PDA

View Full Version : Why Does AGD suck so bad???

MMaglpc
03-13-2006, 02:03 AM
The company is like completely out of the competitive paintball market. Does AGD even make money off paintball guns?

bleachit
03-13-2006, 02:22 AM
no, they havent made a dollar off a paintball marker since mid 90's... they are making all their money now by selling the soul of everyone here on AO to umm... the Canadians.

Vex
03-13-2006, 02:27 AM
The company is like completely out of the competitive paintball market. Does AGD even make money off paintball guns?
Ah, come on man...why are you even asking this question? Are you looking to be flamed to all hell for bringing up THIS topic?

famousgamer
03-13-2006, 02:38 AM

He clearly wants to be flamed. I will not gratify him personally.

Actually, the only reason he wrote this topic is because AGD rules so much to begin with, and do not continue their superiority year after year.

Good 'ol TK does not get near the respect he deserves in this sport. He did all those other companies a service with his own blood sweat and tears. Now every paintball manufacturer reaps the benifits from his research, innovation and hard work. He is probably bored, and wants to spend his attention on other things for a while. He deserves it, and is not like mags need any current improvements anyways.

Success is not always measured in profits.

An automag is not going to be improved on for the next ten years anyways, just like it has reigned for the last 10. He is probably gonna kick all our azzes when he unveils his next marker. I think there will be a few people eating their words then!

11 Bravo
03-13-2006, 02:40 AM
No, their not making any money :tard: There keeping their doors open from charitable contributions. Everyone here Paypaled them $50.00 last week. Email the office and see where you can send your donation. This will keep them open for another couple of weeks.

REDRT
03-13-2006, 03:37 AM

I'd delete this one bud before things get ugly. Maybe repost it after you rephrase it. A word of advise. ;)

RavishingEddie
03-13-2006, 04:24 AM
Out of competitive paintball?????

And what is competitive paintball to you?? Smart Parts ION? LOL!! I laughed so hard I even farted.
I have many guns and AGD rocks just like autocockers, but I prefer AGD for saving me headaches in maintenance. Next time your brain takes a big dump and you decide to drop it here just remember that it will get thrown back at you for being so ignorant. You ever wonder why some of those brand name guns brake down? Or why a gun like the Ion is is so affordable?
They take short cuts everyway possible. From assembly lines in Beijing to the cheapest aluminum used by Smart Parts. Just the 7000 Aluminum AGD uses will blow them out of the water. Don't mess with AGD.

Target Practice
03-13-2006, 04:46 AM
I'd delete this one bud before things get ugly. Maybe repost it after you rephrase it. A word of advise. ;)

No, to hell with it, let it stay up here.

This is a great thread.

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 07:10 AM
well, this seems to have backfired from him, now its a thread showing the worship of AGD and how noone cares how some lil azz from pbn tried to start a flame war

BigEvil
03-13-2006, 07:53 AM
No, their not making any money :tard: There keeping their doors open from charitable contributions. Everyone here Paypaled them $50.00 last week. Email the office and see where you can send your donation. This will keep them open for another couple of weeks.

$50!!! damn they told me $100. Damn AGD - DAMN THEM and their heavy ball-chopping geriatrically slow guns to HELL!!!!

:shooting: AGD

shartley
03-13-2006, 08:02 AM
AGD is not out of “competitive” paintball. They have just moved to a different venue. I would rather they do okay in scenario/woods/rec-ball than to fall flat trying to sell to the speedball/tournament market which has proven to be less than the best of moves. AGD has always had fantastic markers, I just feel they tried to sell them to the wrong group for far too long. Hopefully they made the switch soon enough… only time will tell.

GRiFF
03-13-2006, 08:19 AM
YIPPY!! i LIKE AUTOMAGS!!! they are fun to play with. !! WOO HOO!! :clap:

M98Punk
03-13-2006, 09:30 AM
Seeing how I have a paper due at 5pm today I have the time to check out all his older postings and well MMaglpc is a very special individual, and between asking why every single peice of AGD equipment he has won't work to telling people to sell a tac-one for a Ion cause the Tac isn't fast enough he really shines throu as tool of the month. The most amusing may have been when he asked for help because he couldn't get his hyperframe to work and posted his hypermag f/s at pretty much the same time.

UltraMag527
03-13-2006, 10:12 AM
My agd markers are reliable. Its a nice feeling that I can blow the dust off and have them perform perfectly. That is why I stand by AGD.

onedude36
03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
tournament paintball = small pie
Scenario = xl pie

Which one do you want? Guys in scenario actually pay for thier guns, tourney players prefer(and sometimes expect) sponsorship and free guns/stuff.

With that said, i like playing tournament paintball more, but the market is smaller and Tk's decision is wise.

RoamingStorm
03-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Isnt trolling a violation the registration contract? he should be banned

shartley
03-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Isnt trolling a violation the registration contract? he should be banned
Why? If you read his actual post it is not an unreasonable question. The title of the thread however is a bit much.

But the same things he said in his opening post; and the question he asked; have been said and asked by MANY AO members and even diehard AGD fans over the years, and more so lately. So while his thread title may be a bit inappropriate, I don’t think it deserves a Ban.

MMaglpc
03-13-2006, 12:22 PM
Guys i like mags, dont get me wrong. I was just simply askig like how come whenever i go into a store there is a always a massive wall of other markers and like a lone minimag off in the corner that no one ever sees. I mean AGD guns are very good, but it seems to me that they have like dropped out of the paintball business. I also heard AGD makes a lot of money from other non paintball enterprises. I heard they work with the military a lot.

Jackel411
03-13-2006, 12:59 PM
Simple there is more money to be made by NOT supporting Tourny players

Do the math.. At one point in 2k3 I figured out the EXACT numbers of players in tourny ball vs Rec ball... Rec ball being woods , recreational speed ballers and scenario ballers combined..

If any one has recent numbers it isnt hard... Total number of paintballers in US - Teams rosters in PSP( all divisions ) and team rosters in NPPL ( all divisions ) combined. Gives you how may paintballers play other than major tourny series...

After some more math I came up with like 5 percent of the whole for 2k3 play tourny ball...

No isnt pathetic that the industry is geared mostly for that 5%. Id say ALOT no wait.. MOST of the kids that follow the path of these paint slinging monkeys will never even set foot on a NPPL/PSP field.

And ready for the ironey...

I hate tourny ball put play in both series... WOOT!

UltraMag527
03-13-2006, 01:43 PM
You have your pro players and rec players in any sport. I would think the money is in the long term because there are more rec players. What is the longevity of the pro player? How many pro's goes back to rec once there time is over? I followed the game for a long time. I remember when Chris Lasoya played at Hot Persuit. I commend him for making a career out of it, but does he enjoy the game? AGD for me has made a long lasting product.

latches109
03-13-2006, 01:56 PM
This may have been more funny, had you spelled it correctly. But it wasn't, and you didn't....Army

Ace12GA
03-13-2006, 02:50 PM
no, they havent made a dollar off a paintball marker since mid 90's... they are making all their money now by selling the soul of everyone here on AO to umm... the Canadians.

Muhahaha. More souls, we need more souls. Souls to power our super lasers, to take over the world!!! Canadian world dominance forever!

Arstron
03-13-2006, 03:27 PM
I wonder how stupid his first 69 posts were :tard:

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1995921

My field uses emags as their rental guns. They buy them wholesale for 99$. Tippmann 98's cost more. It sucks that mags have no value anymore.

What do u guys think?

:tard: :cheers:

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 03:45 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1995921

quite possibly the star find of the week, good job :clap:

SCpoloRicker
03-13-2006, 03:51 PM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/4792/slide12gu.jpg

REDRT
03-13-2006, 03:59 PM
Originally Posted by MMaglpc
My field uses emags as their rental guns. They buy them wholesale for 99$. Tippmann 98's cost more. It sucks that mags have no value anymore.

What do u guys think?

:tard: :cheers:

I remember reading that one. Laughed my head off. I didn't even reply to that one, because it was too :tard: .

Brian Terry AGD
03-13-2006, 04:54 PM
just to cut this off be4 it gets out of hand ,AGD is doing just fine,we are hitting the rec ball seen hard,there is way more money in rec ball then in the tourney seen,plus the marine corps and navy has order the pro classic in a large number for training ,as most of you know tippmann makes its money from the rec ball seen and they have been around for ever as well.plus you never know there may be a new gun in the works and there may not be.but you never know lol ...so just keep buying markers from agd ,we can make more..

RoamingStorm
03-13-2006, 04:56 PM
as much as I love agd guns, I wish there were more models, only one thing on my gun currently is agd (x valve) I wish I had more options *hint-hint*

robnix
03-13-2006, 05:05 PM
just to cut this off be4 it gets out of hand ,AGD is doing just fine,we are hitting the rec ball seen hard,there is way more money in rec ball then in the tourney seen,plus the marine corps and navy has order the pro classic in a large number for training ,as most of you know tippmann makes its money from the rec ball seen and they have been around for ever as well.plus you never know there may be a new gun in the works and there may not be.but you never know lol ...so just keep buying markers from agd ,we can make more..

AGD markers are the Mercedes of paintball. Built solidly from the inside out, understated in looks, and run forever as long as you check the oil every now and then. :D

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 05:56 PM
AGD markers are the Mercedes of paintball. Built solidly from the inside out, understated in looks, and run forever as long as you check the oil every now and then. :D
have you owned a mercedes reecently? the reliability has gone to hell, but they are nice cars

punkncat
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
Just to cut this off before it gets out of hand, AGD is doing just fine. We are hitting the rec ball scene hard! There is way more money in rec ball than in the tourney scene. As most of you know Tippmann makes its money from the rec ball scene and they have been around for ever as well.
The Marine Corps and Navy have ordered the Pro Classic in a large numbers for training..plus you never know, there may be a new gun in the works...and there may not be, but you never know lol ...so just keep buying markers from AGD ,we can make more.

