PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have any mystery shopping experiances?

thecavemankevin
03-14-2006, 02:42 PM
I was in a subway the other day as a customer and the patron in line in front of me informed the clerks that she was a mystery shopper once she had paid for her sandwich.

Now i've heard about mystery shopping before, both in business classes and one company in particular has been advertising on the radio here. So i have always been semi curious, but it sounds like one of those to good to be true kinda things. Plus i know i've heard that some companies charge you to become one of their shoppers.

When i was talking to this lady she informed me of a website that lists all kinds of mystery shopping companies and she said their are plenty that do not charge to be one of their shoppers.

Before i get too serious about looking into this i figured i'd see if any of yall have any advice/experiances.

Muzikman
03-14-2006, 02:55 PM
It's usually a house wife type thing. A freind of mine's mother does it. She makes a few bucks, but not enough to call it a job. I guess if you actually like shopping then do it. It's lagit.

BobTheCow
03-14-2006, 03:09 PM
Mystery shopping? Huh? I was hoping you walked in blindfolded and told them to make you the craziest sandwhich they could muster or something. :(

Warewolf50
03-14-2006, 04:13 PM
Mystery shopping? Huh? I was hoping you walked in blindfolded and told them to make you the craziest sandwhich they could muster or something. :(

its basically companies send people in "undercover" as normal shoppers to test out the quality of the customer service in the reasturant or whatever type of store it is.

lopxtc
03-14-2006, 04:43 PM
Yeah when I was a manager for Babbages years ago we would have to mystery shop the other stores in out district once a month. We would goto a mall other than the one we worked at, and usually recruit someone from the food court. We would tell them what we were doing and have them go shopping in the store.

They would then fill out a form that asked a bunch of question and such and then we would give them a discount card and refund the purchase. Personally I hated it since it would show up as a refund issued in store which was never a good thing, and you couldnt just void the sale since it would ring alarms in the fraud prevention office later on down the road.

Aaron