PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable regulator?

Wizzman
03-14-2006, 08:43 PM
Other than the max flow regulator (very expensive) what other adjustable regulators are out there that have good flow? Any regulators adjustable from lets say 300-1000?

warbeak2099
03-14-2006, 09:06 PM
Centerflag, Air America, AGD Flatline. All of those can be bought used for pretty good prices.

jenarelJAM
03-14-2006, 09:20 PM
If you're looking for adjustable, plan on spending around $300. Thats what I bought my flatline for, and its awesome, but if you're on a budget, preset is fine. I haven't tried it, but the new guerilla air(i think its called) system is a semi-adjustable preset for $150ish and many people have had good things to say about them.

Edit: byt he way those are new prices, used should be considerably cheaper.

Jotsy
03-14-2006, 09:21 PM
the Air America Armageddons have good performance, but you'd prob have to get one second hand these days. the cool thing with these is that you can unscrew the bottle from the main reg like a preset. these go up to 1000psi or 1200psi, don't really remember

the only other adjustable reg i've used is a nitro duck x-stream, which uh.. well.. it does the job :p . i've heard some bad things about them tho. personally, mine doesn't seem to store air very well. what i mean is that if i fill it up with air at the end of the day to take home with me, even if i just leave it sitting in my room it eventually loses all the air (it takes about a month or two to completely empty itself tho). also, i don't like the fact that you need some special tool to adjust the output. if you somehow happen to leave it behind or lose it then you're screwed. also, i think they only go up to 900 or 1000...

the only other ones which i can think of off the top of my head are:

- flatline from AGD <- always wanted to try one
- scion from Evil
- angel A.I.R from WDP <- looks fugly IMO
- apocalypse also from Air America
- dynaflow from centerflag <- (when i was looking for my first system, i was torn between the geddon or this)

an uhh, thats all i can recall.

jenarelJAM
03-14-2006, 09:23 PM
I tried the nitro duck x-stream, had bad results, called in for replacements, same bad results. Thats when I decided to shell out the extra dough for the flatline.
Oh, and it says the nitro duck x-stream can go to "900", but both of the ones i had only went up to about 750.

68magOwner
03-14-2006, 09:33 PM
I tried the nitro duck x-stream, had bad results, called in for replacements, same bad results. Thats when I decided to shell out the extra dough for the flatline.
Oh, and it says the nitro duck x-stream can go to "900", but both of the ones i had only went up to about 750.

im currently running a nitroduck X stream with not problems at all, wanted something screw in, but, the adjustability seemed like a nice feature, I have used it on various markers, and gotten great consistency. Now, i cant say anything about how high the pressure goes, because i have only ran it between 400 and 700 psi.

Wizzman
03-14-2006, 09:57 PM
Ok I don't like any of those so I may just go with a max flo. ANyone know where I can get one of these? Smart Parts website doesn't sell them and I have looked on the web with no luck. If anyone could help me that owuld be great! I want an adjustable because I want more reactivity out of my mag. My crossfire 68/4500 just isn't doing it for me. Would I get more reactivity with my current bottle and the stock on/off assembly?

Tunaman
03-14-2006, 10:02 PM
Just so you guys know, the Flatlines are on sale right now. BIG sale! You all know the email address. :D ;)