Corrected for smoother conveyance.

robnix
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
have you owned a mercedes reecently? the reliability has gone to hell, but they are nice cars

There's always a doubter. :-)

AJInABox09
03-13-2006, 06:59 PM
I didn't read all the posts because I was too lazy so this might have been said, but aren't they making money from www.themagsmith.com ?

grEnAlEins
03-13-2006, 07:04 PM
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/2590/deargod4bp.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/5366/missedthepoint0yf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Jrhan762
03-13-2006, 07:12 PM

I, for one, welcome our new canadian overlords. Maybe I'll finally be papertrained so my current master, paintball, will stop beating me with a rolled-up magazine every time I clip a steamer on the new carpet.

peewee
03-13-2006, 07:36 PM
I help keep the doors open by sending post-it notes & paperclips!!!! :bounce:

JRingold
03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
Did I miss something? I bought three Mags last year... So what now?

Glickman
03-13-2006, 08:01 PM
dont you know?

every time someone makes a "Why does AGD suck so bad??" thread their sales increase by 20%!

ebmoney08
03-13-2006, 08:46 PM
MMaglpc... you are so amazingly stupid!!!
1.) YOU are on the AUTOMAG forums/site!!!
2.)You are bashing the company this website is based around!!! You know you are going to get bashed...
3.) WHY?
4.) Show me an early 90s style gun that you can buy stock and upgrade until it is as fast as your brand new autococker that you just bought.
:mad:
Now you can cry.

Jrhan762
03-13-2006, 08:57 PM
I help keep the doors open by sending post-it notes & paperclips!!!! :bounce:

Dang! I was gonna send paper clips....Does Tom need any rubber bands?

ebmoney08
03-13-2006, 10:25 PM
Why do all you people that think that AGD sucks have accounts on here..if you dont like AGD you can leave!!! .....

Since you are new here, this will be just a warning....your ONLY warning...do not circumvent the cuss filters with symbols or deliberate misspellings. That behavior WILL earn you a small vacation from AO. Army

grEnAlEins
03-13-2006, 10:35 PM
hey ebmoney, calm down before you grow hemeroids! :p
MMaglpc, maybe research, or God forbid think, before you post this trash. This is not PBN (I am proud to say :D ).

nate2k191
03-14-2006, 01:04 AM
AGD till i die.

dahoeb
03-14-2006, 01:31 AM
sigh....
i'm debating whether i should even grace this particular thread with a response, but i just can't resist!
back on topic though....like the fella from agd said, i'm sure agd is doing fine. just enjoy the product they put out and let agd do all the worrying when it comes to business matters.

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 02:24 AM
Automotive companies always are trying to come up with new gimmicks to try and sell this year’s model like having a radio, 8-track, tape deck, CD, satellite, navigation systems, heated seats, and flip down TV’s!?

Well AGD doesn’t have gimmicks. They have good engines, good quality, and they start every time. They are truly great where it counts.

Automags will still be on the field long after DM10’s will be gracing the Budweiser label in their second life.

AGD does not suck. They are just not new and shiny anymore.

LONG LIVE AGD :hail:

\/ \/ \/ :rofl: The bob's!

Recon by Fire
03-14-2006, 02:37 AM

http://www.jazz.nildram.co.uk/Pics/Are.you.that.stupid%5b1%5d.jpg

MMaglpc
03-14-2006, 02:46 AM
u guys really take this stuff seriously, i was just trying to see if there was any life left in AGD fans, apparently from all the feedback i can see that people still buy AGD stuff. As for all the insults directed at me, u guys can off urself! However, being that all of you guys are stuck in the mid 90s when AGD ruled, you guys need to wake up and realize that the war with WGP is over. Autococker won. Mags are still better, but i never see mags at my field,and i always see cockers. Recon by Fire, when was the last time u saw a Mag used at a NPPL or PSP event.

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 02:47 AM
This guy just wants to start something.

pachytriton
03-14-2006, 02:52 AM
u guys really take this stuff seriously, i was just trying to see if there was any life left in AGD fans, apparently from all the feedback i can see that people still buy AGD stuff. As for all the insults directed at me, u guys can off urself! However, being that all of you guys are stuck in the mid 90s when AGD ruled, you guys need to wake up and realize that the war with WGP is over. Autococker won. Mags are still better, but i never see mags at my field,and i always see cockers. Recon by Fire, when was the last time u saw a Mag used at a NPPL or PSP event.

this needs to be said again

http://www.jazz.nildram.co.uk/Pics/Are.you.that.stupid%5b1%5d.jpg

MMaglpc
03-14-2006, 02:59 AM
blow me patchy!

Recon by Fire
03-14-2006, 03:06 AM
Your just trolling...who cares if PSP or anything else features Mags!? They are awesome markers, hands down. You keep your Ion or marker de jour, I will stick with my quality AGD markers.

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8920/owlchew5xc.jpg

REDRT
03-14-2006, 03:10 AM
u guys really take this stuff seriously, i was just trying to see if there was any life left in AGD fans, apparently from all the feedback i can see that people still buy AGD stuff. As for all the insults directed at me, u guys can off urself! However, being that all of you guys are stuck in the mid 90s when AGD ruled, you guys need to wake up and realize that the war with WGP is over. Autococker won. Mags are still better, but i never see mags at my field,and i always see cockers.

