufactored. If i get oil, where would i use it on? I've heard tippmann can handle anything and not break so i'm going to go with a tippmann.
So sites have been saying that when you put co2 in your gun it lasts about 400-450 shots? How much co2 do you put in, the whole 9oz or 12oz? What if you only fire like 10shots and your gun still has co2, is that safe?
Does a tippmann need a "elbow"?
What does a Tippmann usually come with just the gun?
Actually, i've seen a lot of used items on ebay, i've never bought anything used, not even a game, so no matter what you say you cant change my mind. If Pyroboy knows the # to those two paintball retailer or an e-mail address then i'll see if they have them in stock and go pick it up. Or i order from ebay or actionvillage or xtremez.
I want to use reuseable paintball to plink around. Psss also so if i'm not home and someone uses my gun and shoots a squirrel, the dead/alive squirre; wont have a splash of paint on its fur.
Also, i can buy like paintballs anywhere.So basically all i need to shoot the gun out of the box is: order the gun, order co2, order barrel plug, order squeggy, order a hopper, mask, oil (maintain), order paintballs, and an elbow (if a tippmann needs it).
Thank You guys so much. I joined a paintball forum and like no one ever replies to help me. So i post like topic in each section and i gfot bann. Oh yeah, someone on asf (airsoft form) told me to come here.

ZEROte
03-11-2006, 07:43 AM
impactpaintball.com impact paintball is located in edison nj. 732-339-0820 the guys there are probably the most helpful in this state they lifetime waranty anything they sell and when the time comes for it to make an upgrade which you will they will be able to get you what you need. and they always have tippmanns in stock.

also buying used is great you save a ton of money and usually get extras that you wouldve bought later down the road anyway,

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 08:15 AM
Edison NJ? Is that North or South Jersey?
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=tqBTdt4Zsq5T-JoLf7WT3tS_yGivgt7HWbI=?ProductID=kZWsFAY7G2kAAAD3 saWlA_2s
http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=PBS2ND&variation=&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=475
I was wondering why these paintballs are so cheap even if they are pratice balls, they're still actual paintballs.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=tqBTdt4Zsq5T-JoLf7WT3tS_yGivgt7HWbI=?ProductID=cCTAqArbxBAAAAEG 3gvbl6iJ#
I'm guessing these are cheap because of the brand brass eagle.
http://www.xtremez.com/paintball/product_information.asp?number=PBRDT&variation=200&aitem=&mitem=&back=yes&dept=524
These are the reuseable paintballs you were talking about right? It actually comes with 200 not 100. :clap: Well, 50 for $12 and 200 for $35
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=3F1XmOoWvfBXtq4EFzuXMODfopWrbDNclBU=?Pro ductID=xSasFAY7xe4AAAD68I51Movh
What are these suppose to be for, they're cheap.
http://www.paintballgun.com/get_item_y17-101_laserballs-35-round-bag.html
Lazer Balls...?
:D
There are no tippmanns at their site only "angels".
I just notice that when they say 12oz co2 they dont give u co2, its just the tank. So where am i suppose to get the co2? No one ships co2 in a tank, is it illegal/

Pyroboy597
03-11-2006, 09:50 AM
Oil. A paintball gun is metal (except ions, but that’s another story), and

Ion internals are metal and need to be lubed just the same.

Pyroboy597
03-11-2006, 09:54 AM
Edison is in North Jersey. The cheap paintballs you found are indeed paintballs, but they are not great. In a tippman they will probably shoot but will be less accurate than others. The lazer balls are reusable paintballs. I really would not mess with those. Many types over time can mess with your barrel, and you need to change your velocity to shoot them (make your gun fire the ball slower) or you could end up breaking the skin on every shot (seen the results of a reball fired at 300fps). If you are just going to shoot your friend, go to OTS and buy a bag of 500 or 800 for like 18 dollars. If you and your friend are going to be playing 1v1, make sure that you have a 12 ounce or 20 ounce CO2 tank, otherwise you will run out.

