PDA

View Full Version : i have to hit the mag to make it fire?

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 03:55 PM
well, not an all the time problem, but i was wondering if anyone knew why it would do this....

setup
ULE body
X-valve(ULT)
Z grip
macroline
Duckbill ASA
47/300 AL tank/bulldog II

occasionally when i play, the gun will freeze, the trigger goes a tad soft, and to make it fire i have to hit the back of he valve. when i hit it, ill get 3 shots, then i have to hit it again. after 10 minuites of firing like this, it goes away completley. Tank is 3/4 full, no paint breaks in it or anything. i always do a full breakdown, everthing that comes apart does, then it goes back together.

my thoughts are it may be something with the tank, anyone else have an idea?

personman
03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Do you have a rail bushing? Its the little thingy in the back of the gun that connects the grip frame and the rail and the field strip screw goes through it. Looks like this:
http://store.airgun.com/images/product/175.jpg

If you're missing it it can cause some strange problems..

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 07:11 PM
yeah ive got a rail bushing, it fits a bit strangley due to the Z grip, but ive had this problem since i had an intelliframe on it

punkncat
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Have you checked to see if the on/off pin is moving smoothly? I am not at all familiar with the ULE trigger kit, however I had almost exactly the same problem with a Classic valve with a seriously unlubed on/off.

I would also check for blockages in your air lines/fittings. Look for a little piece of teflon tape or something in an air inlet. Might also check your reg and see if its creeping down or something.

Also seems like bolt stick would cause a similar problem.

personman
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Maybe you're short stroking the trigger? Try adding shims to your ULT maybe..

Or maybe its your level 10, next time it happens try sticking your finger in the breech and pushing back on the bolt. If it clicks and the gun fires fine then you might want to add a shim to your LX.

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 07:32 PM
im fairly sure its not the ULT, but thanks for the advice, ill try that

blockage in a macro fitting would pose a consistant problem i would imagine, if i hit it enough times in the back of the valve it starts to work no problem.

the LVL 10 is different on every mag, and mine acts screwey all the time..... i put on a carrier that is tight, like a 1 carrier, and it becomes just right when i fire it...... a little resistance to make it slide over the powertube. but thank you for the advice i will try to manually push it back next time this occurs.

FinchMan
03-13-2006, 07:58 PM
ULE body...

Are you sure the thumbscrew and the screw in the grip frame arn't overly tight, and are equally tight. If one is much tighter than the other it can twist the ULE body causing bolt stick. you may check your screws if the other suggestions dont help.

Little_Ho
03-14-2006, 12:21 AM
I had that same problem once.

I adjusted the ULT Shims and it went away. My Level 10 Bolt did not reset fully. So I had to smack the back of the Valve.

Play with your Shims in the ULT

My opinion

Little_Ho

Cow hunter
03-14-2006, 07:18 AM
I had that same problem once.

I adjusted the ULT Shims and it went away. My Level 10 Bolt did not reset fully. So I had to smack the back of the Valve.

Play with your Shims in the ULT

My opinion

Little_Ho
alright someone who actually had this problem! before i go out to play next time ill add a shim i think....

thanks for the advice everyone!

/oh and the ULE body was a lot looser on the front, tightened it now

Little_Ho
03-14-2006, 08:23 AM
Hey

I think you should tied the Bolts on teh Frame up. Not too much but tie them up even the once in the Back. Maybe a quarter turn with the Allenkey.

But I figured out I had around 4 shims in it and had the Trouble with the back smacking thing.
Then i tooked all of them out and tried to shoot it got worse. So i put more then 4 Shimes in it and got better every time i use more shimes. I ended up with 9 Shimes and i can almost walk the Trigger.

Little_ho

BigEvil
03-14-2006, 08:59 AM
You might want to add a shim or two to the ULT. Also check the orings inside of it to make sure the pin isnt hanging up.

Next time it happens, see if you can push the bolt back to reset it instead of hitting the back of it. Could it be that your lvl10 carrier is too small?

Also check the sear and bolt for wear. And make sure you dont have the frame and field strip screws over-tightened.

Cow hunter
03-14-2006, 03:36 PM
looks to me like no one reads any post but the first..........

ill add more shims to the ULT before i get it out again
LVL 10 is tuned to perfection
very minimal wear (lots of oil)
O-rings are routinley checked

/aired it up, has anyone ever had any oil/oil bubles come out the little hole on top of the valve?