PDA

View Full Version : My creation

dragun_30
03-19-2006, 10:26 PM
I really had no clue if I should put this in the workshop area or b/s/t or where, so I went with the most general forum, paintball talk. Do you guys think people would want to buy these for around 20 dollars? It's a reball trap, and works like a dream.
Front angle
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Dragun_30/P1010062.jpg
Back angle
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b52/Dragun_30/P1010064.jpg

magman007
03-19-2006, 11:02 PM
probabally not. it needs to be more robust. that small pvc will probabally crack over time, either from stress or stray hits, also it should extend all the way to the floor.

BD_Paintball
03-19-2006, 11:06 PM
i would not. i think most ppl are fine with shooting blakets and things like that

jenarelJAM
03-20-2006, 01:18 AM
Its a cool idea. If/When I get a pod of reballs, I'll be using them in precisely that manner. However, I have the necessary tools and materials to build my own catch box(2x4's and screws and a blanket) and since I can probably make it using stuff I already have, I wouldn't try to go into business making those. Looks great though. Like was said above, that pvc looks a little small. If you end up making more of them, you might look at 1 inch pvc for it. That would be much sturdier, while still being small enough to make it lightweight.

Props to you :hail:

ThePixelGuru
03-20-2006, 02:11 AM
Sorry man, but they'd be a tough sell. You going to ship them whole? Shipping would be like three times the cost of the product. If you ship it unassembled, you're just shipping someone a bunch of parts they can pick up at any hardware store.

Still, nice Reball trap.

dragun_30
03-20-2006, 06:24 AM
thanks for the compliments. It actually holds up incredibly well, the canvas is very sturdy, I have had 2 people unloading hoppers into this and it just stands there. And between the pvc, joints, and canvas it costs around 14-15 dollars for supplies, and if I remember it took me more than an hour to make. But like I said, I wasn't really looking to sell and market this, just see what kind of interest it gets, so thanks for the feedback.

edit-this is actually 20 feet of pvc, kinda hard to believe, but I have found it to hold up to anything.

not against the snapbox, cuz it looks sweet, but you could build a square one from pvc and netting that could cost you far less than 400 dollars, and it does roughly the same thing as this, except you can go in this one. Welllll, i guess you could go in this one if you tried :p