Cherry Hill? Voorhees? Marlton? I am in Cherry Hill.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 01:15 PM
Voorhees. Can someone anwser my previous questions. Does anyone here recommend the Kingman Spyder? I

bleachit
03-11-2006, 01:18 PM
spyders are nice.. but require a bit of maintenance. they need to be oiled well regularly and the bolt will scratch itself up nicely...

they do perform well, but a tippy 98 will require much less effort to take care of.

bleachit
03-11-2006, 01:23 PM
Yeah, i'm pretty sure leaning to a Tippmann 98, but not a custom because i dont plan on upgrading it and its cheaper. :D REburish as in remanufactored. If i get oil, where would i use it on? I've heard tippmann can handle anything and not break so i'm going to go with a tippmann.
So sites have been saying that when you put co2 in your gun it lasts about 400-450 shots? How much co2 do you put in, the whole 9oz or 12oz? What if you only fire like 10shots and your gun still has co2, is that safe?
Does a tippmann need a "elbow"?
What does a Tippmann usually come with just the gun?
Actually, i've seen a lot of used items on ebay, i've never bought anything used, not even a game, so no matter what you say you cant change my mind. If Pyroboy knows the # to those two paintball retailer or an e-mail address then i'll see if they have them in stock and go pick it up. Or i order from ebay or actionvillage or xtremez.
I want to use reuseable paintball to plink around. Psss also so if i'm not home and someone uses my gun and shoots a squirrel, the dead/alive squirre; wont have a splash of paint on its fur.
Also, i can buy like paintballs anywhere.So basically all i need to shoot the gun out of the box is: order the gun, order co2, order barrel plug, order squeggy, order a hopper, mask, oil (maintain), order paintballs, and an elbow (if a tippmann needs it).
Thank You guys so much. I joined a paintball forum and like no one ever replies to help me. So i post like topic in each section and i gfot bann. Oh yeah, someone on asf (airsoft form) told me to come here.

a co2 tank you can get in a 9oz, 12 oz, 16 oz and 20 oz tank. you screw the entire tank in, and you can unscrew it when you are done.. you will lose a bit of co2 when unscrewing but there will still be some left and you can just screw it back in when you are done, assuming you didnt use it all up. yes the co2 tanks are safe, you just need to ensure that the valve doesnt unscrew from the tank when you are removing it from the marker.. the 98 does not need an elbow, its built into the marker. if you get the pack it will come with the gun, co2 tank, and a mask, as well as a few parts I believe. if you just buy the gun I think its only the marker. if you have a walmart nearby you can check them out in the sporting goods section, the 98 custom pack.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 01:40 PM
When you order the co2 is there co2 in there or is it just the tank. I was searching around and a site said something like its just the tank no co2. Is it like that everywhere? You havve to get your own co2? What would i need to buy to basically shoot the gun right away? Well, i'll be out playing bball so i cant check like every 30mins so feel free to awnser my questions or teach me something and etc. Thank you. I'm going to stick with the Tippmann custom.

jenarelJAM
03-11-2006, 06:40 PM
It may be a little too late to try to give you advice now. I haven't read EVERY post so some of your questions might be answered now.

From what you're saying, it sounds like you want a paintball gun that you can just shoot your friend with. While this will be entertaining for a while, soon it will become expensive and unfulfilling. To be buying over $100 worth of paintball gear, you need to have been to a paintball field, and understand just how fun it is. If paying a $100 price tag for a little bit of "shoot the geek" or whatever is worth it to you, so be it, but i think your money could be better spent elsewhere.

On to equipment:

It seems you have decided on the tippman 98 custom. Several of my friends had them before they decided to upgrade to more expensive electric markers. They are incredibly durable and you will have very few regrets.

Paintballs are going to be expensive. For a good price, paint costs around 2 cents per paintball, if you buy in bulk. If you buy at a local shop in 500's, prepare to be paying 3 cents to 4 cents per paintball. This might not sound expensive, but considering that you can go through 50 rounds in 10 seconds, it gets really expensive, really fast. If you are looking for reusable paintballs, there is something called reballs. They run around $45 for a pod(140 balls), but can be reused up to 1000 times. If you can shell out the money, and can collect them all at the end, it sounds like this may be better for shooting your friend with. No mess. Anything other than reballs will have problems. I have done "some" research on this and concluded that reballs are the only reusable paintball that will not take massive amounts of maintenence, and are also accurate paintball substitutes.

