PDA

View Full Version : E-Mag question

Little_Ho
03-14-2006, 08:16 AM
Hey at all,

I was wondering what eyes, PDS or breakbeam are possible to use with an X-Mag marker.

Since there are no Boards for sale anymore and Iam building a X-Mag I was wondering what else i could use. Must be plug and pray because I dont want to change the EX-Mag board.

Hope that the right place for the question. If not Mod please move.

Thanks

Little_Ho

flyingpootang
03-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Hey at all,

I was wondering what eyes, PDS or breakbeam are possible to use with an X-Mag marker.

Since there are no Boards for sale anymore and Iam building a X-Mag I was wondering what else i could use. Must be plug and pray because I dont want to change the EX-Mag board.

Hope that the right place for the question. If not Mod please move.

Thanks

Little_Ho

To start off with building an Xmag will be next to impossible, because finding the body, breaches, ACE board, and xmag labeled valve for sale is not likely. As for eyes all Xmags came with the ACE (anti chop eye) and it is a good system. I own an X an I just completed an Pred Mini Morlock conversion and the fire rate is unreal. I only use semi with the debounce set not to add any additional shots and it's still super fast especially in hybrid mode. I did not install eyes or use the ACE because the level 10 bolt will not allow you to chop anyway. To answer your question is it possible to mount eyes on a X? Yes it is, but removing the breach would be difficult because the eyes wires would have to be removed first. You might want to contact A-Tach-One he's on AO and owns an Xmag with a Pred II mod with eyes installed. The work was done by Devils Den and is the only Deviled X out there. I contacted tagsportz.com about a drop in board that will work with an Xmag and ACE system, but the preorder has already closed and no more are scheduled to be produced. As of yet I don't think that they have even began production due to manufacturing issues. If you ever buy an used X and decide to do the Predd II mod you can keep the orignal boards and reinstall them at any time that is exactly what I did with mine to keep it origanal as possible......

REDRT
03-14-2006, 10:37 AM
To start off with building an Xmag will be next to impossible, because finding the body, breaches, ACE board, and xmag labeled valve for sale is not likely. As for eyes all Xmags came with the ACE (anti chop eye) and it is a good system. I own an X an I just completed an Pred Mini Morlock conversion and the fire rate is unreal. I only use semi with the debounce set not to add any additional shots and it's still super fast especially in hybrid mode. I did not install eyes or use the ACE because the level 10 bolt will not allow you to chop anyway. To answer your question is it possible to mount eyes on a X? Yes it is, but removing the breach would be difficult because the eyes wires would have to be removed first. You might want to contact A-Tach-One he's on AO and owns an Xmag with a Pred II mod with eyes installed. The work was done by Devils Den and is the only Deviled X out there. I contacted tagsportz.com about a drop in board that will work with an Xmag and ACE system, but the preorder has already closed and no more are scheduled to be produced. As of yet I don't think that they have even began production due to manufacturing issues. If you ever buy an used X and decide to do the Predd II mod you can keep the orignal boards and reinstall them at any time that is exactly what I did with mine to keep it origanal as possible......

Your mini morlock will work with the ACE already. No need for a different board.

Building a Xmag may be next to impossible, but I did for the first time ever see a body for sale not that long ago here on AO. I don't think that one had the ACE board in it.

Little_Ho
03-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Well...

I got the Body with a rightfeed and a Verticalfeed Breach. Just need a leftfeed breach......

Tuna needs to get back with me on that. I have Lowers with the 3.2 Software and i have the ULE Trigger frame for the X-Mag.

After I get everything back from the Ano Job ill put the hole thing together and was wondering if there is a way to install something simillar to the ACE without any modifications.

Iam fine with the Speed. The most fields cut the Speed to 15BPS and no ramping anyway. The fastest speed I can do with a Electro in semi mode no bounces are 11bps.

So I was just wondering if i can get the parts to make a Real X-Mag.

I know that my Level10 is setup very soft on Balls and Iam not realy concernd about choping.

Just a little hint, the ACE Boards should be selling with the lowers. Unless its a Bad Board.

Little_Ho

REDRT
03-14-2006, 12:24 PM
Ace is no longer available anywhere and as far as I know nothing like it exists anywhere. I wouldn't mind ACE myself just for the simple fact of having it. Maybe some of the genius minds here will come up with a viable solution other than milling in eyes off the side of the breach?

flyingpootang
03-14-2006, 12:59 PM
Your mini morlock will work with the ACE already. No need for a different board.

Building a Xmag may be next to impossible, but I did for the first time ever see a body for sale not that long ago here on AO. I don't think that one had the ACE board in it.

RdRt, If memory sevres me correct the X did not part out and sold as a whole. Besides why part out a rare marker like that anyway?

flyingpootang
03-14-2006, 01:31 PM
Well...

I got the Body with a rightfeed and a Verticalfeed Breach. Just need a leftfeed breach......

Tuna needs to get back with me on that. I have Lowers with the 3.2 Software and i have the ULE Trigger frame for the X-Mag.

After I get everything back from the Ano Job ill put the hole thing together and was wondering if there is a way to install something simillar to the ACE without any modifications.

