PDA

View Full Version : What is your earliest memory of intense physical pain?

Carbon
03-13-2006, 06:27 PM
I think i was 3 or 4 yrs old, i was in my grandfolk's Rambuta/lychee orchard, waddling around then getting "swarmed" by fire ants. Mind you this was in Indonesia, where the ants were mad-ghetto.

BeaverEater
03-13-2006, 06:31 PM
probably going over my handle bars on my bike when i was like 5, i ripped the skin off most of my stomach.

ojhspyro89
03-13-2006, 06:50 PM
Like 2 years ago, i fell ice skating. I knocked out my front tooth, broke my nose, and knockced open my chin. That was the easy part, the part that hurt was when the doctor shoved my tooth back in, with no numbing stuff....

Im that hardcore.

Lohman446
03-13-2006, 07:18 PM
I can't remember... I know these things hurt, but I don't recall the pain in any real way. When I was like three I took a hard tumble, didn't bother to tell anyone until my mother touched my shoulder and I yelled... turns out I had broke my collarbone. When I was like thirteen or something I was waterskiing, got my arm caught in the rope in heavy waves, and dislocated my elbow. I remember swimming to the boat hurt like mad but I can't recall pain... hmm odd

I mean, when asked to describe pain, although I know I have felt it, I can't describe it.

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
learned my most painful expierence at my parents house in central mexico. the "rotting lime" was actually a bee/wasp nest, the buggers were 2'' long, red, and dont like their nest to be touched.....

neppo1345
03-13-2006, 07:24 PM
Intense Physical Pain:

Broken ankle playing baseball (kept on playing)... - 15

Broken Rib playing paintball.... - 12

Torn rotator cuff senior year of football.... - 17

Not intense pain, but pain:

Being set on fire (not a jackass stunt) - 13

Having an assanine friend try to push me under the ice on a river - 12

warbeak2099
03-13-2006, 07:27 PM
2 years old - Cutting my hand open with a Swiss army knife while playing GI Joe on the kitchen counter. Hilarious? I think so.

geekwarrior
03-13-2006, 08:11 PM
earliest membrance of pain: age 7, going down a hill on a skatboard, on my knees. hit a crack, board stopped, i didn't...never even got my hands out in front of me. whole left sife of my face was road rash...2 days before school pictures.

most intense pain was popping my knee out of joint...or maybe the time my foot got run over by a fork lift :wow:

Cow hunter
03-13-2006, 08:14 PM
earliest membrance of pain: age 7, going down a hill on a skatboard, on my knees. hit a crack, board stopped, i didn't...never even got my hands out in front of me. whole left sife of my face was road rash...2 days before school pictures.

most intense pain was popping my knee out of joint...or maybe the time my foot got run over by a fork lift :wow:
break out the pics! :D

geekwarrior
03-13-2006, 08:16 PM
my mom didnt bother getting them that year. moms :rolleyes:

break out the pics! :D

Huskie_American
03-13-2006, 08:25 PM
Earliest memory of intense pain...first time i drank hot chocolate, and everytime after...

when i was 6, i hyperextended my elbow. Sounds weak now, but as a 6 year old, it was the worst pain ever!

Most recently breaking my femur last New Years Eve, in the championship game of a hockey tournament we were hosting..

gimp
03-13-2006, 08:30 PM
I had a lot of good injuries when I was little, but I have no memory of the actual pain. Last year my ribs were bent about three inches, my sternum twisted, then broken, most of the cartalige scraped off, and a pair of bars about a foot long each were clamped to the muscle in my sides to hold it all in the new position. That was the worst pain I've ever been in, and when I try to think of being in pain, that is all I can remember.

wad04
03-13-2006, 08:36 PM
awwwwww come on!!! with a name like gimp, I was hoping for something way more atrocious.

RoamingStorm
03-13-2006, 09:14 PM
well my elbow constantly dislocated, or fracturing my foot seeking no medical attention for two months *last summer. I had appendectomy at the age of 6, stabbed with a 2 inch butterfly blade *lower back* no medical attention sought again nothing too serious I suppose

-RS

CasingBill
03-13-2006, 09:38 PM
Last year I had my tonsils, adenoids, and uvula removed. It was a pretty painful 2 weeks. Not sure it was the most intense though.

