PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh... I got the disease!!

deded
12-16-2001, 01:37 AM
Electro-fever

I can't seem to cure it, no matter how hard I try. So I think I am going to get an electro pretty soon.

I was wondering about Bushys. If anyone has one, lmk what you think of it.

Were you able to play up easily? It seems tall, but its hard to tell I guess unless you play with it.

How is the trigger? Is it as mouse clicky as an Angel? Or at least close enough...

I want to get an Emag, and am waiting for one to show up on some board in the 600-650 range... but if that doesn't happen soon, I'll get a used bushy to tide me over.

I have a flatline on the way, so CO2 compatibility doesn't matter.

I mostly just want to know why people like or don't like their bushmaster/or other low end electro.

Thx!

deded
12-16-2001, 03:45 AM
Also... while I'm on the subject.

Is it true that Bushmasters are lighter then Emags and Angels?

I forget where I heard this, but I remember being pretty surprised that something cheaper and bigger could be lighter.

Soooo, LMK what you guys think.

Tunaman
12-16-2001, 06:40 AM
The Emag will blow any Bushy away. Don't waste your time.

MAGS own YOU
12-16-2001, 09:14 AM
I like my defiant with warp and boomstick, its internally the same as a bushy. The stock barrel on a bushy isnt great, I would suggest upgrading that, and I see that you have a flatline so your good to go on consistancy.. My defiant is very pin-point accurate, and its fast. The trigger is a mouse click on mine, and its very small and compact. Ive never shot an e-mag, only seen one that had problems, so I wouldnt know how to compare them. Does an emag have more than 1 mode of firing in electro mode? The ratings for the defiant and bushmaster are all good. Its one of the best, if not the best low end electros.

Shifty Capone
12-16-2001, 01:09 PM
hey ded..........are the same one from pbreview? anyways......i would go with a timmy, defiant, or impy

MagMan5446
12-16-2001, 02:10 PM
If you don't get an E-Mag, get a Bushy. Of course they're lighter than E-Mag's and Angels, those are 2 damn heavy guns! But weight doesn't matter, lift weights if you can't run with a few extra pounds....

Anyway, bushys are one of, if not the, lightest guns you can buy. It has a damn good trigger, you can get vaporized and you can put in a new chip that'll get you shooting 20+bps.

AngelBoy
12-16-2001, 02:20 PM
Bushies are light, accurate, and they feel great to me. I have heard and experianced a lot of problems with them though. Personally I would got with a vision imp.

Restola
12-16-2001, 02:24 PM
take two pills, drink lots of fluid, and try to stay in bed. in a couple days you will feel good and mag-lovin again.

HoppysMag
12-16-2001, 03:18 PM
Ha you think the E-Mags 3.8 pounds is alot. My first semi was a VM68. the thing was like 8 pounds w/o hopper or tank.
(not im not that old i got the thing in like 99-2000, i just really liked the gun. istill do. i Just switched fromt that to my Mag) Im sure some one out there has one or a least held one.

But any way my friend rob has a bushmaster. personaly id go with the emag. but if moneys an issue, the bushys still a good gun.

Cha0tic
12-16-2001, 06:07 PM
emag is close to 10 pounds with a tank and revvy i believe....

HoppysMag
12-16-2001, 06:16 PM
wow my infos way off (but i think my infos gun only) i got it outta the December 2001 Issue of APG in the Big Marker special section... o well thanx for corectin me

FaSSt
12-16-2001, 11:50 PM
I own both an E-Mag and a Bushmaster.

They are both nice guns, but obviously the E-mag is an overall nicer gun.

HOWEVER, there is NO comparison in terms of weight. The Bushmaster is WAY, WAY lighter.

Bushmasters are very simple guns, so maintenance is easy, though not as convenient as a Mag for the most part.

You CAN run a Bushmaster on CO2, but you'll need an anti-siphon tank, an expansion chamber, and a regulator to drop the input pressure to the 300 psi range.

Check out Tank's site for Bushmaster info:
http://www.geocities.com/bushmaster2000_tank/

If you can't afford an E-mag at once, buy a used Bushmaster in good condition, and then sell it when you saved enough to buy an E-Mag. Used ones tend to hold their value fairly well.

deded
12-17-2001, 12:35 AM
Thanks a lot guys!

I'm now in the market for a new bushy... whos got one... I guess this is a thread for the classifieds though.

Thanks again!

ded

PsychoMag
12-17-2001, 11:47 AM
DON'T GET A BUSHY...IF YOU WANT A LOW END ELECTRO< GO WITH A IMP!!!MUCH BETTER QUALITY...IF YOU HAVE A FEW EXTRA BUCKS TRY A DEMONIC IMP OR TIMMY...

:)

Gecko
12-17-2001, 12:07 PM
i second the call for an impulse
they run equally well on co2 or nitro
IMHO one of the best regulators on the market is standard (hmmm i still wanna see the RT inline regulator)
Virtually unlimited upgradability
Annodizing is far superior
Very reliable, my friend has had 2 bushmasters both developed the same leak and took 3 trys for ICD to fix them. Friends with impulses have had few problems, most related to balky maxflows. It was amzing seeing the number of teams running impulses at the world cup this year....
Gecko

FaSSt
12-17-2001, 04:54 PM
Maintaining a Bushmaster is a no-brainer. If you can't fix a leak on it after messing with it, you should not be playing paintball. It's not much more complicated than a Mag.

Don't take this the wrong way, but who here actually HAS a Bushmaster and thinks negatively of it?

Indian Creek Designs has great service, and a simple, robust marker in the Bushmaster. Quite unlike Smart Parts, you can actually rely on their support.

deded, do yourself a favor, and if you are not going the E-Mag route for a while, at least play a few games with a Bushmaster.