A mask is one of the most important parts of paintball. It is the only thing keeping you from losing your sight, hearing, life. Many masks are itchy and uncomfortable, you need to find something that will fit well, and cover your whole face, still allowing you to see. I reccommend a vforce mask. Their cheaper masks can be bought for $20-25, which is slightly more expensive than the alternative, but in my opinion, it is 100% worth it.
Also, even if you and your friend are sharing one gun, shooting each other one at a time, you need TWO masks. It is unsafe to be around a paintball marker without a mask on, EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT BEING SHOT AT. Accidents happen.

For air, you can get a co2 cylinder for $10-$20, or one might come in your package. These cylinders are not filled. You will need to take them to your paintball field to get them filled(usually around $3-$5), and they will last between 300 and 800 shots(depending on the size) before you have to go get them filled again. Although this is not a large cost, many people overlook air fees, and they build up over time.

Your hopper should come in the package, and should be basicly a hollow shell. There is no point in anything else at this point.

As far as buying this stuff, I would say that your best bet for buying it would be online, probably at www.actionvillage.com. I would advise that you go to your paintball shop, just to meet the people and see what they reccomend. Tell them first thing that you are not interested in buying a gun today, but would like to learn about pros and cons of some of the entry level markers and packages. Write down their suggestions, then do some searching online for the best prices. I have never seen a proshop with cheaper prices than online stores, hence, I never buy from proshops.

Hope this helps, Hope you get into paintball :dance:

nate2k191
03-11-2006, 07:03 PM
you seem like you just want to substitute a paintball gun for your airsoft gun. some problems with are:

co2 tanks do not come with co2, they must be filled (for a price) at a store, field, or from a fill station that i dont think you want to purchase

paintballs- expensive $30-75 per case of 2000. they are messy too, they leave stains and... paint everywhere. cannot re-use unless you buy reballs (rubber paintballs)

airsoft stings, but paintballs hurt and can cause severe damage. you need a mask for sure. and you should know some safety things.

paintball guns might be illegal where you are, in public at least, not on a field- you have a chance of getting in trouble with police or authorities if you are shooting them around your house.

theres probably some stuff i didnt cover, but thats some basic info

I basically reccomend that you stick to airsoft for now, and when you are older and have more money, see if you like paintballing. its expensive, but its an awesome sport. i love it and i love mags.

good luck with whatever.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 07:14 PM
http://home.fuse.net/edge/edgepaintball/completes.html#
The 20oz package is the one i'm probably going to get with 2000paintballs. I think it includes everything for me to just open up the box and start shooting. The total is $192 shipped. A bit more than i expected to spend, but its all good. Its the cheapest i've found so far. Anyone order from this site or went to the store?
Also, in May, it'll be my best friend's birthday (knew him since i was like 6), and my mom is giving me $100 to buy him a paintball gun.. This will be his first, he airsoft. I'm not expecting to add any money. I'll add like $10 but thats like it.
What gun do you recommend me to get him that will cost at most $110 shipped with everything he needs to open the box and fire. I'm guessing, you guys will recommend the Spyder.

EDIT: I didnt read the other two post before i post again. Why you guys always trying to change my mind. When my mind is set its set. Money isnt the problem, its just that i just ordered a gas airsoft gun which cost me $150 for the gun, bbs, and gas. Now i just have $280 left and i want to spend it on paintball. After i buy all this i'll have $90 for my own enjoyment. Thank You.

Wait, what other place can you get co2? Walmart, Target, and etc? So you can get them at gas stations?

nate2k191
03-11-2006, 07:31 PM
so... tippman 98 package seems good. paintballing is expensive, you dont seem to care tho. it costs at least 30 bucks every time you paintball at a field, and will cost at least 15 bucks if you just want to shoot a few in your backyard.

spiders are good beginner guns.

you get a gun based on how you play and what you need most out of the gun. buy a marker based on that. but if you want one to shoot in your backyard anything will do.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I rather not play at paintball fields with people who i dont know and get pwn. I rather play with people i know and pwn. :clap: Lets just say i'm the most accurate shooter out of all my friends in airsoft. I'm only one that can run and shoot a soda can that is raised a foot off the ground from 30ft away using one hand and hit it.

famousgamer
03-11-2006, 07:53 PM
Dude. Unless you are playing with some seriously honorable people, who have amazing tech knowledge, play at a regular feild.

