PDA

View Full Version : i feel really stupid now....

Cow hunter
03-17-2006, 11:12 PM
well today i felt like i knew nothing about mags, it was unbelivable....... so ive got a few questions, but first a story, and please note this is as close as i can remember it happening

So today i went down to the local paintball store, which IMO the prices are pretty high..... i went to get my friend a new feedneck for his ion as a present. As i go to the store the only one there is the owner, who is a real interesting person, and has two facial expressions, straight poker face, and angry sneer. i begin to talk to him, hes nice enough, then i ask him if he carries angel threaded feednecks.He asks if i have an angel, and i say "no its for a mag" He looks at me as if i were stupid and says "they dont use angel threaded feednecks" i assure him they do, and he sayd that not all of them do, i agree, becuase he is the official on everythg paintball, and in some way is most likley to be right. then i ask him his opinion on mags and he tells me they're outdated. Asking him why, he says "because they're old".
***at this point, im using a diolague, its faster***
Me;"so everything old is oudated?"
Him;"not really, just mags, and i dont like the concept that they work exactly like a nail gun, back in the day those were the hottest thing around, i loved em, they were overdesigned for their time, but now theyre outdated"
Me;"ok.... but can something outdated do 32bps?"
Him;"nothing can"
Me;"are you sure? have you ever seen he Q loader or Halo victory board testing by Zak vetter? Put 2200 unregulated psi into a mag valve, then used a computer sound graph thing"
Him;"you dont mean the sound chronoghraph used by real guns do you? It is not only proven innaccurate, but nothing can do a full 32bps, the clostest possible is 27bps. Sure some things can CYCLE 32cps, but not full cycles, therefore not counting as shots'
Me;"alright....."
him;"trust me, i have actiley been playing paintball for 19 years, i am a certified gunsmith and a certified airsmith, i know what i am talking about, if you are going to disagree with me, you need more of a prepaedness than that"
Me;"have you heard about the X valve though?"
Him" i have, it is exactly the same as any other mag valve, except it is lighter, and uses lighter pressure in the bolt"
Me;"do you mean more pressure to cause reactiveness?"
Him;"no i mean there is less of a pressure in the bolt"
(at this point im lost, and feel like i know nothing, i go on talking about things unimportant, and are consistanly either proven wrong, or "aced" by him in some way. I decide to leave, saying how sorry i was for questioning him, i really meant it, he did seem to know mroe than anyone i have ever met)

So now i feel like i can never go back there for doubting him, but id like to know

1; what other mainbodies use anything other than angel threads?
2;Is it true what he said? can nothing do 32bps?
3;what did he mean by the X valve comment?
4;I pesonally dont think they're outdated, but what do you guys here think?
5; was i bieng an idiot?
6; was i even correct on what i said?

EDit; 7; how could i prove that a mag can do 32bps?(remember he claims everything ive seen is false)

behemoth
03-17-2006, 11:16 PM
Hit the store owner in the teeth with a baseball bat.

Then take any angel threaded neck you want.

And the cash drawer contents.

geekwarrior
03-17-2006, 11:20 PM

your solutions to problems rock :headbang:

mobsterboy
03-17-2006, 11:24 PM
ok,
1)None, its either pf, vert or angel threaded, and the other two take elbows
2)BS
3)He prob wanted to save face for his ignorance, which has blinded him
4)Well, no, they aren't. Once fully done my HyperMag will be running against the best and brightest, aka Dm's Pm's, Shockers, Cockers, Ions, Nerves etc...
5)No, its called DITH syndrome(Deer in the headlights). Basically he pulled random crap facts out of his gluteus and it was so apauling to you that someone would even think to say something so ridiculous about mags that you drew a blank.
6)The angel threading was correct, the 32 bps was correct, and if you told him his ignorance is blinding him and it will be his undoing, you would be correct. There is not "lower pressure" behind the bolt. The Xvalve was a redesigned valve to produce a more reactive trigger pull.

