PDA

View Full Version : Photo Gripe

Maghog
03-14-2006, 03:22 PM
I"m fed up with trying to post pictures on this forum. Up until now, every attempt I"ve made to upload a jpeg photo file winds up giving me an upload error of some sort or another. I then wind up using tedious other avenues, which includes bothering other people who could probably do better things with their time.
Am I the only person who has this trouble?
I"ve been working with a PC, and iMac, and I"m always running into dead ends that frustrate me no matter what operating system I use.
I"m not the most adept with a computer, but following the simple instructions given is not working out.
Would someone please post detailed instructions that might help?
I"d be happy to share the latest in the line of TLC guns with you, but if this keeps up, I"m going over to pbn!
Sorry
Dan@Triggernomics

Cow hunter
03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
use jayloo, right click, then properties, copy the "formatted for forums" or whatever its called, then use the [img] tags around that link

they stopped image hosting to save bandwith, because more bandwidth= more $$$

/imageshack.us works too
//dont go to PBN!!!

behemoth
03-14-2006, 03:26 PM
I"m fed up with trying to post pictures on this forum. Up until now, every attempt I"ve made to upload a jpeg photo file winds up giving me an upload error of some sort or another. I then wind up using tedious other avenues, which includes bothering other people who could probably do better things with their time.
Am I the only person who has this trouble?
I"ve been working with a PC, and iMac, and I"m always running into dead ends that frustrate me no matter what operating system I use.
I"m not the most adept with a computer, but following the simple instructions given is not working out.
Would someone please post detailed instructions that might help?
I"d be happy to share the latest in the line of TLC guns with you, but if this keeps up, I"m going over to pbn!
Sorry
Dan@Triggernomics

AO dosent have image uploads anymore.

You'll have to host them at Imagshack.us or Photobucket.com

Mescalito
03-14-2006, 03:30 PM
1. goto www.imageshack.us
2. click browse button
3. find pic to host and click open
4. select options, I.E. resize to 640 x 480 for message boards
5. click host it
6. use very bottom url for linking to image.

MoeMag
03-14-2006, 03:34 PM
What works for me…

http://pic.photobucket.com/pb_logo.gif

I use www.photobucket.com
You create your account, and there you can upload pictures onto their sever.

Once you do that, a thumbnail (a little version of your picture) appears with three addresses below it. A URL, Tag, Img. like this...
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/photobucket.jpg

You can copy the URL address, then go to post thread and click the http://www.automags.org/forums/images/editor/insertimage.gif
Button.

I dialog box opens up and you paste the URL address of your picture into the box. Press “OK” and your good to go. like this...
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/img.jpg

*ALSO*

Because AO used the [img] format, you can directly copy the Img address into your thread text box.

In case you don’t know…
To copy and paste addresses really easily with a PC (With a mac instead of Ctrl it is the mac symbol).

To copy: highlight the address, and press “Ctrl+c”
Once you do that….
To paste: put yout cursor where you want the address inserted and press “Ctrl+v”

Hope this helps.

minimag03
03-14-2006, 03:40 PM
Photobucket > all other hosts (no offence jayloo.

Maghog
03-14-2006, 03:52 PM
So then why do I even still have the option in the thread post page?
Thanks for the help guys...
I"ll be posting some stuff later today, I"ve got to play with things a little more.
Dan

Jotsy
03-14-2006, 03:55 PM
wow, i vote we sticky moemag's post.

and yes, photobucket FTW ;)

Maghog
03-14-2006, 07:49 PM
Everything I'm trying is running into dead ends now :mad:
Sorry guys, but I'm giving up.

minimag03
03-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Everything I'm trying is running into dead ends now :mad:
Sorry guys, but I'm giving up.

Do you have AIM or MSN. I can walk you through hosting pics for free.

BobTheCow
03-14-2006, 09:46 PM
For everybody supporting photobucket, give imageshack a shot. You don't HAVE to make an account in order to upload stuff, but it's very easy to maintain one as well to keep all your images together. Imageshack's hosting is superior to photobucket's, which won't display images after a (fairly low) bandwidth threshold is exceeded. I can't see any advantages to using photobucket over imageshack.

e: Maghog, Mescalito's instructions were exactly right and quite simple. Might want to consider that if photobucket's not working out for you. Or if you'd like, e-mail me the images at BobTheCow63@gmail.com and I can take care of the hosting and how to post here for you.

behemoth
03-14-2006, 10:12 PM
For everybody supporting photobucket, give imageshack a shot. You don't HAVE to make an account in order to upload stuff, but it's very easy to maintain one as well to keep all your images together. Imageshack's hosting is superior to photobucket's, which won't display images after a (fairly low) bandwidth threshold is exceeded. I can't see any advantages to using photobucket over imageshack.

e: Maghog, Mescalito's instructions were exactly right and quite simple. Might want to consider that if photobucket's not working out for you. Or if you'd like, e-mail me the images at BobTheCow63@gmail.com and I can take care of the hosting and how to post here for you.

Sheit, i'll do it too, i just wanna see whatever you have to show! :D :D

No, seriously... Josh.behemoth @ gmail.com

Maghog
03-14-2006, 10:28 PM
I just sent someone the shots, so if we are lucky, they might still get up here tonight.
Through all the frustration, it's really nice to see so many of you ready to help me out.
Thanks a lot guys.

RusskiX
03-14-2006, 11:09 PM
Pics are up!

Muzikman
03-15-2006, 04:35 PM
So then why do I even still have the option in the thread post page?
Thanks for the help guys...
I"ll be posting some stuff later today, I"ve got to play with things a little more.
Dan

The forum is pretty mch on auto-pilot. I have said that they need to take the file attachment option out many times and no one has done it. There are a ton of things that need done and have not been.

RoamingStorm
03-15-2006, 04:42 PM
I like walagata.com. It gives you an account and a desired bandwith.

I upload pictures onto my computer into a file in My Pictures called paintball pics. I then go to Walagata or Imageshack.us and upload it from my computer. from there I copy the image into the proper link above the text box in the post reply that looks like a mountain with a yellow background and I insert the proper web adress for the picture.. detailed enough?

Pha|anx
03-15-2006, 05:17 PM
Photobucket > all other hosts (no offence jayloo.He means--

Jayloo > All Other Hosts

Get it right... :nono: