PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Feedneck?

nate2k191
03-14-2006, 01:15 AM
vertical feednecks - do they make that big of a difference in feed preformance? i was planning on getting a subzero... seem nice, but do others feed better or anything?

pachytriton
03-14-2006, 01:21 AM
You might possibly see some very minor difference between a high or low rise if you use a gravity feed hopper
. It's usually better to go with a no rise or low rise anyway. I'd reccomend a bp no rider over the sub zero only to save some money.

http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=190145 <- where to buy

Josh2Xtremes
03-14-2006, 01:21 AM
CCM feed necks. They'll keep your hopper from falling off and look good doing it. There are about a dozen choices of height to fit any gun or style of play. www.chipleymachine.com
Josh

nate2k191
03-14-2006, 01:27 AM
thanks for the info guys.

REDRT
03-14-2006, 01:29 AM
I like the sub-zero. It is low, positive clamping via the screw and best of all no sanding of the halo. I would get another one in a heartbeat.

Vex
03-14-2006, 02:25 AM
I like the sub-zero. It is low, positive clamping via the screw and best of all no sanding of the halo. I would get another one in a heartbeat.
I second that emotion.

REDRT
03-14-2006, 03:36 AM
I second that emotion.

Emotion? motion maybe... ;) Doesn't like Def Leppard, but we can agree on a feedneck. Thats a start. :D

minimag03
03-14-2006, 07:33 AM
My Subzero is the best feedneck I have ever used by far. Rogue, why don't you make some for other markers?

RoamingStorm
03-14-2006, 07:39 AM
I like the FBM hooker feedneck, no screw

electriceel125
03-14-2006, 08:18 AM
I love BP no riders. But CCM are great also!

warbeak2099
03-14-2006, 09:19 AM
You might possibly see some very minor difference between a high or low rise if you use a gravity feed hopper
. It's usually better to go with a no rise or low rise anyway.

Uh, no. Gravity feed / agitator hoppers work better with high rises. A larger ball stack is better for hoppers like revvys, reloaders, ricochets, quantums, tsa's, etc. A shorter ball stack is better for force feeders such as halos, reloader bs, vlocitys, qloaders, etc.

rkjunior303
03-14-2006, 09:27 AM
FBM Hooker
CCM
BP No-Rider.

Cire
03-14-2006, 09:29 AM
I have a CCM No-Pro but I don't like it. I think that it is because I'm using a Ricochet Apache and it sits really loose in the feedneck. For some reason the clamp will not go tight enough so I had to wrap the neck with some electrical tape to get it tight enough.

From what it sounds like, a Halo has a bigger neck which probably would work like a champ in a CCM No-Pro feedneck.

Cire

pachytriton
03-14-2006, 11:51 AM
Uh, no. Gravity feed / agitator hoppers work better with high rises. A larger ball stack is better for hoppers like revvys, reloaders, ricochets, quantums, tsa's, etc. A shorter ball stack is better for force feeders such as halos, reloader bs, vlocitys, qloaders, etc.

I know, I was just saying in general lower feednecks are better for a lower profile.

egb groupie
03-14-2006, 11:57 AM
I use a Redz clamping feedneck on my Mag, with excellent results so far, I like it for the simple fact that it has a throw lever instead of a screw, and I can take everything external off of my gun without using any tools (Tac-one mainbody). This is great for scenarios and woodsball situations, because I can take everything off really quick, wipe it down, but everything back on, and get back into the game....

VFX_Fenix
03-14-2006, 01:01 PM
I have a CCM No-Pro but I don't like it. I think that it is because I'm using a Ricochet Apache and it sits really loose in the feedneck. For some reason the clamp will not go tight enough so I had to wrap the neck with some electrical tape to get it tight enough.

From what it sounds like, a Halo has a bigger neck which probably would work like a champ in a CCM No-Pro feedneck.

Cire

Cire, you might want to talk to the boys at CCM, I've used my Ricochet with my No-Pro and haven't had a problem getting the feed neck to have enough bite to keep it in place. I've used that feed neck with both an older Ricochet and a newer one with out incident.

I like my two CCM Feed necks (No-Pro and No-Rise). I'm also a fan of the SP Q-Lock, nothing quite like having a cam locking feed neck. Generally speaking though figure out how you like your hopper to be held on then buy something in that style.

Twist-lock (threaded ring style a la, Extreme Rage and CP) Generally look cleaner, imo, though they can have problems with getting tight enough or getting stuck in a locked position.

Screw-Lock (Clamp with hex screw a la, RPG and CCM) Depending on who's making it they can look pretty clean, Sub Zero's are really clean looking, about the only down side to these is they require a tool to atach/detach your hopper.

Cam-Lock (Clamp with cam on threaded shaft a la, SP and Hybrid) Again, depening on who's making it can look pretty clean and they have something of both worlds. They require no tools and there's rarely a problem getting them tight enough, however there's always the problem of getting them too tight and there's the risk of breaking the cam arm or the threaded skewer if they're habitually over tightend.

Baby Huey
03-14-2006, 01:32 PM
When you are building your mag stick with the mag stuff. I love my RPG Sub zero and I loved my RPG strangler before that (by the way it is for sale). Quality wise you you cant go wrong with most of the ones listed above. I run a SP q-lock (punisherspb.com just came out with anno'd levers to match, if thats important to you) and a ccm no pro in my shockers. The no pro is nice because once you cut the neck on your hopper it sits right on top of the gun. For a mag though build it with mag parts (themagsmith.com). Good luck and God Bless.

REDRT
03-14-2006, 02:23 PM
When you are building your mag stick with the mag stuff. I love my RPG Sub zero and I loved my RPG strangler before that (by the way it is for sale). Quality wise you you cant go wrong with most of the ones listed above. I run a SP q-lock (punisherspb.com just came out with anno'd levers to match, if thats important to you) and a ccm no pro in my shockers. The no pro is nice because once you cut the neck on your hopper it sits right on top of the gun. For a mag though build it with mag parts (themagsmith.com). Good luck and God Bless.

HERE HERE! :hail: I try to support the people that support mags.

nate2k191
03-14-2006, 02:30 PM
i got a BP no rider due to the size of my wallet, i also think the style fits my mag better. if only i had a karta body :cry: - by the way my wallet would magically expand if i found one.

68magOwner
03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I really like the Cam-lock feednecks, just flipping a lever is more convient than breaking out the allens any day.

Cire
03-14-2006, 03:30 PM
Cire, you might want to talk to the boys at CCM, I've used my Ricochet with my No-Pro and haven't had a problem getting the feed neck to have enough bite to keep it in place. I've used that feed neck with both an older Ricochet and a newer one with out incident.
I just tried it on my Ricochet AK also and it could not get tight enough. The clamp is tightened until it bottoms out. Maybe the clamp is a bigger sized one or something.

Did you cut your necks shorter on you loaders?

I got the feedneck on my DM3 when I got it used so I'm not sure on age or if anything has been done to it. I'll have to give CCM an e-mail and see what they say.

Cire

VFX_Fenix
03-15-2006, 04:04 AM
The necks aren't modified at all on mine, no o-rings on the feed neck either since I tried that once and discovered that the CCM feed neck was biting in enough to cut them.

Though neither of my feed necks can take an un-sanded HALO so it could be that newer CCM feed necks are smaller than the older ones. I bought both of mine at the NPPL Huntington Beach event in 2005 from the CCM booth.