I once had a "certified tech" tell me that all automag valves are the same and the only ROF difference is how fast we can actually pull the trigger. Of course, i stared him straight in the face and told him to never speak of, touch or tech automags ever again. People are just dumb.

mobsterboy
03-17-2006, 11:26 PM

Point of reference here, just the TEETH, not the mouth, nose, lips or face. So tell him to smile :D

By the way, if you went for an ion feedneck, how the subject for angel feednecks? ions use the imp/ion threads

Rudz
03-17-2006, 11:27 PM

why stop at feednecks? id go for atleast a case of paint atleast...a couple barrels...u should gouge his eye out too....

Cow hunter
03-17-2006, 11:28 PM
Point of reference here, just the TEETH, not the mouth, nose, lips or face. So tell him to smile :D

By the way, if you went for an ion feedneck, how the subject for angel feednecks? ions use the imp/ion threads
i was wondering if i could get a feedneck for my mag, so i asked if he had angel feednecks.......

he didnt have any, but even if he did i wouldnt of paid $42

why stop at feednecks? id go for atleast a case of paint atleast...a couple barrels...u should gouge his eye out too....
if i were to take anything, id load up my van

REDRT
03-17-2006, 11:29 PM

There is a job for you on Politically Incorrect. :rofl: :cry: :rofl:

etjoyride
03-17-2006, 11:31 PM
I would write down a few known resources, maybe get a copy of the zak vetter video, and then go back and show up that stupid(or dillusioned) store owner to what real facts are.

REDRT
03-17-2006, 11:46 PM
ok,
1)None, its either pf, vert or angel threaded, and the other two take elbows
2)BS
3)He prob wanted to save face for his ignorance, which has blinded him
4)Well, no, they aren't. Once fully done my HyperMag will be running against the best and brightest, aka Dm's Pm's, Shockers, Cockers, Ions, Nerves etc...
5)No, its called DITH syndrome(Deer in the headlights). Basically he pulled random crap facts out of his gluteus and it was so apauling to you that someone would even think to say something so ridiculous about mags that you drew a blank.
6)The angel threading was correct, the 32 bps was correct, and if you told him his ignorance is blinding him and it will be his undoing, you would be correct. There is not "lower pressure" behind the bolt. The Xvalve was a redesigned valve to produce a more reactive trigger pull.

I once had a "certified tech" tell me that all automag valves are the same and the only ROF difference is how fast we can actually pull the trigger. Of course, i stared him straight in the face and told him to never speak of, touch or tech automags ever again. People are just dumb.

The X valve was a break threw in weight savings and the first aluminum Mag valve, but it has slightly smaller ports than the SS valves I do believe. I'm not positive, but I would say that might not be correct. Seems to me I read somewhere here about this. Not that there is any noticable difference in the recharge time or trigger feel.

ThePixelGuru
03-17-2006, 11:48 PM
I would write down a few known resources, maybe get a copy of the zak vetter video, and then go back and show up that stupid(or dillusioned) store owner to what real facts are.
First you should make a bet with him since he obviously knows so much. Say, $50 vs a feedneck? ;)

AGD
03-18-2006, 02:01 AM
Go back there and tell him you talked to Tom Kaye and he was surprised the store owner was still around.

Tell him Tom thought you died of stupidity....

AGD

pachytriton
03-18-2006, 02:13 AM
It would be awesome to get this shop owner to read this thread!

BigEvil
03-18-2006, 05:00 AM
Go back there and tell him you talked to Tom Kaye and he was surprised the store owner was still around.

AGD

Then hit him with the bat. Leave a PBNation sticker on his unconscience body to throw the cops off.

Geoff Call
03-18-2006, 06:49 AM

AGD

Ahahahaha

Cow hunter
03-18-2006, 09:01 AM

AGD
now i have real proof! do you confirm that a mag can do 32bps?

slade
03-18-2006, 10:26 AM
theres this ref at my field.

he claims he got an ironman matrix up past 30 BPS legally.

he actually claimed that the electronic BPS counter on markers is reliable.

to support that, he claimed that markers are very cheap to make, but its the board that makes them so expensive.

he started talking about how "vortex effects" in the airflow to my cocker LPR would cause shootdown... and to make it worse this is a mech cocker that cant top 10 bps, and the LPR.

he was amazed that there was a point where turning up the HPR on my cocker would lower the velocity.

he field checked my velocity during a game because he saw me change the LPR pressure on my cocker because the trigger was sticking... he thought the cocking pressure would change the velocity.

while talking about a certain electropneumatic marker, he started saying that the engineers added a "supercharger" to the air lines to "speed up" the air traveling from the solenoid.

he accused dave and i of "arguing for the sake of argument" when we knew he was right.

he said sidewinders are aweful regs and require constant maintenance.

my friend dave and i had a good time making fun of everything he said.

hes been playing for around 10 years, hes a good player and a great ref.

but never trust what anyone says on the basis of their job or time in the sport.

you still suck.

but thats the best post youve made. thats exactly what this ref does, and it seems far too many people do.

oh, and i almost forgot. you should feel stupid. you actually believed what this guy said.

Tack
03-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Don't feel stupid, sometimes the most ignorant people in our sport are the ones that think they know everything. This guy may be a "Certified" air and gun tech but that dosn't mean squat if they have preconceptions about certin markers. My former buis. partner got his master airtech certification and enjoyed spouting about this and that all the time. When it came to actually working on equipment he didn't know his butt from a hole in the ground. He refused to work on anything that didn't cost an arm and a leg since he was a "Master Air Tech" and tippmanns and Spyders were below his skill level. I have no airteching classes under my belt, just 12 years of experience and a general appreciation of paintball markers. With this knowledge I repaired almost every type of marker on the market today by either reading the manual or calling the tech staff at the factory and letting them walk me through the job.

As for trying to make this guy see your point and prove him wrong, I wouldn't try. If someone is stuck in their ways about something, it is very hard to get them to change their minds. You cound bring all the information in the world and even have Tom drop by the store and talk to the guy and I doubt it would make a difference. Just ignore his stupidity and try to deal with others.

athomas
03-18-2006, 12:43 PM
There are lots of guns that can do 32bps if you can feed them air fast enough. Its all in the regulators. It just happens that AGDs built in regulator can supply the high flow and is so close the the front of the valve that it suffers less from airline restriction than other valves.

The Xvalve is exactly the same as the classic valve from a standpoint of firing a shot, except it does have a lighter trigger pull due to the smaller lower section of the on-off pin. Its the regulator that is different, which increases its reactivity and recharge rate by feeding the unregulated air directly to the front chamber. The regulator works by shutting off the air source once the pressure reaches the set level.

The mag valve is probably the only valve that can take a full 3000psi input and actually function.

If you really look closely at a lot of paintball gun designs, they are based on similar concepts. Most of these concepts have been around for a while and have just been refined to work better in this application. That being said, Mags are no more outdated than any other paintball gun technology, especially with the new level 10 and ULT updates.

RoamingStorm
03-18-2006, 12:52 PM
Ive heard the same thing from other people, because they were the top of the line once and "better technology" has come out since.

In my opinion agd is still ahead of the times now, they just came out with the technology before anybody else

GOD FORBID MY XMAG HAS BEEN AROUND FOR 5 YEARS AND STILL KEEPS UP WITH DM5'S

fin

-RS

bentothejam1n
03-18-2006, 03:05 PM
Ahh I hate those people who always think they are right. Like my friend colin. He thinks that SP doesnt have quality control problems even though he had to send his gun in twice, he also was convinced that JT makes Tac ones, and still is convinced that a cocker pump is the most accurrate gun out even after I let him see TK's stufy on it

AGD
Only if we had sigs :(
/Tom Kaye in.... Chuck Norris out
//Its kind of surprising that no one has done the "I work for ......" yet

slade
03-18-2006, 03:15 PM
Ahh I hate those people who always think they are right. Like my friend colin. He thinks that SP doesnt have quality control problems even though he had to send his gun in twice, he also was convinced that JT makes Tac ones, and still is convinced that a cocker pump is the most accurrate gun out even after I let him see TK's stufy on it
hey, i never said that! SP QC sucks.

and JT makes the Tac-5, a tactical spyder knockoff.

