PDA

View Full Version : Jacobs trip to AGD

Jdogg
03-16-2006, 10:45 PM
Jacobs trip to AGD

It was a long drive about two hours away, got lost a few times but still made it!! Talked to the staff got to take a tour and talk to Dave, see one of the paintball markers made in 1972!!!! it was awsome getting to talk to Marica and the crew!!!!! had to race from a snow storm on the way home, and i picked up some rare parts!!!!!

Rock on agd!!!! i have been waiting to meet them since i started!!!!

etjoyride
03-16-2006, 10:56 PM
Thats awesome...lucky you

ICOM
03-16-2006, 11:02 PM
yea lucky youu

behemoth
03-16-2006, 11:16 PM
feel free to throw said 'rare parts' into the reball box, i wont mind.

Evil Bob
03-16-2006, 11:16 PM
Pictures! More info! What did Dave have to say about anything and everything?

-Evil Bob

peewee
03-16-2006, 11:17 PM
:eek: Did they let you in the basement?? Where they keep the elves... Did you get to see the new gun??

Rudz
03-16-2006, 11:20 PM
spill the beans..tell all..u have to...!!!!!! any concept elctros sitting around???!!! cmon!!!!

Jdogg
03-16-2006, 11:21 PM
no basement, i almost bought a elf..... and i wish i could say what the new thing is, i cant have dave cutting me off. no pics i didnt get my camera back in time and yes there were lots of electro mags laying around...... the emags....LOL. It really was awsome...we talked about AGD and the industry and he said there fine and still strong!!!! and laughs at the people who talk crap about mags online. in one case the guy who was downing AGD because he didnt get his stuff.... "maybe you shold PP the money then"

i did walk away with pump conversion parts a few!!!!!

neppo1345
03-16-2006, 11:48 PM
no basement, i almost bought a elf..... and i wish i could say what the new thing is, i cant have dave cutting me off. no pics i didnt get my camera back in time and yes there were lots of electro mags laying around...... the emags....LOL. It really was awsome...we talked about AGD and the industry and he said there fine and still strong!!!! and laughs at the people who talk crap about mags online. in one case the guy who was downing AGD because he didnt get his stuff.... "maybe you shold PP the money then"

/OMGZORZ SO jealous!

Mescalito
03-16-2006, 11:52 PM
damn i had no idea they were located so close.... maybe ill have to make a pilgramige myself...

Recon by Fire
03-17-2006, 02:46 AM
A few years ago when I was on the X-mag waiting list I had the oppertunity to visit AGD while I was in Chicago. My spouse and my mother both accompanied me there. What was surprising was that both of them after seeing the X-mags being assembled and learning about them, both thought they great and worth the $1350 I was investing in one. When is the last time your parent or spouse encouraged you to drop that kind of money on essentially, a toy? :hail:

REDRT
03-17-2006, 02:56 AM
When is the last time your parent or spouse encouraged you to drop that kind of money on essentially, a toy? :hail:

NEVER! Your a lucky man. You give me hope.

RoamingStorm
03-17-2006, 08:14 AM
Ive wanted to visit agd, but I doubt Id get the same welcome that you did. Its only an hour away from my house *speeding* so maybe Ill stop in there and see whats what when I get my project mag running again

grEnAlEins
03-17-2006, 08:34 AM
I too have always wanted to go, I've driven, but never stopped in. It is not more than a half hour away from my house, so I should really go. Maybe next time I am home from school for a weekend...

Cool post though, I bet the tour is outstanding.

tippmannsniper-
03-17-2006, 08:55 AM
where in illinois are they?, i live like on the des plains river so they must be close

Arstron
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM

Dont forget to share the wealth. ;)

I would love to make a visit to their shop some day, after all I have been shooting a mag for 7 years and have only had to send one in for warenty work, which was 7 years ago.. I think. Your a lucky man! :D

Jdogg
03-17-2006, 11:45 AM
the pump parts are up for sale

and AGD is in Wheeling

grEnAlEins
03-17-2006, 01:29 PM
where in illinois are they?, i live like on the des plains river so they must be close
libertyville? get out, I am from just outside of Gurnee. Cool. They (AGD) are in Wheeling, if memory serves me correctly.

EDIT: Yep, 804 Seton Court, Wheeling, IL 60090

GT
03-17-2006, 01:56 PM
I have always wanted to go.

sisco87
03-17-2006, 09:50 PM
:eek: ya. that is awesome.
i would love to go and visit there. i think i would really want to go just because i know i would learn a whole lot and meeting dave would be a pretty cool thing to do.

ahellers
03-18-2006, 08:19 AM
they should have a willy wonka and the automag factory contest. who ever finds the mag w/ the golden barrel will get a tour w/ singing elves.

REDRT
03-18-2006, 11:37 AM
they should have a willy wonka and the automag factory contest. who ever finds the mag w/ the golden barrel will get a tour w/ singing elves.

Humm, I have a golden Emag with a golden barrel. I'm in!!! The elves are in fact Umpa Lumpas I hear.

Jrhan762
03-19-2006, 11:51 AM
Yeah, I hear there's big money to be made in the underground elf trade; I've been trying to get my own distribution network going, but my supplier will only let me have fairies right now.

JRingold
03-19-2006, 11:57 AM
Jacobs trip to AGD

It was a long drive about two hours away, got lost a few times but still made it!! Talked to the staff got to take a tour and talk to Dave, see one of the paintball markers made in 1972!!!! it was awsome getting to talk to Marica and the crew!!!!! had to race from a snow storm on the way home, and i picked up some rare parts!!!!!

Rock on agd!!!! i have been waiting to meet them since i started!!!!

So is this "normal" customer treatment, or did you have an appointment? I need a software upgrade for my X-Mag, and I'm planning a trip to Chicago anyway...

Jdogg
03-19-2006, 01:13 PM
i am one up on reguler people but i dont see why you couldnt take it in and talk to them

Teamslayer76
03-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Awsome! I've always wanted to go! The only real place I've been to is PTP's place in FL. I forgot where it was but it rocked.

zorrotmm
03-19-2006, 06:49 PM
So is this "normal" customer treatment, or did you have an appointment? I need a software upgrade for my X-Mag, and I'm planning a trip to Chicago anyway...

I was there about a year ago, and it's not a problem for them to give tour unanounced. Trust me, it's not the halls of Moria. It's seriously like, three little rooms. Don't get me wrong, it's still cool and everything, it's just not the magical kingdom some of you are thinking of.

Arstron
03-19-2006, 06:53 PM
I was there about a year ago, and it's not a problem for them to give tour unanounced. Trust me, it's not the halls of Moria. It's seriously like, three little rooms. Don't get me wrong, it's still cool and everything, it's just not the magical kingdom some of you are thinking of.

I guess they didnt show you the dungeon with the Umpa Lumpas and evles. On the outside it looks like just a small place, but underground there is a huge complex similar to racoon city. :headbang:

grEnAlEins
03-19-2006, 06:57 PM
I guess they didnt show you the dungeon with the Umpa Lumpas and evles. On the outside it looks like just a small place, but underground there is a huge complex similar to racoon city. :headbang:
and you cant beat the ride to the basement, the Wonka-vator kicks serious rear!! :p

Jdogg
03-19-2006, 07:16 PM

it could of be done in a pick up truck.... it was sweet

anomoly40
03-19-2006, 08:18 PM

Yeah it's not the Halls of Moranis, its the home of our Gods work. It's like walking in and God showing you 3 or 4 universe's he hasn't finished yet. Three little rooms of the amazing R&D AGD is known for, I'd almost drive up there for that.