At a regular paintball feild you can have you marker chronoed (have its speed measured) and every gun will be in legal and safe limits. There is nothing more important than saftey, and playing in a feild with your pals is sketchy at best... unless you are very experienced in paintball.

You also gets referees on the feild, which in my opinion are very valuable, and well worth the money to walk on a feild and play. I love refs.

I pesonally never play "outlaw" paintball. Way too much cheating. No chrono, meaning the paintballs could potentially bust through a lens if the markers are set too high. Yadda yadda. I strongly dislike "outlaw", and if you are playing with other newbs... so will you.

nate2k191
03-11-2006, 08:36 PM
heres what you do- you get your friends and you go to a field with them, if you have around 5 people you can play with them in a 5v5. or you can be on a team with them in the woods and go flank the left side as a squad or something, or play against them if you really want. playing at a field is tons fun your first few times. You are going to get hit by paintballs - but you get used to it, i like getting hit actually, as long as the marker is shooting under 300fps (feet per second). no matter how good you or your friends are, you should all have a fun experience with lots of stories to tell, like how you went behind some bushes and came out behind the other team and got 3 of them... or took out 3 of the 5 guys on the other team.

paintballs aren't always that accurate, you're not gonna hit the target every time even with excelent aim. just go play and then come back on the forums and let us know how it went. you need experience

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 09:20 PM
Do they give you like body armour or like mask. Also, how much is it to rent and etc (estimation?) I have a feeling i'm going to turn around and shoot a ref. Also, how come most mask only protect your face. Is there a certain distance to shoot someone? I think i'm going to gather all my friends who airsoft and get them to go with me. I'm guessing 300fps and under does not hurt after you get hit quite a lot. I think 250fps hurts like hell from lik 50ft away and thats with an airsoft gun. Are all paintball games based on capture the flag? Where can you buy co2?

MoeMag
03-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Ion internals are metal and need to be lubed just the same.

I know. I was just poking fun at ions. :D

Don’t get me wrong I think they are great guns; in fact I was one of the first people to see one when they first came out. I was really impressed with it, but I never like having what everyone else has. Thus I keep my Automags.

Sorry for getting off topic.

To rent masks at my fields usually runs 5 bucks. They usually cover the face and the ears; anything else on the head is skull and hair so it doesn’t hurt too badly.

In certain games namely speedball, there is no limit as to how close you can shoot someone. I have been hit as little as 3 ft away by other players (I got bunkered). However in woods ball, people will usually surrender at close range.

There are many different variations of how to play paintball. Capture the flag is only one of them, the most popular seems to be "last man standing."

Oh also I play really rough. At the end of the day I am usually covered in welts and am scratched up and bloody. Paintball is a harsh sport but its all in good fun.

CO2.
After you get your tank, you can usually get it refilled at your local paintball shop, many sporting goods stores, and welding supply stores.

If you play at an established field, usually co2 fills are included in the price of admission for the day.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 10:33 PM
What kind of paintball games where there is a specific range were you can shoot someone. I dont want to play for the first time and get shot at point blank. They would make me cry :( And Never play again. Does anyone wear like armour or like knee/elbow pads?

famousgamer
03-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Yeah dude.

Elbow pads - 20 bucks
Knee pads - 20 bucks
Neoprene neck protector - 10 bucks
Mask - 40 bucks
Gloves - 20 bucks

You see what I mean. I aint a cheap sport. The only thing you NEED is the mask, but I never play without knee, elbow, neck and hand protection.

I'll Shoot You
03-11-2006, 10:44 PM
Its not expensive nor cheap. The only thing i see that is expensive is upgrades and the like $500-$1500 guns. Safety is my first prority. I think i'm going to get my cousins/their friends/and my friends to go paintballing with me.

nate2k191
03-12-2006, 12:46 AM
i wouldn't recommend playing "Speedball" your first time. That is a quick game with generally more skilled players; its also where you can get shot from 3 feet away. Generally in "woodsball" you surrender at close range, and close encounters are semi-rare. I used to only wear a mask, but i got knee pads to protect me knees as well.

all the little things like pads/pods add up to more than you'd think.

also some advice, beginners often dont move enough. if you plan on winning a game, plan on moving up. you wont accomplish anything staying in the very back bunker (unless you are laying down cover-fire or something). you need to get angles/positions to see/hit your opponent well.

