PDA

View Full Version : E-MAG Questions...

woodsy
03-21-2006, 11:53 AM
I have owned an AutoMag pretty much since thier inception, I think my original serial number has a bunch of zeros in it. Anyway, its pretty obvious my old MAG gets outgunned pretty quicknowadays. . I just got an bought a used E-MAG. It has the powerfeed that puts the loader on the right side (RH?) and a 68ci/3000PSI Pure Energy bottle. I assume the bottle is preset to 850PSI output?

What is the difference between an E-MAg and an X-Mag? Other than the removable breach?

What is the hot setup for this gun? I need to upgrade my loader, not sure about the WARP, but what about the HALO? I am going to get the ULE Centerfeed Body and Level 10 bolt.

I have seen the 20BPS Level 10 video... where can I get that software? Does that bolt really work that well? Is it hard to adjust? What upgrades do I need to get the E-MAg to shoot that fast in E-mode?

Thanks in advance for all of the help. I used to play years ago and the AutoMag was THE setup to have... unless of course you wanted to fuss with a Cocker.

Woodsy

GT
03-21-2006, 12:04 PM
I assume the bottle is preset to 850PSI output?

What is the difference between an E-MAg and an X-Mag? Other than the removable breach?

What is the hot setup for this gun? I need to upgrade my loader, not sure about the WARP, but what about the HALO? I am going to get the ULE Centerfeed Body and Level 10 bolt.

I have seen the 20BPS Level 10 video... where can I get that software? Does that bolt really work that well? Is it hard to adjust? What upgrades do I need to get the E-MAg to shoot that fast in E-mode?

Thanks in advance for all of the help. I used to play years ago and the AutoMag was THE setup to have... unless of course you wanted to fuss with a Cocker.

Woodsy

1. I would assume that as well

2. X is lighter, however a full ULE emag is lighter than an X

3. This is the hot setup, full ULE http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=192940 Halo is plenty fast

4. AGD can do it, Tunaman or any other of the EMag dealers.

Rudz
03-21-2006, 04:58 PM
for software see the xmod thread in deep blue section....and if your intrested ..you can get break beam eyes installed on a ule body..when u purchase one.. and the level 10 bolt is fantastic..

Tao
03-21-2006, 08:03 PM
I have owned an AutoMag pretty much since thier inception, I think my original serial number has a bunch of zeros in it. Anyway, its pretty obvious my old MAG gets outgunned pretty quicknowadays. . I just got an bought a used E-MAG. It has the powerfeed that puts the loader on the right side (RH?) and a 68ci/3000PSI Pure Energy bottle. I assume the bottle is preset to 850PSI output?

Woodsy

The X mag has an anti chop eye, other than that and the removable breach it has sweet milling. Otherwise they are the exct some gun and most parts are interchangable.

The hot setup is with a warp. If you are RIGHT HANDED then your power feed body will work with a warp, however the centre feed body will not work as well...

A STOCK halo doesn't feed well enough to feed 20bps and a victory board strugles too. You would have to get speacialty bateries for it. However the cost of a new board and bateries pretty much equals the cost of a warp. I would go with an Egg or a halo feeding a warp.

If you have 3.2 software or lucky enough to have a higher version (they aren't distributed to the general public past 3.2) Then your software will have a 20bps cap. If you have a lower version the cap will be 16 bps but Airgun can flash it to 3.2.

The lvl 10 bolt works great, its usefullness goes out the window sometimes firign over 20bps but other than that it is great.

You don't need to upgrade an emag really at all. The only real upgrade to help shoot faster is a blade trigger to replace the clumsy double trigger it comes with. If you have an older emag which doesn't come with an X vavle you will probably want the lvl 10 as you mentioned. Other than that the emag is about as good "out of the box" as you can get.

If you want fancy firing modes (burst mode, full auto, etc) the you will need to get a new board for it like a predator board but if you are only going to use semi auto then the stock board is just fine :)

11 Bravo
03-22-2006, 07:16 PM
Dont bother with any other software. This is the one to get:http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=185314&page=5

It will knock the rust off your old Emag. :D

woodsy
03-22-2006, 08:27 PM
I sent LorneCash an e-mail and a PM.... It sounds like the X-MOD software is the way to go. Hopefully he will get back to me with how much $$ and how to flash the board.

Still waiting on Tunaman to buy a few parts... Hope to hear from them soon.

Thanks for all of the help and advice. I am hoping to be the old guy out on the field soon.

Woodsy