PDA

View Full Version : halo + warp?

kazz
03-20-2006, 07:22 PM
i see alot of people with halo's on their warps... doesnt that choke the speed of the halo? i thought warps could only feed 12bps or so?

Glickman
03-20-2006, 07:26 PM
i see alot of people with halo's on their warps... doesnt that choke the speed of the halo? i thought warps could only feed 12bps or so?

they are very reliable feeders though (as they are forced), so to reiterate the cliche; "dont use 12 balls for what you only need 2" :D

kazz
03-20-2006, 07:36 PM
they are very reliable feeders though (as they are forced), so to reiterate the cliche; "dont use 12 balls for what you only need 2" :D

is there an actual electronics board in there? like a revi, or a halo? or is it just a battery + switch + resistor + motor?

jenarelJAM
03-20-2006, 08:10 PM
The warp can go up to like 18-20 i think, with that mod. Also, if you only have a halo, bought a warp, would you go out and buy a revvy too just because you don't need the halo? I think that's the main reason, people who play awhile, get a halo, then discover or decide to try the warp, and they like it.

buzzboy
03-20-2006, 08:15 PM
With a fresh 9v I got my warp to feed 15 and I believe it could go faster. With the 12v mod it can shoot 24. Then some people wire two batteries NOT IN SERIES so they have double the amount of battery life and therefore more time at full bps. So with fresh batteries and/or the 12v mod the warp should be able to keep with a Halo unless you are shooting WAY faster than your fingers should be moving naturaly.

Glickman
03-20-2006, 09:18 PM
;)
is there an actual electronics board in there? like a revi, or a halo? or is it just a battery + switch + resistor + motor?

yep, learnt that the hard way while reversing the polarity of the batteries

behemoth
03-20-2006, 09:32 PM
;)

yep, learnt that the hard way while reversing the polarity of the batteries

ooops. :)

ThePixelGuru
03-20-2006, 10:11 PM
Yes, there's a board in there, it's connected to a vibration sensor and used to adjust dwell, sensitivity and to intellifeed it. And, from the main page of airgun.com, Warp Feed stats:

* Weight - 15 ozs
* Length - 6 inches
* Operates on 4 x AA batteries or 1 x 9 volt
* Exceeds 20 shots per second feed rate
(Emphasis mine.)

Tao
03-21-2006, 12:05 AM
With 12v the warp can do 30 easily I think. The warp will still out do a halo with 12v bat. Maybe even a v board halo with 12v. A Chetah baord may be another story. I suggested to the guy who did the halo report to do a warp feed test aswell :)