I'll Shoot You
03-12-2006, 09:02 AM
Oh, i'll be running alright, i'll be running for my life!!! Or just sit around in one area. What if someone comes from behind and is 3 ft away and you dont know do they shoot you or do they say surrounder?
So specifically where can i get co2.

nate2k191
03-12-2006, 10:13 AM
if someone comes 3 feet behind you they should surrender you - the refs will tell people the rules beforehand, but its possible to get shot within 3 feet, it wont be that bad, jus some blood at most and possibly a scar.

its been said that you get co2 at your local paintball store/field. go on google and search for local results or use a phonebook (they are paper things with phone numbers in them)

I'll Shoot You
03-12-2006, 11:38 AM
okay, we'll wait til its a foggy 50 degrees day to paintball since we'll be wearing a lot of things that will make us hot and it will be foggy so hopefully no1 sees me but i see them! Thank You all the other forums told me to use the forum search and said it was a stupid question.

Pyroboy597
03-12-2006, 12:20 PM
This may have been answered already, but no CO2 tanks do not come filled. You need to take them to a field or a store and have them filled there. Dicks does it, as do the paintball stores near your house.

ebmoney08
03-12-2006, 02:43 PM
paintballs- expensive $30-75 per case of 2000. they are messy too, they leave stains and... paint everywhere. cannot re-use unless you buy reballs (rubber paintballs)

FYI...paintballs are washable.

I'll Shoot You
03-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Good, cause if i play in my backyard and the paint stays on the fence forever, i'm dead lmao.

REDRT
03-12-2006, 03:35 PM
This may have been answered already, but no CO2 tanks do not come filled. You need to take them to a field or a store and have them filled there. Dicks does it, as do the paintball stores near your house.
Not entirely so. FYI: Walmart sells prefilled tanks, but they can't be refilled and for the cost are not practical.

MoeMag
03-12-2006, 08:33 PM
Hey if you really have your heart set on reusable paintballs talk to this guy.

Linkey
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2108674#post2108674

He has been around for a while, I would trust him.

I'll Shoot You
03-12-2006, 08:59 PM
I'm getting both "pratice" paintballs and reballs after i go paintballing a couple of times.

Cow hunter
03-12-2006, 09:28 PM
Does anyone here recommend the Kingman Spyder? I
general idea around here is you post here, you either own/have owned/plan to own a mag
or you're here for the B/S/T......
but seriously, spyders are cheap, generally fine on reliabil;ity, and most importantly, they're super simple to fix for most people.

What kind of paintball games where there is a specific range were you can shoot someone. I dont want to play for the first time and get shot at point blank. They would make me cry And Never play again. Does anyone wear like armour or like knee/elbow pads?
pansies wear armor :p but many people wear elbow/knee pads for sliding, crawling, ect. bunkering is generally not THAT bad, ad the pain goes away after a couple minuites.
upon request im sure the other people playing will agree to a no bunkering type of rule, dont worry

I rather not play at paintball fields with people who i dont know and get pwn. I rather play with people i know and pwn. Lets just say i'm the most accurate shooter out of all my friends in airsoft. I'm only one that can run and shoot a soda can that is raised a foot off the ground from 30ft away using one hand and hit it.

this is not airsoft, and is hardly like it. accuracy is generally the same among paintball guns. do not believe the hype on barrels, its all about bore, find the right paint and even the cheapest barrel will work dead accurate.

I'll Shoot You
03-12-2006, 10:05 PM
Do spyder require a lot of maintain like oiling the o ring (i've been searching around about paintball). Is bunkering like when you hide or inside a bunker and snipe basically?

