PDA

View Full Version : Left handers

RossRobObey
03-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Hi, i am gettin an automag.68 pro classic or a minimag and was wondering as i am left handed wether i could switch the saftey catch round?, because whenever i shoot it puts the saftey on.

Thanks

Caffiend
03-12-2006, 08:57 PM
I'm not sure about switching the safety around, but I bought an intelliframe and the safety was outta the way...hope that helps :)

Cow hunter
03-12-2006, 09:15 PM
i shoot lefty, and i dont see your problem..... unless you're pointing your finger and firing with you middle finger, it shouldnt be such a problem, if however, you are shooting like that, i dont know of anything that can be done... learn a new shooting style i guess :D

JRingold
03-12-2006, 11:16 PM
i shoot lefty, and i dont see your problem..... unless you're pointing your finger and firing with you middle finger, it shouldnt be such a problem, if however, you are shooting like that, i dont know of anything that can be done... learn a new shooting style i guess :D

Perhaps, get an Intelliframe or some other two fingered trigger frame.

Lenny
03-12-2006, 11:45 PM
You're probably shooting with a Benchmark frame, right? Yeah, they had a wierd safety.

If you're looking for a new frame, the AGD frames have a good push safety, and are rather comfy. I just ordered a Logic PB Ultimate Mech Frame (can't wait 'till it gets here) and I believe those take typical AGD safety assemblies, and are UBER comfy.

RossRobObey
03-13-2006, 01:25 PM
You're probably shooting with a Benchmark frame, right? Yeah, they had a wierd safety.

If you're looking for a new frame, the AGD frames have a good push safety, and are rather comfy. I just ordered a Logic PB Ultimate Mech Frame (can't wait 'till it gets here) and I believe those take typical AGD safety assemblies, and are UBER comfy.

i dont know what frmae it has im afriad, im still looking into buying it at the mo. but when i know what frame ill let you guys know to see wether you can help any more. thanks

Lenny
03-15-2006, 11:50 PM
i dont know what frmae it has im afriad, im still looking into buying it at the mo. but when i know what frame ill let you guys know to see wether you can help any more. thanks

The Benchmark frames have a long as hell trigger pull (though pretty smooth), and the safety pulls out for safe off on pushes in for safe on

(]--| Safety off---------On left hand side

(]| Safty on------------^

personman
03-15-2006, 11:55 PM
I dont really think there is a way for you to switch the safety around, but it never bothered me on my mag until I got a benchmark frame (those things' safties are the devil for lefties)
But benchys arent really common so I doubt you'll have a problem.

Lenny
03-16-2006, 12:03 AM
I got to thinking, I have a good condition two finger Benchmark trigger frame WITHOUT the safety assembly (the previous owner was a lefty and removed it). Since I'm right handed, it wouldn't bother me to have a safety. If you'd like, I'll trade you frames; you pay your shipping, I'll pay mine. I'll take some pictures if you're interested. PM me.

EDIT: Just remebered I found a composite single trigger AGD frame with safety assembly, if you're interested for purchase (and purchase only). I'll also take pics of that if you're interested. Shoot me a PM.