Stealth Fighter
03-18-2006, 03:18 PM
Now, before I get flamed for this, I know this trigger never launched, but rumor has it that PTP has some similar to this that they are putting into the milling process. But this vid shows how fast a mag can be w/o electronic grip frames, then ask him to show you one that is non-reactive or non-electronic thats faster.

http://www.arowmic.com/portals/1/dw/videos/dw.hair.trigger.video.mpg

Cow hunter
03-18-2006, 03:24 PM
Now, before I get flamed for this, I know this trigger never launched, but rumor has it that PTP has some similar to this that they are putting into the milling process. But this vid shows how fast a mag can be w/o electronic grip frames, then ask him to show you one that is non-reactive or non-electronic thats faster.

im assuming youre a bit new here, but this is old news.... couple people here have done it, its called a pneu-mag

slade
03-18-2006, 03:27 PM

...lolz.

RoamingStorm
03-18-2006, 03:27 PM
as soon as I saw your post Cow I knew he was talking about the H.A.I.R. trigger (anyone know the acronym?) ya its old news it would have come out along time ago if ________ *cant recall company* hadnt claimed patent infringement

Stealth Fighter
03-18-2006, 03:31 PM
im assuming youre a bit new here, but this is old news.... couple people here have done it, its called a pneu-mag

1. Actually no, I was around this forum in 2003 when then hype around this trigger began to erupt, then I was forced to get out of paintball due to money problems and such, but now I'm back and have been pretty well updated.

2. If you read my posts I said "I know this frame never launched" then I said "rumor has it PTP is making a similar one in the milling process now". The second part is a rumor if you look for the pnuemag thread on the second or third page in Paintball Talk and go to the last page you will see that these rumors begin to emerge.

3. I posted that link so he could show the shop manager or whatever that mags are not slow old artifacts, but guns that are going to erupt if PTP does launch a pnuemag trigger.

That is all.

Cow hunter
03-18-2006, 03:33 PM
1. Actually no, I was around this forum in 2003 when then hype around this trigger began to erupt, then I was forced to get out of paintball due to money problems and such, but now I'm back and have been pretty well updated.

2. If you read my posts I said "I know this frame never launched" then I said "rumor has it PTP is making a similar one in the milling process now". The second part is a rumor if you look for the pnuemag thread on the second or third page in Paintball Talk and go to the last page you will see that these rumors begin to emerge.

3. I posted that link so he could show the shop manager or whatever that mags are not slow old artifacts, but guns that are going to erupt if PTP does launch a pnuemag trigger.

That is all.
ahh gotcha, probably should have mentioned that in your first post

Stealth Fighter
03-18-2006, 03:35 PM
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=168243&page=6&pp=30

Last post on the page says that they are coming. Whether or not this is true, I don't know, but I have hope.

Cow hunter
03-18-2006, 03:38 PM
hmm i havent seen that one, but i heard another rumor that for some reason someone is dropping a patent and some company was going to make a do-it-yourself kit that was all done, just needed a grip frame and installation

Stealth Fighter
03-18-2006, 03:45 PM
hmm i havent seen that one, but i heard another rumor that for some reason someone is dropping a patent and some company was going to make a do-it-yourself kit that was all done, just needed a grip frame and installation

That would be nice, that way I don't have to gut a pnuemag frame to install it in the ultimate mech frame I am getting.

mobsterboy
03-18-2006, 03:48 PM
you still suck.

but thats the best post youve made. thats exactly what this ref does, and it seems far too many people do.

Get back in the kitchen, Martha, before I sick Derek on you

slade
03-18-2006, 03:56 PM
Get back in the kitchen, Martha, before I sick Derek on you
yes, because you totally have control over derek.

youre so whipped youre the envy of masochists everywhere.

and i still dont know why you think we like you.

bentothejam1n
03-18-2006, 06:32 PM
hey, i never said that! SP QC sucks.

and JT makes the Tac-5, a tactical spyder knockoff.

Silly slade. No this colin is around 300lbs and like 6'5.... no muscle :cry:

mobsterboy
03-18-2006, 07:00 PM
yes, because you totally have control over derek.

youre so whipped youre the envy of masochists everywhere.

and i still dont know why you think we like you.

