PDA

View Full Version : I Just scored an E-MAG... need help!

woodsy
03-16-2006, 09:22 AM
I just scored an early model E-MAG, Its in great shape, hardly used, and the price was right. It needs a new battery pack.

I have a few questions...

What are the upgrades available for this gun? The software is version 1.37. Is the software upgradeable? What are the differences between software versions?

Should I send this gun back to Airgun and get the software upgrade and the X-Valve?

Will a 68/3000 system work well? I want to avoid drop off.

Thanks!

Woodsy

Dayspring
03-16-2006, 10:06 AM
1) Upgrades- ULE body & rail.

2) Software- yes. 3.2 is the newest software. Includes shot buffering- helps smooth the shot stream out.

3) You can send the gun to several of the techs (like Tunaman) to get the software flashed. You don't have to get the Xvalve. Your current valve is the same thing, except it's not aluminum. (An emag valve with level 10 = Xvalve.) if all you're missing is the level 10, just go buy that.

4) Depends- what kind of tank? Who makes it? Is it a high pressure tank?

I just scored an early model E-MAG, Its in great shape, hardly used, and the price was right. It needs a new battery pack.

I have a few questions...

What are the upgrades available for this gun? The software is version 1.37. Is the software upgradeable? What are the differences between software versions?

Should I send this gun back to Airgun and get the software upgrade and the X-Valve?

Will a 68/3000 system work well? I want to avoid drop off.

Thanks!

Woodsy

pbjoe02
03-16-2006, 02:30 PM
For ugrades-ULE parts, bodies, rails, triggers, feednecks, xmod software

If you care about weight getting the xvalve could be a good idea. AGD has a trade in program so You might want to get it from them.

I don't know about the software upgrade, but if you have to pay for it I say get the xmod from LorneCash for $100. xmagworld.com has info on all emag software

You said it needs a new battery pack. I would suggest making your own if you have basic soldering skills. The pack is made of 14 650mah AAAs wired in a series. You can get 16 900mah AAAs for $40 at walmart and solder them together. 1/2 the price, and 38% more battery life.

jlnann68
03-23-2006, 11:50 AM
Thanks for the advice on xmagworld pbjoe02! It answers a lot of questions.

flyingpootang
03-25-2006, 01:47 PM
1) Upgrades- ULE body & rail.

2) Software- yes. 3.2 is the newest software. Includes shot buffering- helps smooth the shot stream out.

3) You can send the gun to several of the techs (like Tunaman) to get the software flashed. You don't have to get the Xvalve. Your current valve is the same thing, except it's not aluminum. (An emag valve with level 10 = Xvalve.) if all you're missing is the level 10, just go buy that.

4) Depends- what kind of tank? Who makes it? Is it a high pressure tank?

All the above is great advice. As for the hp tank I would recommend a 68/72/88 4500 high pressure tank. All RT type mags don't preform well under 1000psi. Getting a 4500 will keep you playing longer...