Bear_Claw
03-13-2006, 11:21 PM
Age 5: Falling off a lader and landing head first on onto a Bed post LOL.

4 or 5 stiches to the back of my head (right were you skull ends that soft spot).

By the time i got to the hospital i had lost oo mutch blood so they stiched without freezing. I still rember the feeling of the needel.

UnicycleMonster
03-13-2006, 11:26 PM
When I was birthed, the doctor handled me rather roughly. I think I bruised up a little bit. That is my earliest memory of physical pain.

bentothejam1n
03-13-2006, 11:27 PM
I've never been to the hospital or been seriously hurt in my life. My brother on the other hand has had his hand ironed, the tv fell on his nose, sewing needle went through his hand, and school of recon

tropical_fishy
03-13-2006, 11:28 PM
I jumped out of a tree on a dare when I was almost 5 and broke my foot/sprained my ankle. I apparently did the same thing off the back of the couch when I was 3ish, but I don't remember that.

The best one was when I was standing on a three-foot, rickety stool on the concrete floor in the basement while my daddy was teaching me how to use a drill--I was probably 6. I lost my balance and fell headfirst onto the concrete. When I woke up, he handed me some aspirin and bribed me not to tell my mother by taking me to see battleship cove in MA. There was probably ice cream involved as well. I didn't tell my mother until last summer, right before I left for college :D.

UnicycleMonster
03-13-2006, 11:30 PM
I've never been to the hospital or been seriously hurt in my life.

Who do you think you are, Unbreakable?

fire1811
03-13-2006, 11:34 PM
When I was a wee lad I was playing in the shed with all of my old mans tools, even though I had been told numerous times to stay out of there. Well to make a long story short I kneeled down to pick something up and got a 2'' roofing nail though my knee, it was buried to the head.
So I'm screaming and my dad come out of the house and checks me out.
The whack job picks up a hammer to pull the nail out. I'm can remember thinking there is no way he would do that. Holy Christ was I wrong.

bentothejam1n
03-13-2006, 11:41 PM
Who do you think you are, Unbreakable?
lots and lots of milk

billybob_81067
03-14-2006, 12:13 AM
When I was a wee lad I was playing in the shed with all of my old mans tools, even though I had been told numerous times to stay out of there. Well to make a long story short I kneeled down to pick something up and got a 2'' roofing nail though my knee, it was buried to the head.
So I'm screaming and my dad come out of the house and checks me out.
The whack job picks up a hammer to pull the nail out. I'm can remember thinking there is no way he would do that. Holy Christ was I wrong.

LMAO! Well... what else would you pull out a nail with? A crowbar???

fire1811
03-14-2006, 12:27 AM
I don't know maybe something a little more delicate :p

Evil1
03-14-2006, 01:26 AM
WHen I was four, I jumped on my big wheel like it was a skateboard and the wheel turned sideways and I flew over the handlebars and cracked my chin open, busted my whole upper lip open when my teeth punctured it, and cut my whole head, face, and stomach up. The tetanus shot I had to get right in my chin was the worst part though. The other one that stands out is when I was 12 and tried to bo a big jump with my bmx and landed hard and the bike flew out from under me and I had a compound fracture of my left femur. I still have an insane scar where the bone poked through.

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 05:59 AM
By far not the worst, but the first…

I remember thinking my dad’s Porsche sounded really cool… so what do I do?

I touched the exhaust pipe! :wow:

AHHHHHHHHH that thing was HOT!!!

-and-

I cannot claim this next story as my own, it happend to someone I knew when I was little and was one of the first memories of intense pain... just not my own.

She walked out to her front lawn and saw a bright colored ball, and some kids across the street. So she backed up about 20 ft. ran as hard as she could to kick the ball...

She soon found herself on the ground looking at this ball that had 3 holes in the side of it, and her bloody toe.
:rofl:

gimp
03-14-2006, 08:38 AM
hahaha, I stuck my thumb in a cigarette lighter at a dealership when I was a kid. I figured it wasn't going to be on because the car was in the showroom. You'd think I would realize when it was glowing red.

I've had some good groin injuries too. One involves a big blood blister from snowboarding with keys in my pocket, and another time I had a run in with a whip and well, we'll call it the end piece. Felt like I had to pee for a few days. Kinda like when they pull a catheter out.