Whos "we"? Derek and I get along just fine bud

minimag03
03-18-2006, 08:05 PM
3) technically this could be considered correct (some of this atleast). The X-valve comes with a lvl 10 that does put less pressure on the ball. I'm not talking about PSI pressure, but physical pressure.

slade
03-18-2006, 08:51 PM
Silly slade. No this colin is around 300lbs and like 6'5.... no muscle :cry:
so basically the exact opposite of me, right? :)

Whos "we"? Derek and I get along just fine bud
oh man, i guess i just got owned :(

behemoth
03-18-2006, 09:13 PM
so basically the exact opposite of me, right? :)

oh man, i guess i just got owned :(

ORLY?

Jrhan762
03-19-2006, 11:42 AM

We need to make a training video: "Fighting Ignorance and Getting What You Want -- The Behemoth Way!"

...And a quick question: Can I substitute the bat for a pipe wrench? Or is the bat Standard Operating Procedure? I don't have a bat, and I've always enjoyed the heft of my pipe wrench...

RoamingStorm
03-19-2006, 11:48 AM
I still think the ultimate would be Tom taking 10 minutes out of his busy schedule and calling this idiot and saying

"Hello Mr. ____ this is Tom Kaye, former president of AGD, I heard you had a conversation the other day with my friend ______ (cow hunters name). I just wanted to express to you how utterly stupid I think you are. Survival of the fittest is an exception in your case, my guns will outshoot any gun on the market in the hands of the proper individual, and can cycle 32 bps. Now sir you are free to do us all a favor, and get out of paintball and never speak of it again. You have wasted 19 years of your life and still know nothing. good day"

Tom would you do that?

-RS

JRingold
03-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Sometimes it's just too difficult to cure stupidity. Most people don't want to learn anyway, they just like to be ignorant.

Coralis
03-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Theres an old saying "If you cant impress them with your knowledge, then baffle them with bulls*** ". So are you impressed yet ?

Cow hunter
03-19-2006, 03:55 PM
I still think the ultimate would be Tom taking 10 minutes out of his busy schedule and calling this idiot and saying

"Hello Mr. ____ this is Tom Kaye, former president of AGD, I heard you had a conversation the other day with my friend ______ (cow hunters name). I just wanted to express to you how utterly stupid I think you are. Survival of the fittest is an exception in your case, my guns will outshoot any gun on the market in the hands of the proper individual, and can cycle 32 bps. Now sir you are free to do us all a favor, and get out of paintball and never speak of it again. You have wasted 19 years of your life and still know nothing. good day"

Tom would you do that?

-RS
that would make my whole freakin year!

ooh and a new development today! i was out playing paintball in the local woods and one of my friends shows up a half hour late. I asked him why he was late and he shows me his brand new ICD promaster he just bought at this local store. He tells me the guy i dont like set it up, and it took him 20 minuites to set up the grip frame (basically just put in a battery). then he almost had my friend sucked into buying a halo B, because he told my friend "this thing (the promaster) can supposedly do like 32bps, i really dont know them too well", i almost cried i was laughing so hard.

slade
03-19-2006, 06:56 PM
then he almost had my friend sucked into buying a halo B, because he told my friend "this thing (the promaster) can supposedly do like 32bps, i really dont know them too well", i almost cried i was laughing so hard.
technically, its probably capable of around that, although you wont reach it. a halo would still be reccomended...

Cow hunter
03-19-2006, 07:13 PM
technically, its probably capable of around that, although you wont reach it. a halo would still be reccomended...
no no, the way my friend said it, he thought it was an all the time thing, and he was turned off by the fac that the halo costs $120
then add to that the fact that the day before this moron in the store told me nothing can do more than 27bps

SummaryJudgement
03-20-2006, 02:31 PM
Then hit him with the bat. Leave a PBNation sticker on his unconscience body to throw the cops off.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

ebmoney08
03-20-2006, 06:11 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Id have to agree!!!
:rofl:

rob123456789
09-08-2006, 04:16 PM

thats what im sayin

slade
09-08-2006, 04:25 PM
thats what im sayin
...usually when one revives a long-dead thread, one has a useful or logical purpose past the level of "QFT".

