PDA

View Full Version : good starting mag?

kazz
03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
im looking into getting a mag. im looking for a mag that i can start out with and upgrade when cash allows.

im looking at either the pro classic with a ULE body, or a ULE RT Custom. which one would you prefer? cheaper the better :)

Dirge
03-16-2006, 10:15 PM
If you have a compressed air tank, then go with the RT (stay away from the ULT. It's more trouble than it is worth). If you are going to use co2, then the Pro-Clasic is your best bet.

Tunaman
03-16-2006, 10:15 PM
Either one is a great starter gun. It all depends on how much you want to INVEST in your first mag. Let me know when you are ready and we'll get you a great Mag. [email protected] ;)

Tao
03-16-2006, 11:23 PM
im looking into getting a mag. im looking for a mag that i can start out with and upgrade when cash allows.

im looking at either the pro classic with a ULE body, or a ULE RT Custom. which one would you prefer? cheaper the better :)

If you are not wanting ANY upgrades then the pro classic is good but....
do a cost comparison. If you get a pro classic with lvl 10 you can "upgrade" to a RT pro custom with an x vlave for $40 more :P

To be honest the pro classic and the minimag new from airgun are both a big rip off compared to the RT pro custom which is such a better deal....

You can find some good deals on ebay too :)

buzzboy
03-17-2006, 07:19 AM
I second what the others said but I would say that if you want this to be, I hate these words, walkable then you should maybe try out the ULT. Personally I would rather have the factory install it then do it my self and screw it up. Then you just have to adjust it.

RoamingStorm
03-17-2006, 08:08 AM
if your looking to piece a gun together I have a purple ule body great condition and an rt pro rail (-grip and sights) ill let go for 75 mo as a package.. lmk *Ule is more than 75 new and rail is worth at least 30)

ThePixelGuru
03-17-2006, 02:37 PM
The problem with 'mags is that, although you can upgrade them, it's not really cost effective. I've got a Minimag right now, and it's a great marker, but I wouldn't bother selling it or upgrading it. If I sold it I couldn't get nearly enough to make it worth my while at all, and if I upgraded I'd need to get a whole new marker, so I might as well just buy another one. Think about it - if I wanted to shoot faster, I'd want to grab myself a double trigger of some sort (about $100), I'd need a ULT ($40) and I'd need to upgrade my valve to install it ($200), though a LVL X bolt kit would come with it... Since I'd have that firepower I should probably go vert feed ($100 for a ULE), and after dropping that much cash it's stupid to have the heavy stock rail on there, so I'd ULE that or grab a new rail ($60). $500 bucks, and I've replaced literally everything on my Minimag. Not so bad considering I already had the Minimag, but it'd be pretty foolish to buy a classic 'mag and upgrade it. Then you just end up with a ULE 'mag and a classic 'mag you don't need.

Of course, at that point you've got a passable backup marker should you need it, and you also don't have to drop the cash all at once if that's an issue for you. It'll also really give you a chance to look around at possible upgrades for your 'mag rather than stepping into the 'mag world and having to pick your ideal setup immediately. Just some stuff to think about. :cheers:

Walrus
03-17-2006, 03:25 PM
The biggest thing you need to think about it your air source, as pointed out earlier. If you are going to go CO2 then get a classic valve Mag. If you are going HPA then get an X Valve Mag. There are many other factors that will also help determine your best setup. Are you a woodsballer, speedballer, casual player, are you on a budget, etc. These are questions you need to ask your self to help determine what you want and need. Most casual players that go out with their friends in the woods to play ususally can only get CO2 and a classic valved Mag suits them just fine. Others who play more of a speedball style and often can justify using a X-Valved Mag with HPA. And it can also go in reverse, but you get the point.

As for where to buy, go with Tunaman! That was the best decision that I ever made (besides getting AGD markers) :clap:

PS: As stated above, the cost of upgrading a classic is basically rediculous. I wouldn't buy a classic and then start upgrading, I would buy everything that you want and can afford up front. Then you can make a few small upgrades (like ULT and other small add-ons) later. Or just buy two!!