Altimas
03-14-2006, 09:03 AM
You know when a Pine tree Gets blown over and it uproots? Well I was sledding down a hill face first when I was about 11. I finally made it past the drive way. My neighbors had a peice of Plexiglass on their flower bed I ramped it and landed face first into the roots of that blown over pine tree. I was knocked out cold for about 5minutes. finally my brother came to check on me. I had a stick go through my mouth. (I could actually whistle out of it on the wayto the hospital) and broke my nose in about 3 different places. Though it was so cold it didnt hurt that bad. What really hurt is when they fixed my nose and pulled out about 30 foot of gauze from the packing.

wad04
03-14-2006, 08:28 PM
In the 5th grade, I was running my hand along a painted wall with numerous spots where there was no paint. and holy hell a paint chip went straight into my finger nail, the paint chip went all the way to the root of my nail. Hurt like f'ing hell.
They ended up taking off my finger nail and scrape off the paint chip with a scalpel.

cdacda13
03-14-2006, 08:39 PM
Back in 2000 (I was a young lad of 10 years)
I was going down a concrete alpine slide, I took a turn WAY too fast. I ended up flipping the cart, and going about 50 feet sliding on my left elbow and knee. I was around the middle of the hill so I got back on and finshed up the ride not knowing the seriosiness of the injury. By the time I got down to the base, The left arm was covered in blood and my left shin also had a lot of blood on it. I found my parents, who quickly took me to the medical center there. The "doctor" there basically poured hydrogen pyxicide in both wounds.

REDRT
03-15-2006, 12:34 AM
Dislocating my shoulder in a snowmobile accident then having to pop it back in to retrieve the sled to get back home. That is the one that I recall that hurt the worst.

onedude36
03-15-2006, 12:59 AM
Slamming a door shut and ripping my big toe nail off.

Kyle.Kimber
03-15-2006, 03:50 PM
Last year... I had to watch STEEL MAGNOLIAS with my grandma. Nuff said...

ScatterPlot
03-17-2006, 12:19 AM
My girlfriend stuck her finger into an opened soup can when she was little. Imagine like the top of a McDonalds drink but with metal, or the thing in Saw 2, but with your finger. Sliced off a bunch of it, and to this day (she's 20) her finger is still smaller than her other ones.

agdfighter
03-17-2006, 01:09 AM
1. At about 9 months my older sister dropped me down the stairs. Not wanting to be out done I proceeded to crawl head first twice after that in about a year

2. At about 5 I knocked my cousin out of the way of a rolling grain bin. (about 10 foot tall and 30 foot long.) It rolled over me but other than being a really skinny person I was ok.

3. In the space of 2 years I've had 3 nails go entirely through my foot in various places.

4. Dislocated my knee at 9ish popped it back in myself and never knew what was wrong for years Its still hurts every once in a while though. been 9 years since

5. Been stung an un-numberable many of times. Greatest thing in the world is to go out with a split 2X4 and play baseball with wasps. or golf bees off clover.

6. Had a bruise from my ankle to my armpit from a piece of rebar, it was for scafilding and it got pressed between the tailgate and the wall we were painting, bent in a u when the trucj was backed up and swack. That hurt

7. knocked out twice from playing football

8. had both my palms completely ripped off by barbwire, my cousin too. We were putting up a fence and me and Colin were holding the wire when his dad decided to move the truck. Which had the spinner in it. that hurt too.

9. Oh and I've been hit twice with a baseball bat.

10. I could go on for a long time geez I'm kinda stupid must be the falls early on. :p

I don't remember any of the pain I know it hurt and in the case of my knee I get reminded every so often.
And don't think I'm a clutz between me and my cousin I'm like an angel. Hes had a couple of thousand stitches and broken bones. He has walk staight down a path and fell on a stake and sliced both legs to the bone, from mid thigh down to his knees.

sean33
03-17-2006, 06:35 AM
about 50 ft up in a tree extending over budys house...branch broke fell to ground having branch caught in between my legs...hurt the nads bad that day...

Vircolac
03-17-2006, 08:47 AM
dressed in my cub scout uniform, really excited to be a member of the color guard in my town's parade. Ran from upstairs and happily leaped from the third step....

cracked my head HARD on the door sill and landed on my rear HARD on the floor.

By the way, I LOVE these kinds of threads... you folks are experts at writing about life's little mishaps!