Like the Hatfields and McCoys the fued will never be over! BAHAHAHAHAA!

http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/8920/owlchew5xc.jpg
I love this one :rofl:

Lohman446
03-14-2006, 08:17 AM
Hi. I'm new here. AGD has been in business since before I was born. They have had millions of dollars in revenue. There research and design helped shape an entire industry. They have been successful despite heavy competition and the failure of other companies. They have redeveloped a business plan to focus on a larger portion of the market place less prone to political fighting amongst companies that also run leagues. They have avoided numerous possible legal challenges.

Why am I so stupid to say they suck?

/ :rolleyes:
// Please can we have an IQ test, or just ban the obviously stupid people.

BigEvil
03-14-2006, 08:56 AM
Hi. I'm new here. AGD has been in business since before I was born. They have had millions of dollars in revenue. There research and design helped shape an entire industry. They have been successful despite heavy competition and the failure of other companies. They have redeveloped a business plan to focus on a larger portion of the market place less prone to political fighting amongst companies that also run leagues. They have avoided numerous possible legal challenges.

/ :rolleyes:

^
^^
^^^
^
^

I make that my second nomination for post of the year.

REDRT
03-14-2006, 12:12 PM
I, for one, welcome our new canadian overlords. Maybe I'll finally be papertrained so my current master, paintball, will stop beating me with a rolled-up magazine every time I clip a steamer on the new carpet.

As long as the overlords bring the beer we're fine. Canadians this week? Bring plenty of Molson! Ice if you got it. :cheers:

Dryden
03-14-2006, 12:54 PM

Useful posts now = 6. :)

latches109
03-14-2006, 05:39 PM
This may have been more funny, had you spelled it correctly. But it wasn't, and you didn't....Army

Heeeeeeyyyyyy, That was the point^^^ I took that directly from pbn. The pic was funny, and having it spelled your instead of you're is funny too.

Jrhan762
03-14-2006, 06:09 PM
So what if AGD is out of the competitive market? One day, Dye, Smart Parts, and WDP will own EVERYONE PLAYING COMPETITION PAINTBALL. People will buy their guns new and then get bent over because they're so common they have no resale value. Small companies that try to stay in the competition market will go under, unable to transition their expensive guns to the rec ball market. People will be sued. Businesses, homes, and lives will be destroyed by the quest for the almighty dollar. Worshipers of Ollie Lang will realize he is a false God when he retires becuase Dye made him rich and their perception of reality will be so horribly shaken that they will take their own lives in strange rituals on the steps of Dye's new corporate office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Smart Parts and WDP's epic struggle will result in a strange atomic explosion leading to the British Isles to be forever thrown into the sea...

...all this, and X-mags will still be faster than whatever the big 3 can produce.

...I can live with that.

p8ntball72
03-14-2006, 06:15 PM

I'm sure Tom loves these Threads.

http://img488.imageshack.us/img488/1883/rlytom3zx.jpg

:ninja:

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 06:16 PM
You obviously haven’t seen these if you think AGD sucks…

http://webpages.charter.net/littlehosc/Paintball/Marker/Mags/X-Mag.jpg

They are $1600 each. I would take that over a DM6 any day.

robnix
03-14-2006, 06:22 PM

My reaction to that picture is simply NSFW.

REDRT
03-14-2006, 06:35 PM

:spit_take :rofl: :rofl: :clap: :hail:

That has to be the absolute best! AO-RLY?!! Laughing so hard I almost fell out of my chair!!!

REDRT
03-14-2006, 06:39 PM

Where do I contact these people? PM me. They match my emag. :wow: That would be nice to own!

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 06:54 PM
Where do I contact these people? PM me. They match my emag. :wow: That would be nice to own!
PM sent.

JRingold
03-14-2006, 07:10 PM
dont you know?

every time someone makes a "Why does AGD suck so bad??" thread their sales increase by 20%!

Is that it?? It's a marketing ploy to get me to buy another X-Mag? Or maybe that E-Tac that Ive been eyeing...

Is that $1600CDN or $1600USD? I'm looking for another, if it's not used...

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 07:15 PM
If it was $1600can I would buy 2 LOL!

American. The fellas are out of South Carolina. They are NIB! :wow:

JRingold
03-14-2006, 07:23 PM
Hmm, that's a little steep. I think I paid 1600CAD for my green to black last year.

Why am I still thinking about it.

SCpoloRicker
03-14-2006, 09:13 PM

Well, someone has won the internet for the day. :)

/coulda cropped the bars ;)

p8ntball72
03-14-2006, 09:18 PM
Well, someone has won the internet for the day. :)

/coulda cropped the bars ;)

/in a hurry
//I Have more
/// If I win 2 days in a row I get free AO stuff

Teamslayer76
03-14-2006, 09:32 PM

Thanks for the resassurance. I always thought AGD had a deal with the armned forces!
Also, I know the rec-ball area is going good, there is this team down here that orderd a boat load of Tac-1s. Then a bunch of other people get em, word of mouth, you know the deal..