Cow hunter
03-12-2006, 10:16 PM
Do spyder require a lot of maintain like oiling the o ring (i've been searching around about paintball). Is bunkering like when you hide or inside a bunker and snipe basically?
spyders, lil oil before you air up and you should be fine, and avoid freezing temps, things shrink in freezing temps causing leaks.

bunkering is when you are behind a bunker, and another person runs behind/beside your bunker and shoots you, generally at close range (15-25 feet)

ZEROte
03-12-2006, 10:23 PM
15-25 feet is not close range. ive put my barrel into peoples stomachs before and shot them out. spyders are not as good as they used to be. they now have 50 thousand editions come out. i remember when the best spyder you could get was a shutter or an em1.

nate2k191
03-13-2006, 12:55 AM
o yea... check this bad boy out-

http://students.its.txstate.edu/~kp1143/IMG_2595.jpg

it used to be top of the line... well it also used to have a matching expansion chamber and hard line hose... thats also when bush-masters and angels were basically the only electronic markers too

dont be afraid to take apart a paintball marker- i've taken apart a few airsoft guns and those things usually just pop into 30 pieces when you open them - no fun.

spyders like this have 2 chunks of metal that slide inside the horizontal tubes, you just need a hex-wrench to open it up. theres some orings in there too... no big deal. you can also find blown up diagrams of markers on most manufacturer's websites ( ex. airgun.com (http://www.airgun.com) - highly recommend browsing it for a while.)

REDRT
03-13-2006, 01:12 AM
o yea... check this bad boy out-

http://students.its.txstate.edu/~kp1143/IMG_2595.jpg

it used to be top of the line... well it also used to have a matching expansion chamber and hard line hose... thats also when bush-masters and angels were basically the only electronic markers too

dont be afraid to take apart a paintball marker- i've taken apart an airsoft gun and those things usually just pop into 30 pieces when you open them.

spyders like this have 2 chunks of metal that slide inside the horizontal tubes, you just need a hex-wrench to open it up. theres some orings in there too... no big deal. you can also find blown up diagrams of markers on most manufacturer's websites ( ex. airgun.com - highly recommend browsing it for a while.)

:rofl: :rofl: I had one of them to for my very first marker. I loved the green anodizing. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but at that time it was the best spyder. How much did you pay for it? I got mine new with a Co2 tank and I believe a non electro hopper for $279 on sale. Later I added the Bob long cyclone bolt, a crossman red dot sight, bought a coiled remote and a slide check that sucked/ w quick connect. Swapped the slide check out with a pro connect soon after. Loooks better with the bottom line and expansion chamber. What a mean tool :rofl: :rofl: Oh how I wanted a minimag. They where over 500 new at the time.

nate2k191
03-13-2006, 01:20 AM
:rofl: :rofl: I had one of them to for my very first marker. I loved the green anodizing. It wasn't the greatest thing in the world, but at that time it was the best spyder. How much did you pay for it? I got mine new with a Co2 tank and I believe a non electro hopper for $279 on sale. Later I added the Bob long cyclone bolt, a crossman red dot sight, bought a coiled remote and a slide check that sucked/ w quick connect. Swapped the slide check out with a pro connect soon after.

haha, it was my friends first marker - the SE "broke" a long time ago, and i said "i'll take it" and i fixed it - he now has a shocker. I had a spyder compact 2000 with about every upgrade... ( the bolt, springs, low pressure reg, shroud, sight rails, laser sight, expansion chamber/bottom line - fun first marker) too bad i lost the pics when my old hard-drive died, it was a sexy spyder. That SE was a beast compared to my regular spyder, it felt a lot more powerful - like a shotgun or something.

REDRT
03-13-2006, 01:37 AM
haha, it was my friends first marker - the SE "broke" a long time ago, and i said "i'll take it" and i fixed it - he now has a shocker. I had a spyder compact 2000 with about every upgrade... ( the bolt, springs, low pressure reg, shroud, sight rails, laser sight, expansion chamber/bottom line - fun first marker) too bad i lost the pics when my old hard-drive died, it was a sexy spyder. That SE was a beast compared to my regular spyder, it felt a lot more powerful - like a shotgun or something.