TheAngryDrunkenRussian
03-17-2006, 09:03 AM
first expirence of pain my older brother taped me into a cardboard box and puch me down a staircase when I was 4 (Mom got him back with a Wooden paddle). But other painful moments are:

When I was in the Corps I was checking the chamber of a M-16 (which you slide the bolt carrier back and lock in place and shove you pinky in the chamber) I hit the bolt catch on the other side chambering my pinky in the weapon. :wow:

Also when I was in Boot camp I volenteered for "softening blows" for Hand to Hand training. First spot to hit in a fight is someone's nuts. little did I know I had laces from Drill Instructor's combat boot become a perament member of my butt. :eek:

CasingBill
03-17-2006, 09:12 AM
My girlfriend stuck her finger into an opened soup can when she was little. Imagine like the top of a McDonalds drink but with metal, or the thing in Saw 2, but with your finger. Sliced off a bunch of it, and to this day (she's 20) her finger is still smaller than her other ones.

wow...that must have been painful for you :rolleyes:

pachytriton
03-17-2006, 01:31 PM
When I was three I was in a head-on car wreck going to preschool in my grandfather's Mercedes Roadster. It was made before shoulder belts, so when we hit my forehead went right into the dashboard. I had fifty something stitches from one eyebrow to the other.

Kyle.Kimber
03-31-2006, 11:57 PM

Thanks for sharing... Dump her.

ThePixelGuru
04-01-2006, 04:34 AM
The First:
When I was 3 I fell down running out to recess at pre-school and took all the skin of my knee.

The Worst:
When I was 10 or so I fell backwards against our wood stove and had to use my arm and hand to push myself off of it.

The Most Annyoing:
Last summer when I accidentally took a weed-whacker through a buttload of poison ivy.

Bahhumbug
04-01-2006, 11:01 AM
I think most of my painful experiences have been self-inflicted.

1) I tried to intentionally break both of my shins on a metal bar. I failed. Damn milk.
2) Many things wen't wrong with this one. First I was picking akee, it's a jamacian fruit that tastes like scrambled eggs and happens to contain lethal doses of potassium cyanide when not ripe (kills in 2-3 seconds). Second the box that I was standing on happened to be the largest nest of fire ants I have ever seen. Third, the most direct route off of the box and toward the house was blocked by a 7 foot tall cactus. So, here's what happened. I dropped an akee, intentionally, because it wasn't ripe and I was rightfully afraid of it, the akee landed on the box and pissed off the fire ants, they came out and started stinging me, I immediately turned and ran, straight into the cactus. Later that day we had a delcious meal of akee (it won't kill you once it's ripe).
3) I ran over my own finger with a skateboard, not breaking anything.
4) I ran over my own toe with a skateboard, breaking it.
5) Three days later a truck ran over my toe, further breaking it. I did not seek medical help.

topazpaintball
04-01-2006, 11:37 AM
Going down the stairs in a laundry hamper when I was 6, and breaking both the bones in my lower left arm. For some reason, I thought it'd be like sledding :tard:

oneworld
04-01-2006, 02:35 PM
when i was 8 i was snowboarding(first year) and i was showing off for a few freinds when i went over a jump which was way beyond me at that time. tore my thumb off. broke the bone clean in half and was hanging by a peice of skin. prya not the most painfull cuz i was in so much shock.

also doing 50 on a pocket rocket and hitting a curb

eee yah..nuff said. :ninja:

last time i had severe pain. was last year when i jumped off the tower and snapped the 2 bones in my leg.

StuDawggie
04-02-2006, 07:53 PM
When I was 11, I was filling a water balloon from the deck of my parents pool, and fell in catching my leg on the deck. I ended up ripping a 8 1/2 inch hole in my leg and leaving the piece of leg floating in the pool while I went for a nice ambulance ride. But that wasn't the most painful part. The most painful part was burning from the Xylecane that they used to numb my leg. Also the last 10 stitches hurt a lot as well since the Xylecane had worn off, and I could feel the threaded needles going in and out of my skin. (this happened 16 years ago, and I still have no feeling in most of my shin where the "meat" for lack of a better term from my leg is missing). I also remember the conversation with the ER doc, about the possibility of them not being able to close my leg, and having to undergo an amputation. Lucky for me the doc was able to avoid that extreme.
This injury may not be as bad as some of the things that have happened to those here, but it's my earliest memory of intese pain that I have.