WARPED1
09-08-2006, 04:40 PM

AGD
OMG! That's friggen great! :) :rofl: :bounce: :hail: :dance: :cheers:

pump
09-08-2006, 06:00 PM
He asks if i have an angel, and i say "no its for a mag" He looks at me as if i were stupid and says "they dont use angel threaded feednecks" i assure him they do, and he sayd that not all of them do, i agree,well duh not all of them....so just say, "SO MINE DOES SO JUST SELL ME A DAMN FEEDNECK YOU NAZI" shouting just like that

or just say, "ULE bodies do and thats what i need"

Me;"ok.... but can something outdated do 32bps?"
Him;"nothing can"
Me;"are you sure? have you ever seen he Q loader or Halo victory board testing by Zak vetter? Put 2200 unregulated psi into a mag valve, then used a computer sound graph thing"
Him;"you dont mean the sound chronoghraph used by real guns do you? It is not only proven innaccurate, but nothing can do a full 32bps, the clostest possible is 27bps. Sure some things can CYCLE 32cps, but not full cycles, therefore not counting as shots'
Me;"alright....."
just show him the video and tell him hes behind on the times

him;"trust me, i have actiley been playing paintball for 19 years, i am a certified gunsmith and a certified airsmith, i know what i am talking about, if you are going to disagree with me, you need more of a prepaedness than that"
you "but you dont know about mags, it seems you need more preparedness, to learn of new innovations and advancements"
"hey i disagree with people who are wrong, i dont need much preparedness for that, learn your facts"

Me;"have you heard about the X valve though?"
Him" i have, it is exactly the same as any other mag valve, except it is lighter, and uses lighter pressure in the bolt"
Me;"do you mean more pressure to cause reactiveness?"
Him;"no i mean there is less of a pressure in the bolt"
explain the X valve and then explain the LVLX bolt, and then explain how hes confused and uninformed of how each work

but honestly you lost the arguement, but thats ok, just show him the points where he was wrong, the BPS and X valve, then when he opens his stinky mouth, then shut him down. rememeber he will denigh your words are being false, you just need ot site yourself using AGD manuals and whatnot

EDit; 7; how could i prove that a mag can do 32bps?(remember he claims everything ive seen is false)
the vid is the only way, tell him a computer is a TV with a keyboard, if he denighs video, then let him fester with his falsehoods

yeah do that if logic and reason dont work with him

AGD
i love you

skipdogg
09-09-2006, 02:35 PM
When Tom gets nasty it gives me goosebumps. You go girl!!! All these years of being THE nice guy is starting to wear off a little bit... I like it.

bentothejam1n
09-09-2006, 03:56 PM
i had him quoted in my pbnation sig for awhile

SR_matt
09-10-2006, 09:42 AM
When Tom gets nasty it gives me goosebumps. You go girl!!! All these years of being THE nice guy is starting to wear off a little bit... I like it.
hmm thats crazy... it gave me goosebumps too
-matt

Cow hunter
09-10-2006, 08:35 PM
i had him quoted in my pbnation sig for awhile
hes been in my PBN sig since he posted that, it is my absolute favorite TK quote

Chronobreak
09-10-2006, 09:09 PM
gah, people should put a warning when they resurect a 5 month old thread

well anyways i missed this one and glad it was upd

best post by tom ever :clap:

kinda funny story, i had a similar encounter with a local store owner, whoe tried to get me to buy an e-bladed cocker because he can pull 35 on his :tard:

Cow hunter
09-10-2006, 09:43 PM
gah, people should put a warning when they resurect a 5 month old thread

well anyways i missed this one and glad it was upd

best post by tom ever :clap:

kinda funny story, i had a similar encounter with a local store owner, whoe tried to get me to buy an e-bladed cocker because he can pull 35 on his :tard:
well if you want some updates, here they are...

tried to sell a nerve for $750, i told him it was like $450 on actionvillage, he glared at me and said hed sell it for however much he wanted....

just yesterday he displayed a massive show of ignorance....again.... i asked him if he sold DM chips, stock or aftermarket, for use in my soon to be Un1 board'd angel, he said that no matter what you did an angel wont use DM programming...... after fruitless atemots to explain myself, i just left...

