PDA

View Full Version : my street is a river.

master_alexander
03-19-2006, 01:51 PM
ok so im in a town called mansfield. DFW area. well im looking outside, and its been raining today and yesterday. i looked outside and my street is a river. im kinda worried because i live on a corner, and to the left there is a culdasack (sp) and it is completley fludded. across the cudasack there is the farmers land and it is almost a lake. my father has had to backwash the pool (hose to get water out) and its been running for 10 minutes and it has only gotten 2 inches out.

another thing im kinda worried about is hit and run paintball. they got fludded and were down for a while and it might even be on their site, idk. but the water was up to the counters in the proshop. they had rental mags, and most of them worked after. haha.

i would get pics but i cant zoom in enough and there is no way im leaving my house.

annyone else around here want to share?

etjoyride
03-19-2006, 02:18 PM
my backyard is flooding(and i haven't even looked out by the pool :D ....i guess we'll have to wait and see how the fields around here are

Indignant
03-19-2006, 02:35 PM
Ahhhh. (http://www.weather.com/outlook/homeandgarden/pets/local/95337?from=hp_promolocator1&lswe=95337&lwsa=Weather36HourPetsCommand)

billybob_81067
03-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Send some of it up here to southeastern Colorado... we're drier than a popcorn fart!

lol

Cow hunter
03-19-2006, 04:03 PM
we got snow flurries today...

skife
03-20-2006, 10:33 AM
so yeah.... in the greater grand rapids area of michigan we got alot of rain and with the snow melting it made this river flood over the road like an inch and a half, stupid me i drove through it, the car stalled and sucked water into the motor.... BAM hydrolocked.... i pulled the plugs and turned the motor over and shot all the water out but now no spark :(

Lohman446
03-20-2006, 11:12 AM
so yeah.... in the greater grand rapids area of michigan we got alot of rain and with the snow melting it made this river flood over the road like an inch and a half, stupid me i drove through it, the car stalled and sucked water into the motor.... BAM hydrolocked.... i pulled the plugs and turned the motor over and shot all the water out but now no spark :(

A) change the oil, not because of lack of spark but because water sucks at lubricating and the rings are probably not perfectly sealed

B) Cap / rotor / wires / module / coil. Take your pick and start from there (ok, should see where you have spark and where you don't). Good luck, you might get lucky and give it time to dry out if you have someplace warm you can put it in and leave the hood up.

skife
03-20-2006, 12:52 PM
A) change the oil, not because of lack of spark but because water sucks at lubricating and the rings are probably not perfectly sealed

B) Cap / rotor / wires / module / coil. Take your pick and start from there (ok, should see where you have spark and where you don't). Good luck, you might get lucky and give it time to dry out if you have someplace warm you can put it in and leave the hood up.

No cap and rotor :(

i'm thinking it could just be the 2 plugs i didn't replace because i couldn't get to 'em, i had to stick my hand through the hold in the fender where the tierod goes through just to get to the passanger side one.

stupid grand am. well stupid me.

master_alexander
03-20-2006, 04:42 PM
it was really really sunny today but also really muddy. the water is still high too...

and its sooo windy!!

skife
03-24-2006, 11:57 PM

replaced 4 of the 6 plugs, 2 more tomorrow, she runs now. like crap, but she runs.