My brother and I bought identicle ones. He mod'd his alot. Filed down the bolt, shorten the trigger, added trigger stops, milled the body to except a quick a takedown pin, added a switch to depress the sear to slide the bolt in easier. The last mod was kind of neat. If you pressed it during play it would run full auto. Also he added a sweegee holder to the side of the body for added speed of cleaning on the fly. His would always work good. Mine was problematic. The 32* carbon fiber barrel made his a sniper gun. Quiet and accurate. He might still have his. I sold mine to a friend and the grip handle fell apart. Cheaper to buy a new one than fix it. I think he picked up a TL for 30 bucks. This was years ago already. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :cheers:

nate2k191
03-13-2006, 01:50 AM
My brother and I bought identicle ones. He mod'd his alot. Filed down the bolt, shorten the trigger, added trigger stops, milled the body to except a quick a takedown pin, added a switch to depress the sear to slide the bolt in easier. The last mod was kind of neat. If you pressed it during play it would run full auto. Also he added a sweegee holder to the side of the body for added speed of cleaning on the fly. His would always work good. Mine was problematic. The 32* carbon fiber barrel made his a sniper gun. Quiet and accurate. He might still have his. I sold mine to a friend and the grip handle fell apart. Cheaper to buy a new one than fix it. I think he picked up a TL for 30 bucks. This was years ago already. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. :cheers:

sounds like some sweet mods. i moded the trigger springs and added stoppers too, working on markers is as much of a hobby for me as playing with them. fun memmories for me as well.

I'll Shoot You
03-13-2006, 07:08 AM
I like the checkered hand grip, makes it look like a 1911 airsoft gun lol. So when i order a spyder, all i need to do is tell my friend to oil it. so does he oil it on the orings or w/e? I'll probably get him an airsoft gun cause i have a feeling hes going to never use it.

ZEROte
03-13-2006, 09:44 AM
i had a spyder compact p. i bought it off a friend for 20 bucks. i then took it and converted it to a spyder tl + the only difference was that i had the m16 grip on mine.

I'll Shoot You
03-13-2006, 03:17 PM
I went around school today talking to all my friends and a lot of them paintball, but only a couple of them actually got serious into it. One of my friends said he had a sponsor, and they paid for his whole set gear+gun and etc. Well, eventually i found one of my friend who had a tippmann 98 custom. He bought it from another friend. He said it broke even though he didnt use it a lot and he went to find out how it broke/etc and they said it was the barrel. When i get mine do i have to change it too?

Pyroboy597
03-13-2006, 03:22 PM
No, if you take good care of a Tippman it will last for years.

I'll Shoot You
03-13-2006, 10:19 PM
You know that place near White Horse Pike right pyroboy? What is the price for everything like the admission, gun, gear, and etc. Also, how come co2 is dangerous? Also, when you paintball where do you put the co2 tank? Do you just leave it hanging?

bleachit
03-13-2006, 10:28 PM
if you DONT take care of a Tippman it will last for years.

fixed that for you.

ZEROte
03-13-2006, 11:43 PM
i think you heard that it broke paint. thats something different than the actual gun breaking.

I'll Shoot You
03-14-2006, 07:06 AM
no he said it broke, and the guy said it was something with his barrel saying he had to change it like 3-4months n my friend barley used it.

Pyroboy597
03-14-2006, 07:20 AM
Barrel being bad and gun being broken are two seperate things. The barrel will work just fine as long as you don't try to clean it with like a brick or sandpaper.

I'll Shoot You
03-14-2006, 03:23 PM
My friend said it was $26 to rent a gun at that place near White Horse Pike. Paintballing isnt expensive actually. The only thing that was expensive for me was buying paintballs, but my friend said he gets about 10,000 for $25-$35 at like sport authority. Do you know how much it is to rent a pistol or like a 98 custom?

Cow hunter
03-14-2006, 03:24 PM
My friend said it was $26 to rent a gun at that place near White Horse Pike. Paintballing isnt expensive actually. The only thing that was expensive for me was buying paintballs, but my friend said he gets about 10,000 for $25-$35 at like sport authority. Do you know how much it is to rent a pistol or like a 98 custom?
even at sports authority, im calling that into question 10,000 for $30??? no way

nate2k191
03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
2,000 at sports authority for 30-35, i've bought their cheapest paint before. I buy the 28.95 bucket at Academy sports - its the cheapest i can find really.

I'll Shoot You
03-14-2006, 05:42 PM
well thats wat i think he said ...

