PDA

View Full Version : Rail question

topazpaintball
03-18-2006, 05:43 PM
What aftermarket rails, if any, can take a twist-lock minimag body?

Mescalito
03-18-2006, 05:53 PM
logic alpha rails do if im not mistaken

topazpaintball
03-18-2006, 06:20 PM
Thanks! I really like the minimag body, but I hate the rail.

magman007
03-19-2006, 05:15 PM
just look at the pim hole in the rail, and if it has a twist lock assy hole. if the pim hole (where the front grip frame screw screws into) is oval shaped, like the bottom of the minimag body, then it will fit, if it is round, like the ule, and other SS bodys(e-mag etc) then it will not fit without modification to the minimag body.

wanna-b-ballin'
03-19-2006, 06:03 PM
my RT Pro rail has a twistlock assembly hole, and a round peg hole for the body. i dremmeled my minimag body to fit it.
i'm not useing the body anymore, so if anybody wants to put some money in my paypal account, they will recieve something nice in the mail.

ThePixelGuru
03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
RogueRails w/Twist Lock Assembly Hole
Dallara Rails w/Twist Lock Assembly Hole
Omega Rails
Eclipse Rails
Benchmark Rails
TASO Rails
I know anything milled from an AM/MM rail will work... But nothing milled from an RT-type rail will work, yeah?

Speaking of this - has anyone made a "Automag Parts Compatability" topic? Just be good to have one place to check to know which parts will work with what, and, if they don't, to know why they don't.

topazpaintball
03-20-2006, 03:00 PM
RogueRails were custom machined, and some of them will accept MiniMag bodies(most wont, because the twist lock hole was machined away).

As I recall, the RT Pro Style Tac-1 rails also have this custom machining(rectangular and circular PIM hole) for SS bodies.

Some of the Dallara ULE rails will not accept SS Bodies, as the twist lock hole was machined.

To make it simple, the only rails that will take stock Automag/MiniMag bodies must have 2 things:

1) Sqaure PIM hole
2) Twist Lock hole

Hope this helps!

It helps a lot. Where can I find omega, Rogue, and eclipse rails though?

Dryden
03-20-2006, 03:15 PM
It helps a lot. Where can I find omega, Rogue, and eclipse rails though?I'd post a "want to buy" notice in the Misc Classifieds here on AO for an Omega rail. Somebody will have one to sell. Expect to pay $60+ for a gloss black one (where a regular rail might go for $20), and possibly upwards of a $80-$100 for chrome, but IMHO if you've got the cash, they're worth every penny.

topazpaintball
03-20-2006, 03:17 PM
I was thinking of buying one of Doc's drop-in cocker breechs, and having him convert it to vert feed. I just really like mini bodies :dance:

topazpaintball
03-20-2006, 03:46 PM
Really?

Ive always found that the black ones are more in demand than chrome. By an easy margin.

Black parts are always cheaper though.

Dryden
03-20-2006, 04:15 PM
Really?

Ive always found that the black ones are more in demand than chrome. By an easy margin.From my experience chrome rails were selling for $20+ what black rails were, although the last time I was actively looking for an Omega was about a year ago.

I picked one up on AO last August that would've passed for mint/new if it had the original box. Aside from being in flawless cosmetic condition, it included a like new sear and pin, bushing, and one of your original non gas thru foregrips. The entire package was under $70. Chrome ones were usually listed at that time for $85, occassionally up to $100.

If black Omegas now sell for $125 or more, then that's news to me. :)