PDA

View Full Version : automag leaks

Oddball91
03-10-2006, 06:38 PM
ok i got my automag back and took it out to shoot (leaked and was at shop getting fixed). well it still leaks. but when i pull the trigger in it stops. does anyone know what could be the problem?

Lenny
03-10-2006, 07:24 PM
my friend has 2 automags and they both leak. one has a lvl 7 and the other lvl 10.

the lvl7 leaks out of the . i

Out of the what? And ya, oil througha gas thru should be ok

Oddball91
03-10-2006, 07:26 PM
sry bout that....forgot to finish sentence. it leaks out of the front part of the valve

Oddball91
03-10-2006, 07:28 PM
does anyone know if the automag rt barrel is twistlock or threaded?

Lenny
03-11-2006, 02:25 AM
If it's out of the front of the valve, it could be a couple of things. If it leaks as soon as it's gased up (no pressure on trigger), it could be a wrong sized spacer (for lvl 10), or the o-ring behind the spacer needs replaced.

For the level ten, leaks everywhere? Sounds like wrong spacer, too high velocity, maybe dry/dirty internals. Try first lowering the velocity. If that works, change spacers. A couple shoots of oil couldn't hurt anything, but if it is dirt, you'll have to disassemble the valve a bit to clean off the o-rings.

By the way, you're using HPA, right? Because CO2 freezes the internals, and that could be a possibility.

Lenny
03-11-2006, 02:29 AM
does anyone know if the automag rt barrel is twistlock or threaded?

twistlock

Oddball91
03-11-2006, 08:38 AM
thanks and yes we are using HPA

athomas
03-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Leaking out the front of a level 7 is either a bad powertube oring or a powertube spacer that is too long. If it worked in the past but has started to leak, it could be due to the sear wearing a bit. By putting a shorter powertube spacer in, you can compensate for that.

You can add a couple of drops of oil in the quick disconnect.

The level 10 leaks everywhere? You'll have to define everywhere.

A leak out the back from the small hole in the adjuster indicates an overpressure. This could be due to a bad regulator seat oring, velocity setting too high, or a weak/bad regulator piston assembly. A leak out the back but not from the small hole usually indicates a bad regulator piston oring.

A leak out the bottom into the trigger frame indicates a bad on-off oring problem.

A leak out the front could be either a carrier that is too loose or too many shims in the powertube.

Oddball91
04-07-2006, 05:28 PM
leaks again...see main description

athomas
04-07-2006, 11:49 PM
Did you try to adjust any of the parameters that were previously mentioned? If so, what parameters were adjusted and what were the results?

Oddball91
04-08-2006, 07:38 AM
i didnt touch anything yet. It came back from the shop and i put some air in it and i heard a *hiss*. today im goin to try sojme stuff to fix it.

autoMaGiT0420
04-09-2006, 08:23 AM
ok i got my automag back and took it out to shoot (leaked and was at shop getting fixed). well it still leaks. but when i pull the trigger in it stops. does anyone know what could be the problem?

Just last night i had the same problem, when you take the valve out, pull the bolt off, and there is that gold colored piece, unscrew that and there should be a little o-ring that goes down inside there, and the only reason that i am suggesting this is because last night when i was at the field my marker was leaking and it would only stop when i would hold down the trigger. . . . . . when i took the bolt out the o-ring had come out and was on the rail on the inside of the bolt.

-GOOD LUCK!- :shooting: