PDA

View Full Version : Autococker E-Frame Survey Results

UThomas
03-17-2006, 02:36 PM
I wasn't able to get all the analysis I wanted (I learned the free version of Survey Monkey didn't let me do much) - but here are some of my findings:

-Half of respondents own more than one autococker
-approx 20% of folks own multipe different E-frames
-Eblade 2's are #1 in market pentration at 47%
-There appear to be 3 "tiers" of customer interest, with #1 being price, #2 being ACE, Ergonomics, and Support. The final group is Programming Ease, Looks, and Battery Life.
-The MOST people are willing to pay for beam break eyes. People are willing to pay the most for bluetooth. There is also high value on a USB interface, LCD, and a rechargeable battery packs.
-Significant numbers of people are not that willing to pay more for 90 degree frames (surprised me!) - but the few that want it will pay for it.
-Most respondents prefer tournament play.
-40% of respondents play 3-4 times a month.
-35% of respondents spend $1100+ every 6 months on gear
-40% of respondents make over $75k
-35% of respondents are over age 24

Full results (arts and crafts - charts and graphs) can be found here:

http://home.comcast.net/~thomas_mitchell/AC_Paper.doc

Enjoy - Thomas

Banshee23
03-17-2006, 03:10 PM
Pretty cool survey, although I think that people were lying through their teeth on the income question there. 88% of the people said they were between 16-34, and 50% of those said they make $50k+ (actually the largest % said $75k+) Ummmm, I don't think so :rolleyes: I live in what would be considered nationally a wealthy area (Bergen County, NJ) and most of the players around here aren't pulling that kind of cash. Factor in other areas of the country where the pay scales are nowhere near what they are around here & there's just no way that's accurate. Maybe there's some exclusive wealthy PB club around here that I've never seen where all of these guys play...

UThomas
03-17-2006, 03:16 PM
Yea, its household income, so that doesn't surprise me too much, especially relative to the spending and playing habits. You'd have to make that much to play that much and spend that on gear :)

Banshee23
03-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Doh! I didn't see the household part :) So autococker owners for the most part have some decently paid parents, does make alot more sense.