PDA

View Full Version : pro classics and classics

RossRobObey
03-21-2006, 11:42 AM
i have seen some good deals on eBay for the classics and wondered what is the difference bettween the two?

Dayspring
03-21-2006, 01:02 PM
pro classic comes with a foregrip & vert ASA. Same gun otherwise.

Dryden
03-21-2006, 01:07 PM
i have seen some good deals on eBay for the classics and wondered what is the difference bettween the two?
About $100. ;)

The Pro Classic is just a new name for the original Automag. It adds the Minimags vert ASA with the RTs Bicycle grip (though they're not used), and an Emag/RT powerfeed body instead of the original Automag body. Internally, I will assume it already has the newer reg piston assembly, though I can't confirm that. What that means is that you can add the Level 10 and go.

An "old" Automag or Minimag requires a replacement reg piston for higher operating pressure, though the part is only about $15.

I noticed the AGD store dropped the price on the Minimag to $239. Personally, if I were you I would choose the brand new Minimag (better warranty on the valve over the Classic), though I'd order from Tunaman here on AO for the best price. :)

RossRobObey
03-21-2006, 01:21 PM
ok, i live in the UK so it might be a bit more tricky, but can i fit a foregrip to the classics?

RossRobObey
03-21-2006, 01:23 PM
i do not like the vert asa on the minimag so would i be able to fit an ex-chamber to it and then put on a drop forward and connect the tank to the ex-chamber?

Walrus
03-21-2006, 03:06 PM
Yes to the last two questions.

The vertical air adapter on a Minimag and the vert adapter on a Pro Classic are exactly the same. They use the same rail, grip frame, trigger, etc...everything is the same except for the body and the laser engraving on the side of the valve. The foregrip that is on the Pro Classic just screws into the vert adaper just like an expansion chamber would or an inline regulator. It is just a hollow tube that allows air to flow through instead of the different chambers like an expansion chamber.

You can configure it anyway you like and there are many different possibilities. You can run a hose from a bottomline/dropforward to an expansion chamber/foregrip/inline reg and then from the vert adapter to the valve. Or you can run a hose from a bottomline/dropforward to to the valve.

RossRobObey
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
ok thanks