/gah i absolutley HATE his face...... its a face that says "STFU and listen good cause im right....always.... and you are stupid for even trying to think"

shorty24
09-10-2006, 09:56 PM
Odds are highly in his favor that natural selection's gonna catch up to him pretty quick...

/or TK will
//either way, i wanna be there :ninja:

behemoth
09-10-2006, 09:58 PM
Wow, i forgot about my comment.

apparently i was like, amazingly funny or something?

Who revived this thread anyways?

/PORCH.

shorty24
09-10-2006, 10:05 PM
Wow, i forgot about my comment.

apparently i was like, amazingly funny or something?

Who revived this thread anyways?

/PORCH.

I remember reading this post when it was first up. Your first reply to his problem was quite possibly the most funny thing I've ever read on this forum. I literally fell of my chair laughing. And then it just got better... Man, i LOVE ao!!!

behemoth
09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
I remember reading this post when it was first up. Your first reply to his problem was quite possibly the most funny thing I've ever read on this forum. I literally fell of my chair laughing. And then it just got better... Man, i LOVE ao!!!

re-think the last part of that post...

AO sucks, and I made the comment, ergo, you love me.

homo.

shorty24
09-10-2006, 11:56 PM
well geez, when you put it that way...now i feel nasty...

trevorjk
09-11-2006, 02:18 AM
i know TK called the owner and Idiot so thats enough proof right there. but i hardly saw links, so heres a few more things for ya

(please correct me if im wrong on anything)

1; what other mainbodies use anything other than angel threads?
2;Is it true what he said? can nothing do 32bps?
3;what did he mean by the X valve comment?
4;I pesonally dont think they're outdated, but what do you guys here think?
5; was i bieng an idiot?
6; was i even correct on what i said?
7; how could i prove that a mag can do 32bps?

all of the stainless steal automag bodies do not except new threaded feadnecks, unless you tap/weld a new one on. the only automag bodies that take feednecks are the ULE bodies. and those ARE angel threaded feednecks

http://www.zakvetter.com/pages/paintballs/z-man_videos/zman_videos_main.html

'Nuff said

to the video with an E-mag and Viking both doing over 30bps http://www.zakvetter.com/images/paintballs/z-man_videos/classic_rt_32bps_movie.jpg

i believe he meant the passage above the on/off pin? if i remember correctly when they made the xvalve, the passage for the air was a HAIR smaller in diameter compared to the RT valves to try and reduce the reactivity. and honestly even if that is true, here is a video of a RogueMag (basically a ULE mag with X-Valve) http://www.zakvetter.com/paintball_videos/34bps.mov

if they were outdated, how comes there is only 1 other gun (that some people also call out dated) out there that actually has a video of it shooting in excess of 30 bps with no chops?

so yeah um... self explanatory :p

5. 6. and 7.

you were not being an idiot, as a good customer you were asking questions. you were actually better informed then most wich is a good thing. and i posted links for proof ;)

nerobro
09-11-2006, 05:22 AM
just yesterday he displayed a massive show of ignorance....again.... i asked him if he sold DM chips, stock or aftermarket, for use in my soon to be Un1 board'd angel, he said that no matter what you did an angel wont use DM programming...... after fruitless atemots to explain myself, i just left...

/gah i absolutley HATE his face...... its a face that says "STFU and listen good cause im right....always.... and you are stupid for even trying to think"

Never, ever, admit when you're trying to do a custom install. Especially to people with ego's like that. If I ever admitted to doing what I was giong to do with motorcycle parts I'd be laughed out of the dealerships. *grins* You obviously know what you're doing. Keep doing it.

And just something to blow that shopowners mind, you could tell him you've heard of a guy using a spyder board in an angel. (I've done it... Azemoth sold it here IIRC..)

Lenny
09-12-2006, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by Cow hunter

Well... after you get it working, bring it in and show him. I'm sure he'll still argue you, but at least he'll feel like an idiot while doing so.