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 05:51 PM
maybe so...
but that is how much it would cost to ship 10,000 paintballs.

hmm. I just looked I have 5 cases of paintballs. I really need to go play. :D

nate2k191
03-14-2006, 05:59 PM
how do you collect 5 cases that are unused?

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 06:06 PM
Every time I play I get a new case, and because of the way I shoot I only go through 1 maybe 2 bags. So the leftovers add up.

I have 3 bags of year and a half old ZAP that is awsome. that stuff is so thick now. :rofl:

I'll Shoot You
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
If i put my paintballs in the freeze and shot it after its frozen will it be reuseable? Also, ifi put it in the freeze n left it outside to melt will it be normal?

jenarelJAM
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM
NOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Don't fall for the freezing paintball thing!!

Freezing paintballs does two things:

#1 it turns your gun into a lethal device (im not joking, its like shooting marbles)
#2 it drastically reduces your accuracy.

Pyroboy597
03-14-2006, 09:54 PM
NEVER EVER EVER DO THAT! YOU WILL KILL WHOEVER OR WHATEVER YOU SHOOT!

Picture shooting a marble at something at 250+mph. I don't care who/what it is, you will feel bad for it afterwards. :ninja:

I'll Shoot You
03-15-2006, 07:09 AM
I was just going to do that to plink indoors and outdoors because it wouldnt make a mess. I know its going to hurt, my friend said it's like shooting a rock.

Pyroboy597
03-15-2006, 07:13 AM
It will also increase the wear and tear on your gun, and my scratch the hell out of the inside of your barrel.

I'll Shoot You
03-15-2006, 03:11 PM
oo but reballs are fine rite?

Pyroboy597
03-15-2006, 03:12 PM
Yes.

I'll Shoot You
03-16-2006, 07:19 PM
I just had one last question. What basically comes with the Tippmann 98 Custom? Also, is the Tippmann 98 just as good as the Tippmann 98 Custom (i dont want to upgrade my gun). What comes with the Tippmann 98?

Pyroboy597
03-16-2006, 07:24 PM
The custom is more upgradeable. The gun will come with ... :tard: a gun, a barrel, a barrel plug, some sort of safety papers and instructions, maybe a hopper but maybe not.

I'll Shoot You
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
What are
# 6+1 Deluxe Paintball Harness
# 6 - 140 Round Heavy Duty Tubes
What are they for and also when you paintball where do you put the co2 tank? Do you just leave it hanging?

geekwarrior
03-16-2006, 07:45 PM
is anybody else a LITTLE worried about this guy getting a paintball gun?

i mean, i welcome new players and dont mind showing them the ropes, i've taken my nephews, cousins, etc out, but something about this guy worries me, that hes going to hurt himself or someone else. i guess its just the fact that it doesnt sound like anyone(responsible) will be around when he tries this out, and he sounds REALLY new at this.

i guess he found the right paintball forum though, so i could be wrong. :)

oh, and the tank screws into the gun, if you get a tippman, it'll probably be right under the grip.
it stays there and acts as a buttstock.
when you unscrew it when your done, beware, it might spray as it releases pressure. unscrew it outside or in a well ventilated area.

be safe!

I'll Shoot You
03-16-2006, 08:14 PM
Well, i asked my friends and they said they just leave it there and i was like what isnt that dangerous and they're like ... blank. I dont trust my friends, they're crazy and they play around too much so thats y when i go paintballing for the first time, i'm only going with the mature kids.

nate2k191
03-17-2006, 12:00 AM
Well, i asked my friends and they said they just leave it there and i was like what isnt that dangerous and they're like ... blank. I dont trust my friends, they're crazy and they play around too much so thats y when i go paintballing for the first time, i'm only going with the mature kids.

lol. good idea...

BTW - 6+1 means a harness that has 6 pod slots (hold extra paintball ammo, like clips) and 1 air-tank slot (holds your co2/hpa tank) you need a remote ( chord that connects the tank to your marker) if you are going to put the tank in the 6+1 harness.

6 heavy tubes store the paintballs that you carry with you in games... in the harness

but really, you could save us countless posts and just go paintballing, you'd learn all this.

I'll Shoot You
03-17-2006, 07:16 AM
Nah i rather post here than go paintballin n look like a dumb***.