BTW The team was Florida Galdiators or something to that effect.

I also noticed the thing about the stuipd people being banned. Forget that lets all do this...

The prolbem is stupidity, we shouldn't have a punishment for it, or anything like that.
Just start to take the labels of things, and let the problem solve itself. ;)

Jdogg
03-15-2006, 02:18 AM

you have to be fn stupid, AGD is and has had a massive effect on the industry EVERYBODY who plays will at some point use one of toms concepts, and with all there contract they asr live and well.... you dont see any adds because they sell them self
Proven fact that the Mag is the fastest marker.... if you want to be stupid do it on your own time

LONEWOLFOO1
03-15-2006, 06:22 PM

Really i bought the tac one and ask for a warp tac frame and we didn't get anything i find this funny you answered this post but this one where there was a overwheling responce with designs of a new gun set up

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189708

you guys say you do rec ball so where the products at? you expect spec ops to make them for you? ok you are into rec ball now hard so is jt, tippmann, smart parts, you are going to lose in that market as well. step your game up.

it makes me sad where i have seen where agd is at i never care for the tourney seen but more into woodsball rec ball but now the big tourney companys are getting into the game and agd has made no steps in accs. for the tac one i have to go to specops to get parts. that is sad.:cry:

where is my warp tac frame where the rails can be really put to use. where your version of a sniper setup where is your version of a m4,mp5,g36,famas ,p90 you have the most simple valve to make these guns a reality but you don't do it. thats is why tippmann with there a5 and smart parts with there ion black cell ariakon with there sim4 the sp8 is going to wipe you off from the face of the earth.

NOW YOU CLAIM REC BALL SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT, you guys are not going to be happy until ariakron,armotech,smart parts, get you goverment contracts didn't ariakon was awarded one for there sim4?

sorry for ranting i hate defending you guys at the paintball field. make a p90,m4 dam it you have the valve to make it happen i am tired of seeing sp8's :shooting:

Tunaman
03-15-2006, 06:56 PM
Warp Tac One Bodies on the way. DOH!!!!!

SCpoloRicker
03-15-2006, 07:12 PM

___
{o,o}
|)__)
-"-"-
O RLY?

/that would be a potentially good idea

m-a-r-k-7
03-15-2006, 07:51 PM

Bwhahahahaha Holy Crap, that is the funniest thing I've seen all week! I'm crying I laughed to hard. :cry:

But yeah, now on topic, I love AGD, and the automags. They are a very smart company doing wha they are doing now, and I can't wait to see where the future takes them.

LONEWOLFOO1
03-15-2006, 08:05 PM

really? you have a date this is after i buy a warp feed system, longbow kit? q bow finally after 3 years now i get a answer? maybe i should rant more often but then again i believe when i see it. I remember tom at one point say he was going to make them.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131303

straight from the owner at that time. yes he was in charge at that time

We geared up a new supplier for the slug bodies and the Tac body was their first project. Once they get rolling we will have them make warp bodies.

AGD

now why should i believe you if tom didn't come thru for the people.

Tunaman

http://i2.tinypic.com/rit5zn.jpg

Tao
03-15-2006, 08:12 PM

NICE!!!! When do we get em???? :P

Lohman446
03-15-2006, 08:18 PM
Really i bought the tac one and ask for a warp tac frame and we didn't get anything i find this funny you answered this post but this one where there was a overwheling responce with designs of a new gun set up

you guys say you do rec ball so where the products at? you expect spec ops to make them for you? ok you are into rec ball now hard so is jt, tippmann, smart parts, you are going to lose in that market as well. step your game up.

it makes me sad where i have seen where agd is at i never care for the tourney seen but more into woodsball rec ball but now the big tourney companys are getting into the game and agd has made no steps in accs. for the tac one i have to go to specops to get parts. that is sad.:cry:

where is my warp tac frame where the rails can be really put to use. where your version of a sniper setup where is your version of a m4,mp5,g36,famas ,p90 you have the most simple valve to make these guns a reality but you don't do it. thats is why tippmann with there a5 and smart parts with there ion black cell ariakon with there sim4 the sp8 is going to wipe you off from the face of the earth.

NOW YOU CLAIM REC BALL SO WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO ABOUT IT, you guys are not going to be happy until ariakron,armotech,smart parts, get you goverment contracts didn't ariakon was awarded one for there sim4?

sorry for ranting i hate defending you guys at the paintball field. make a p90,m4 dam it you have the valve to make it happen i am tired of seeing sp8's :shooting:

Hmm.. didn't think I would be able to recycle this post as much as I am going to get to

/

AGD-OfficeGal
03-16-2006, 05:43 PM
I just ran out of paper clips and post-it notes ...

