PDA

View Full Version : new parts, lvl 10 not working

blinky1041
03-19-2006, 08:34 AM
I have an x-valve with lvl 10 bolt that was tuned perfectly for my gun and chrono'd at about 265. Recently I replace my rail and barrel. It was an old eclipse splash kit with an All american and now I have an omega rail with a freak barrel. The problem I'm running into is that the bolt doesn't cycle now with the barrel in place. When the trigger is pulled, the bolt moves forward a fraction of an inch, sometimes it vents a bit, sometimes it doesn't. If I take the barrel out it cycles fine. One thing that might be affecting this is that the rear bushing on the rail that goes into the trigger frame is missing and I haven't had time to get another. I realize that this would make the valve sit back a little farther in the frame and might change the effect of the shims but I don't understand how the barrel would affect the cycling of the marker. Thanks for the help.

blinky

Tunaman
03-19-2006, 09:42 AM
You NEED to have that rail bushing in there. It wont work without it. Second, check to see if your level 10 bolt will fit in your barrel. Some barrels are just too small .

blinky1041
03-19-2006, 10:16 AM
Thanks tuna, I'll pick one up asap. The bolt does fit into the barrel, I did check that.