Iam fine with the Speed. The most fields cut the Speed to 15BPS and no ramping anyway. The fastest speed I can do with a Electro in semi mode no bounces are 11bps.

So I was just wondering if i can get the parts to make a Real X-Mag.

I know that my Level10 is setup very soft on Balls and Iam not realy concernd about choping.

Just a little hint, the ACE Boards should be selling with the lowers. Unless its a Bad Board.

Little_Ho

Try A-Tach-One. I know he converted one of his X's to a Devil X and may want to sell the ACE board. You can also call AGD and talk to one of their tech guys and see if they may have one laying around. Even though I'll probably never put my stock board back into my X and it will not increase the value by leaps and bounds by selling it with both boards I just don't have the heart to spilt it up.

REDRT
03-14-2006, 02:01 PM
RdRt, If memory sevres me correct the X did not part out and sold as a whole. Besides why part out a rare marker like that anyway?

No there was a thread. The seller had a complete Xmag and 1x Xmag body along with a whole bunch of other stuff. Nice pics and all. The body I thought was an extra one purchased from AGDE. It never was a complete marker. The xmag body listed was a little hidden with everything offered for sale. At the time I read it I believe the body hadn't sold. I'm not too overly interested in the Xmag so I didn't pursue it at the time. The ACE board on the other hand I would pursue if one presented itself along with the CnC battery cover.

flyingpootang
03-14-2006, 08:37 PM
No there was a thread. The seller had a complete Xmag and 1x Xmag body along with a whole bunch of other stuff. Nice pics and all. The body I thought was an extra one purchased from AGDE. It never was a complete marker. The xmag body listed was a little hidden with everything offered for sale. At the time I read it I believe the body hadn't sold. I'm not too overly interested in the Xmag so I didn't pursue it at the time. The ACE board on the other hand I would pursue if one presented itself along with the CnC battery cover.

Probably not a common occurance, but I wish I would have seen it. Any idea what it sold for?

Little_Ho
03-15-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey Guys,

i got the Body from AO just a few month ago. Its a black to red fade with warpright and a Vertical Feed Breach. Both are not matching the Body.

To the ACE. Ill try to contact A-Tach-One for the ACE. I did contact AGD per Mail and they said they could get some but they would to have an order of at least 100.

So I think AGD is out of that.

Little_Ho

REDRT
03-15-2006, 01:12 AM
Hey Guys,

i got the Body from AO just a few month ago. Its a black to red fade with warpright and a Vertical Feed Breach. Both are not matching the Body.

To the ACE. Ill try to contact A-Tach-One for the ACE. I did contact AGD per Mail and they said they could get some but they would to have an order of at least 100.

Little_Ho

I wonder just how much an order of a hundred might cost?

Little_Ho
03-15-2006, 09:02 AM
Well maybe a Tech can answer that.....

Any Tech here???????

flyingpootang
03-16-2006, 11:48 AM
Hey Guys,

Little_Ho

Lil Ho, Welcome to the few luky ones that own Xmags. I'm glad your trying to make yours as stock as possible and not Frankenstien it. Keep in mind you could get either one of the 3 breaches or all 3 when you ordered your X. To bad AGD has no plans for a simular projet such as an X II. Well guess we have to see what they pull out of their hat....

shades
03-16-2006, 01:06 PM
My friend all an ACE or any other "EYE" board is a simple light dectector which sends a bit (1=on,0=Off)to an input pin on the processor. all you need is:
1.find the pin the ACE is talking to.
2.use a signal voltage of 5volts.(5 volt reg is on the main board)
3.make your dedector(reflective-like the ACE or beambreak-like the impluse, or touch-via a piezo like the Angel)

I found simple circuits in a book from Radio Shack. which should only use five or so simple easily available components with adjustable sensitivity.

Little_Ho
03-17-2006, 08:26 AM
flyingpootang:

Well its a used one and I did not had a choise with the Breach. But i have orderd one from Tuna it should be here shortly so I can send it of for an Ano job.

shades:

I was actually hoping that someone like you come up and told me which Board would be a direct fit. I dotn want to cut out anything. I want to leave her Stock....So do you any types of Eyes wich could be a direct fit???

BigEvil
03-17-2006, 08:53 AM

There have been difficulties with getting the ACE to work properly with the Mini-Morlocks and Predator 2's, which is why TAG is supposed to (someday) release the Emag specific Predator board.

FYI - the programing on the stock board can only support a reflective eye, not break beams. They work in the exact opposite way.

Here is a good link that explains it.
http://www.zdspb.com/tech/misc/ace.html

Also, replacement ACE boards are next to impossible to get. You probably can get hit by lightning easier. If you are technically competent, you could always try to modify an Eblade reflective eye, or, buy the sensor itself and buld a simple ACE yourself.

Lornecash was debating whether or not he could fit the extra code to make his xmod software for the stock board work with break beams.

Little_Ho
03-17-2006, 10:38 AM
Bigevil:

I was wondring if I could use that Eye from an E- Blade because I dont want to drill or Modify the X-Mag Body. Will the E-Blade Eye work if I put it in a Vertical position??? The E-Blade Eye is Horizontal Mounted on a Cocker.

I maybe try that. Has somebody a Layout for the Connection on the E-Mag Board???

Little_Ho