Marcia
AGD-USA

REDRT
03-16-2006, 06:05 PM

Marcia
AGD-USA

:eek: AGD is trouble! Some one get the lady her paper clips and post it notes before it is too late... NOW!! :spit_take

grEnAlEins
03-16-2006, 07:00 PM
:eek: AGD is trouble! Some one get the lady her paper clips and post it notes before it is too late... NOW!! :spit_take
Im on it RED, ("Green Aliens powers ACTIVATE!") AGD is saved in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1; BACK IN BUSINESS!

DarkMag722
03-16-2006, 07:23 PM
Ok AGD is not making money true. But its because they are a very old company and kind of like the underground of paintball. Second they are most defidently able to compete with other guns. They are accurate, small and able to shoot fast if ur not a wimpy kid that cant pull a trigger that ways under .5 lbs. Go play with ur girly POS Angel cause thats probably what ur working with. And whoever said AGD sells only to Canadians. U must be smacked by ur daddy later for saying something like that. Most people are from the US.

Lohman446
03-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Ok AGD is not making money true. .

You state that as fact. To my knowledge AGD is not a publically traded company so I doubt you have seen a sharehold report. TK let you in on the financials and let you see the various balance and other financial sheets? Or this just a random guess stated as fact?

DarkMag722
03-16-2006, 07:36 PM
You state that as fact. To my knowledge AGD is not a publically traded company so I doubt you have seen a sharehold report. TK let you in on the financials and let you see the various balance and other financial sheets? Or this just a random guess stated as fact?
Thats what it looks like because they havent introduced any new products lately. No no gun models, no new triggers. It makes them look like that. Im sorry I havent researched them to see how much money they make. And how do u know they're rich. Or not poor because ur saying it like that. Last just so u no i was agreeing on someone else's statement.

bleachit
03-16-2006, 07:41 PM
And whoever said AGD sells only to Canadians. U must be smacked by ur daddy later for saying something like that. Most people are from the US.

if you were referring to my post, then you need to learn to read.

PBCapo
03-16-2006, 08:14 PM

Just a side-note..are you any good at your job of "maintence"?

Lohman446
03-16-2006, 08:51 PM
Thats what it looks like because they havent introduced any new products lately. No no gun models, no new triggers. It makes them look like that. Im sorry I havent researched them to see how much money they make. And how do u know they're rich. Or not poor because ur saying it like that. Last just so u no i was agreeing on someone else's statement.

Producing a new marker is a large risk in R&D - I mean look at Evil and the difference between the Pimp and the Minion R&D if you don't consider that. AGD is living off designs that the R&D has long since been paid for. They have cut back overhead recently. I expect they are in an acceptable position in regards to risk and return ratio. If they were not, would they continue?

LONEWOLFOO1
03-16-2006, 08:52 PM
ust a side-note..are you any good at your job of "maintence"?

good one :clap: i need to correct that its maintenance or what i prefer "maintenance man"
Here is my job description:

maintenance man

A man who is called upon for simple maintenance issues a woman may have. For example, unclogging her pipes, knocking wood, or laying pipe. The woman is typically a YUPI who is not interested in a relationship, at least not with the man in question. The maintenance man usually does his job in the late evening and leaves when the "job" is complete. Maintenance man services are free of charge.

btw i am very good at my job. :)

Recon by Fire
03-16-2006, 08:52 PM

Marcia
AGD-USA

As well all know and have been told oh so many times, AGD only survives by selling off their remaining stock. As the stockpile of paper clips and post it notes have been exhausted, it is likely that AGD will now be closing their doors. I hear they do this daily at the end of the work day...and then reopen them the next business day :)

Office Gal, Babylon5? You need to move to Battlestar Galactica, that is premo location!

Jrhan762
03-16-2006, 09:06 PM
This thread is awesome to watch! it's a careening snowball growing right before our eyes! One person makes a horribly ignorant statement and soon every subscriber of AO is putting on their "kickin' boot" and getting in line to send their foot the wrong way up his hershey highway! It's like a train wreck; horrible, but you just can't look away...

RavishingEddie
03-17-2006, 01:02 AM
So what if AGD is out of the competitive market? One day, Dye, Smart Parts, and WDP will own EVERYONE PLAYING COMPETITION PAINTBALL. People will buy their guns new and then get bent over because they're so common they have no resale value. Small companies that try to stay in the competition market will go under, unable to transition their expensive guns to the rec ball market. People will be sued. Businesses, homes, and lives will be destroyed by the quest for the almighty dollar. Worshipers of Ollie Lang will realize he is a false God when he retires becuase Dye made him rich and their perception of reality will be so horribly shaken that they will take their own lives in strange rituals on the steps of Dye's new corporate office at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. Smart Parts and WDP's epic struggle will result in a strange atomic explosion leading to the British Isles to be forever thrown into the sea...

...all this, and X-mags will still be faster than whatever the big 3 can produce.

...I can live with that.

Simply awesome post. I love AO and all you guys. This is the best cult I ever joined!

Indignant
03-17-2006, 01:59 AM
hahahahaha.

this thread FTW!

Jrhan762
03-17-2006, 05:17 PM
Simply awesome post. I love AO and all you guys. This is the best cult I ever joined!

"...best cult I ever joined!" Haha. I'm keepin' that one!

