PDA

View Full Version : Returning to the Mag Family...Pneumag?

shorty24
03-21-2006, 10:31 PM
It looks like I may be returning to the mag family again sooner than I expected :clap: ! I was offered a trade today, my Ion for an all original 68 Classic, w/ the exception of an ANS Phase II reg. I am seriously considering it, as I miss my mags, but I would like to build this one up as all-mech. A pneumag, in fact. Here's my problem:

I don't have access to the tools/materials needed to make a pneumag frame. I know Logic made the UMF for a while, but he's done w/ those (I believe), and it's gonna cost me a TON to have him make a single. I'm on a budget (yeah, the whole college student thing), so maybe this won't work, but is there ANYBODY out there that would be willing to either make a pneumag frame or sell one for a fair price?

*EDIT - hmm, maybe this was supposed to be in BST?

BD_Paintball
03-21-2006, 11:19 PM
i would try to sell the ion and then buy a mag. the mag you talked about does not sound like a good trade for you

shorty24
03-21-2006, 11:26 PM
Yeah, i know it sounds like a weak trade, but this classic is in nearly mint condition. And my Ion has been HEAVILY used. I really don't think that I'd get more for the Ion than a 68 Classic would cost anyway.

Mescalito
03-21-2006, 11:41 PM
what is a fair price to you? pneumatic parts + a chimera frame = near $200 not to mention milling & machining time.

shorty24
03-21-2006, 11:46 PM
My budget right now is between $300 and $350...

Coralis
03-21-2006, 11:53 PM
a hyperframe and ult would be well inside your budget

Mescalito
03-21-2006, 11:55 PM
there is a guy selling clippard parts in the misc items thread, you should buy a clipard actuator, QEV and 3-4 10-32 barbs while you can, i already did and he hooked me up... let me find you a link and pm you.

oh and he said he want a mech mag... so a hyper frame = no go

shorty24
03-21-2006, 11:59 PM
a hyperframe and ult would be well inside your budget

I know...but I went the hyperframe route once, and as much fun as it was...meh. I guess I just have had too many bad experiences w/ electros (my hyperframe's noid wiggled loose once, was programmed wrong straight out of centerflag, etc.), and even tho I will always keep an electro somewhere nearby for the pure firepower...there's just something about an uber-fast mech mag that appeals to me.

/Plus I like to tinker, and electronics + my tinkering = not always good things :rolleyes:

ultralight
03-22-2006, 12:14 AM
Yeah, i know it sounds like a weak trade, but this classic is in nearly mint condition. And my Ion has been HEAVILY used. I really don't think that I'd get more for the Ion than a 68 Classic would cost anyway.

a 68 classic should only go for about 150. exactly is wrong with your ion? mechanical problems? body wear?
even if the ion is heavily used, as long as there aren't any internal problems just slap on a new body kit and a new battery and you're good. or if you don't want to get a new body kit you could always sand/bondo/paint yours. you should be able to sell it for around 200 or trade it for a used mag with a retro valve. just look around, good deals are out there if you look hard enough and be patient.

as for the pneumag... look on pbn, i see people selling pneumag frames on there from time to time.

shorty24
03-22-2006, 12:32 AM
I guess I can't honestly say I've looked around to see what used Ions are going for. Mine is in perfect working order, just...scratched and dinged. Never got as much love as my mags, lol! I just actually finished a sand/bondo/paint job on my Ion, and it does look great. Thing is, I truly just miss having mags around. They just seem more...trusty. And there aren't hardly any around here where I live. Heck, everyone and his brother has an Ion here...

And since this trade came up today (a classmate of mine), I'd like to do this rather than something over the internet; it's much easier, and I've seen what I'm getting. Unless someone around HERE wants an Ion, and has a better trade / cash offer, hint hint. (Runs and hides from anti-Ion nazis :ninja: )

Mescalito
03-22-2006, 01:47 AM
from what i understand smart parts started out as a guy in his garage making custom barrels for his mag and/or cocker... those barrels were like 100 a pop and now i have seen people GIVING them away on this forum... I have yet to see someone give away a mag.....

shorty24
03-22-2006, 10:20 AM
I'm not asking for someone to give me a mag, lol (although by all means, feel free). I'm actually thinking instead of doing this trade now, I might just sell the Ion, and just buy a better mag, or parts. I'd really like to get this pneumag made by this summer, so once again, if anyone out there would be willing to build one...

nate2k191
03-22-2006, 10:32 AM
I'm not asking for someone to give me a mag, lol (although by all means, feel free). I'm actually thinking instead of doing this trade now, I might just sell the Ion, and just buy a better mag, or parts. I'd really like to get this pneumag made by this summer, so once again, if anyone out there would be willing to build one...

sounds like you should sell the ion and then start building the mag of your dreams, and if it takes a few months, you'll love it even more. :shooting: welcome back

Arstron
03-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Check out the thread in the work shop about the I-Mag, looks like you might have a good canidate, especially if you could sell your ion without a board and solenoid. :D

I-Mag=Ion Mag

pachytriton
03-22-2006, 10:40 AM
You should just sell your ion and buy an rt-ule or a tac-one if that's your thing.

shorty24
03-22-2006, 03:16 PM
Check out the thread in the work shop about the I-Mag, looks like you might have a good canidate, especially if you could sell your ion without a board and solenoid. :D

I-Mag=Ion Mag

Ok, I just read the entire I-mag thread, and that is some CRAZY stuff. Quite intriguing, and I would like very much to have something like that. Seeing as how I already have a stock Ion board laying around gathering dust. But to my understanding, nobody has finished one yet, and I don't have the tools/ability to make one myself!!! Please, anybody who can do anything like this, or even a standard pnueframe, please, please PM me!!!

Cow hunter
03-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Ok, I just read the entire I-mag thread, and that is some CRAZY stuff. Quite intriguing, and I would like very much to have something like that. Seeing as how I already have a stock Ion board laying around gathering dust. But to my understanding, nobody has finished one yet, and I don't have the tools/ability to make one myself!!! Please, anybody who can do anything like this, or even a standard pnueframe, please, please PM me!!!
get the mag, and offer yours as a working I-mag candidate, you do have all of the parts.... (have someone do it for free, just to see if it could be done, maybe throw in some money...)

shorty24
03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
get the mag, and offer yours as a working I-mag candidate, you do have all of the parts.... (have someone do it for free, just to see if it could be done, maybe throw in some money...)

Good call! You really think someone here would do it though? Maybe I should start a new thread and ask...

Cow hunter
03-22-2006, 10:25 PM
Good call! You really think someone here would do it though? Maybe I should start a new thread and ask...
worst anyone can say is no! besides its sorta like what luke did, he wanted to make aftermarket Z stuff, so he asked to borow one. someone wants to try to make an I-mag but doesnt want to buy an ion board/doesnt want to be short an ion board if he messes up