Jrhan762
03-17-2006, 05:30 PM
As long as the overlords bring the beer we're fine. Canadians this week? Bring plenty of Molson! Ice if you got it. :cheers:

Canadians without ice? That'll be the day. Isn't half their country a frozen, uninhabitable, pine-tree covered margarita?

SCpoloRicker
03-17-2006, 05:35 PM

Marcia
AGD-USA

*golfclap*

Marcia wins teh intarwebs!1 :)

bleachit
03-17-2006, 10:20 PM
Canadians without ice? That'll be the day. Isn't half their country a frozen, uninhabitable, pine-tree covered margarita?

I think he meant Molson Ice Beer

REDRT
03-17-2006, 10:34 PM

ding,ding,ding we have a winner...

bleachit
03-17-2006, 10:36 PM
what'd I win? what'd I win?

REDRT
03-17-2006, 10:44 PM
what'd I win? what'd I win?

You have won a... :dance: A dancing banana!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: audience claps and chears

:spit_take

cowboy_00
03-17-2006, 10:51 PM
Wow...if this isnt one of the most ADD threads in the world. I love it, AGD doesnt suck i just picked up my 3rd AGD marker and a Warp.

Both are awesome and whoop the hell out of other AGG guns out there...and all i do is play scenario/recball.

Nothing like 30bps at a tree...or better yet an aluminum bunker.

anyway just wanted to mention the slow downfall of this thread from Attempted Flame War to Dancing Bananas. :headbang: :headbang: :shooting: :cry:

:cheers:

bleachit
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Wow...if this isnt one of the most ADD threads in the world. I love it, AGD doesnt suck i just picked up my 3rd AGD marker and a Warp.

Both are awesome and whoop the hell out of other AGG guns out there...and all i do is play scenario/recball.

anyway just wanted to mention the slow downfall of this thread from Attempted Flame War to Dancing Bananas. :headbang: :headbang: :shooting: :cry:

Hey! you need to stay off topic... trying to get back to the topic of the original post, Im pretty
sure, is a bannable offense!

You have won a... :dance: A dancing banana!!!
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: audience claps and chears

I was never a fan of the dancing bannas... I guess its a good thing I bought cookies before I came home from work..

mmmmm cookies

Jrhan762
03-17-2006, 11:48 PM

Haha! I need to drink more.

Jrhan762
03-17-2006, 11:54 PM

Actually, I think the worst thing that can happen is for this thread to get back on topic. I think that hbeyond flaming, simple logic and facts have shown beyond reasonable doubt that AGD doesn't suck. Getting back on topic is a waste of time.

So it's official: This is now the dancing banana thread!

:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Haha, now i'm gonna get flamed. God help me...

LONEWOLFOO1
03-26-2006, 04:07 PM
so tunaman date for the warp feed tac one bodys?

m-a-r-k-7
03-26-2006, 04:56 PM
So it's official: This is now the dancing banana thread!

Haha, now i'm gonna get flamed. God help me...

Banana Fever!

peewee
03-26-2006, 05:42 PM

Marcia
AGD-USA

I'll get right on it. My list is standing at......

Paper clips
Post its
Wide rubber bands ( best for shooting when boored)
A box of envelopes ( for the last paychecks)
book of stamps.
Stack of keebler applications for the elves....

Beemer
03-26-2006, 10:30 PM

Paper clips
Post its
book of stamps.

Posts like this is why I love AO. It :spit_take me ups and keeps me off the meds and out of therapy :ninja: :cheers: :rofl:

http://home.comcast.net/~beemerone/AoIL.gif

Rudz
03-27-2006, 12:23 AM

Marcia
AGD-USA

ok marcia marry me?? lol lol, :rofl: :rofl:

JAKEtheJAB
03-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Wow, there are a lot of hardcore AGD people (I had no idea). When I was really into paintball about 4 years ago, I always wanted an automag after seeing my friend's shoot. Now I am getting back into paintball, because I finished college and my co-workers play. I bought an e-mag and I have not got it to work yet but the people at AO have been really helpfull.

So I would not say AGD sucks because even if the company has died down their fans have not, which testifies to their quality.

Recon by Fire
03-27-2006, 10:36 PM
So I would not say AGD sucks because even if the company has died down their fans have not, which testifies to their quality.

I don't know that I would even say AGD "died down". They have definitely taken a different path than most of the major or high profile manufacturers. But maybe they are ahead of the game in this considering the recent downward trend of the tournament paintball scene. The scenario/woodsball market is supposedly the largest share of the pie and likely more consistant...

I don't care about all the other stuff, I just know what I like...

....dancing bananas! (and AGD too).
:dance: :dance: :dance:

Dancing bananas have been found to have higher potassium levels than normal sedentary or static bananas.

REDRT
03-27-2006, 10:54 PM
The scenario/woodsball market is supposedly the largest share of the pie and likely more consistant...

Just bought a new APG magazine the other day. First time in a very long time. 85% or better was about rec ball/scenario. A large number of ads with some kind of tac marker and or gear. The high end marker ads I had to squint to see. A sign of the times I guess.

Aslan
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
Just bought a new APG magazine the other day. First time in a very long time. 85% or better was about rec ball/scenario. A large number of ads with some kind of tac marker and or gear. The high end marker ads I had to squint to see. A sign of the times I guess.

YES!!! Woodsballers Unite!! Down with shiny guns and goofy jerseys and stickers everywhere!! Down with Agg! Down with inflatable bunkers!! :headbang:

Okay...had to do that. If anybody from pbnation is here...don't flame me...your DM6 is still super agg cool...whether I care or not. :cool:

I reserve the right to remove this post if I win the lottery and thus have enough money to buy high-end markers and enough paint to actually play speedball. :rolleyes: However, if I did win the lottery...I'd probably buy a motorhome and tour scenario games. The bottom line is no matter how much money I have, a 31 year old body tends not to slide well. :rofl:

I just noticed that the "f" in "rofl" stands for "floor"...that's not as dirty of an acronym as I thought previously. Sorry for the random thought. :)

REDRT
04-04-2006, 09:59 PM
YES!!! Woodsballers Unite!! Down with shiny guns and goofy jerseys and stickers everywhere!! Down with Agg! Down with inflatable bunkers!! :headbang:

:argh: Wheres me gold you scurvy land lover? Me mates and I like the shiny guns and everything bling, argh. Your going to need them inflatables when we make you wall the plank!

Aslan
04-06-2006, 02:09 AM
:argh: Wheres me gold you scurvy land lover? Me mates and I like the shiny guns and everything bling, argh. Your going to need them inflatables when we make you wall the plank!

That's because you and your mates are 12...what kinda pirates are 12? Goonie pirates? Peter Pan pirates? I don't need your Godzilla punching bags...wooden bunkers float...and they don't blow away on windy days! :ninja: :cheers: :shooting:

I counter your pirate with a ninja, two drunk guys, and a shooting guy.

REDRT
04-06-2006, 07:47 AM
That's because you and your mates are 12...what kinda pirates are 12? Goonie pirates? Peter Pan pirates? I don't need your Godzilla punching bags...wooden bunkers float...and they don't blow away on windy days! :ninja: :cheers: :shooting:

I counter your pirate with a ninja, two drunk guys, and a shooting guy.

I'm about +20 over your 12 figure. My counter to your ninja two drunk guys and a shooting guy. We have all of thoughs and more.
http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoUSMC.gif

shades
04-06-2006, 11:00 PM
If they are not selling marker anymore where did my Six Mags come from. Thats is spooky.

mobsterboy
04-06-2006, 11:45 PM

Paper clips
Post its
book of stamps.

dont forget the AGD slug bodies :D

NoLifeLeft
04-07-2006, 07:54 AM
As long as the overlords bring the beer we're fine. Canadians this week? Bring plenty of Molson! Ice if you got it.

If the Canadians are supplying, make mine Labatt's. :cheers:

BigEvil
04-07-2006, 09:13 AM
http://www.thesimpsonsquotes.com/images/ralph_nose.gif
The doctor said I wouldn't have so many nose bleeds if I kept my finger outta there.

Aslan
04-07-2006, 10:57 PM
I'm about +20 over your 12 figure. My counter to your ninja two drunk guys and a shooting guy. We have all of thoughs and more.
http://home.comcast.net/~allfor114all/AoUSMC.gif

You're 32 and use the word "bling"? You must be the aggest middle aged guy at the skateboard park! :rofl: :argh:

REDRT
04-07-2006, 11:17 PM
You're 32 and use the word "bling"? You must be the aggest middle aged guy at the skateboard park! :rofl: :argh:

Nope. I tried skateboarding at 20 something. I about killed myself. I'm not a Tony Hawk.

I can infer what (agg) might mean, but what does it mean really? Generation gap somewhat with that phrase/word.

Middle aged? :eek: I still have a full head of hair and all my teeth. I'm golden.

Aslan
04-08-2006, 09:18 AM
Nope. I tried skateboarding at 20 something. I about killed myself. I'm not a Tony Hawk.

I can infer what (agg) might mean, but what does it mean really? Generation gap somewhat with that phrase/word.

Middle aged? :eek: I still have a full head of hair and all my teeth. I'm golden.

I don't know what "Agg" means...it's some word that I guess is paintballer talk for "cool" or something. I am operating with the same generation gap as you. :cool:

Not middle aged at 32? How long you plan on livin? :spit_take

LONEWOLFOO1
04-24-2006, 05:00 PM
really? you have a date this is after i buy a warp feed system, longbow kit? q bow finally after 3 years now i get a answer? maybe i should rant more often but then again i believe when i see it. I remember tom at one point say he was going to make them.

http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=131303

straight from the owner at that time. yes he was in charge at that time

We geared up a new supplier for the slug bodies and the Tac body was their first project. Once they get rolling we will have them make warp bodies.

AGD

now why should i believe you if tom didn't come thru for the people.

http://i2.tinypic.com/rit5zn.jpg

well a couple of weeks has past i just wanted to know if the warp feed bodys are coming out. tunaman rogue