PDA

View Full Version : Manike: Any word on availability of E-vents / Avatars

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 09:34 AM
Just wondering. My profilers are getting to the point where I need to replace them in the not too distant future, and I really want to hold out for a pair of these things. I like the Avatars myself, but figured Id ask the other half of the question for everyone else.

Thanks

/Who do I have to bribe?

Chronobreak
03-22-2006, 10:29 AM
arent they out?

ifnot theyl be very ver ...very soon ;)

ive seena few laying around.. :ninja:

--yes i know im not manike

egb groupie
03-22-2006, 11:45 AM
The lower end models are starting to show up at online retailers, and I have seen one color of the Avatar show up online, but as far as all the other colors of the vents, I think we will still be waiting :(

neppo1345
03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
we have them at our local shop :ninja:

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
we have them at our local shop :ninja:

And that phone number would be?

neppo1345
03-22-2006, 01:09 PM
Im going out there today, ill get the phone number and make sure they have the right goggles in stock.

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 01:13 PM
Thank you :)

rkjunior303
03-22-2006, 01:14 PM
Lohman, I could have sworn I saw on the Empire site yesterday that you could order them - even if they were pre-order, I'm sure they'll come the quickest direct from Empire.

I forgot to ask Simon about them when I saw him over the weekend.

BobTheCow
03-22-2006, 01:35 PM
Rob... chill... he needs this more than you.

rkjunior303
03-22-2006, 01:46 PM
hahaha!

http://www.moviemail-online.co.uk/graphics/gold_star.gif

68magOwner
03-22-2006, 02:39 PM
mmm, last CFOA, they said they would be shipping in 9 days (that was....3 weeks ago? i think) so, should be in stock, or VERY soon

Ratzo
03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
I saw the designer wearing a white pair on "Extreme Home Makeover" 2 weeks ago.
He thought it would be cool to shoot up the room with a Promaster, smart wasn't he.

Lohman446
03-22-2006, 04:14 PM
I had a ball hit right on the nosepiece of my profilers and make severe contact with my noise and upper lip, actually caused my lip to swell. They are about to go...

fullofpaint
03-22-2006, 04:15 PM
My local store had 3 pairs of White e-vents sold out in a day, I wish I had gotten them though instead of waiting for black ones :(

Cow hunter
03-22-2006, 04:24 PM
saw a local ref with the white E-vents, and i must say, they were awesome looking

Jotsy
03-22-2006, 04:52 PM
how is the lens change on those things? profilers are still currently my favorite mask purely because of the lens change.

\my friend and i had to change the lens out on his invision the other night. holy crap that took 2 hours of my life and now i've lost the feeling in my thumbs :cuss:

GT
03-22-2006, 08:18 PM
My understanding is that Simon is the R&D guy. AS far as pricing or availiblity you need to go through national.

68magOwner
03-22-2006, 08:59 PM
how is the lens change on those things? profilers are still currently my favorite mask purely because of the lens change.

\my friend and i had to change the lens out on his invision the other night. holy crap that took 2 hours of my life and now i've lost the feeling in my thumbs :cuss:

the lens change on the events are just as easy as profilers

neppo1345
03-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Alright Loh...currently, they only have the cyrus(sp) in stock, but they are expecting the E-vents and avatars in from NPS within the next week.

if only they had used the right foam...we would have had them 4 weeks ago... :(

Chronobreak
03-23-2006, 11:27 AM
Actually they just came back to work last week. Many of the companies there take two weeks off for the new year. It's a very significant social time for them.

We actually payed people more money to come back sooner for them to make the correct foam. If all goes to plan I will have the correct foam with me at Texas PSP (I am expecting it to arrive anytime now) so I can update everyone's goggles who bought them before, and then the foam will be going towards production.

It was my call to take the first foam to update goggles for people who already bought the goggles and support them, rather than send it to production. It was also my call not to release and sell the 500 pairs I have sat in the warehouse. I want this product to be as good as possible. I'm not the kind of person that knowingly releases anything that I don't believe is good enough.

That may or may not have been the correct decision based upon those people waiting, but I wanted to support people that have already shown us support and bought the goggles, and ensure that when people get the goggles they get the best I can make at that point.

I will always be moving forwards refining the product and developing it to make it one of the best choices in paintball.

Anyone with Vents or E-Vents goggles please come and find me personally at the Texas PSP event and I will update your goggles fully.

Thanks.

p.s. That information release was actually sent out to our dealers last week I believe.

posted by manike on pbn

apparently theyr not being released yet, but some have and you might be abvel to get some if you dont mind the "old" foam etc

FSU_Paintball
03-23-2006, 11:44 AM
They have an ad in a magazine now. Limited quantities at HB. Which kind of pisses me off; I've had grey Avatars on preorder for several months. I have to wait, while anyone who walks up to the booth at HB doesn't.

AnthonyW
03-23-2006, 10:22 PM
its the pro's I tell ya they get them first. :mad:

FSU_Paintball
03-24-2006, 11:42 AM
I don't mind the pros getting them first.

I DO mind them selling their only supply out at the HB tournament to anyone who wants one when I've had mine on preorder since LAST YEAR.

Lohman446
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
You know the productivity losses I'm taking from checking action village every hour?

/Just in case there notification doesn't work

Baby Huey
03-24-2006, 01:26 PM
Why white? I know some people use white hopper shells because it hides hits (most tourny paint around here is white). Not saying that's why anyone here would want a white mask just asking. Thanks.

kenndogg
03-24-2006, 01:32 PM
Why white? I know some people use white hopper shells because it hides hits (most tourny paint around here is white). Not saying that's why anyone here would want a white mask just asking. Thanks.

for the refs of course.
I prefer wearing white/black when reffing rather than yellow or bright orange.

Rudz
03-24-2006, 10:48 PM

have you seen the white ones? they are so hot..my local shop sold out too...but i snagged an s4 kit before they took it to hb.....just got to put it on..

FSU_Paintball
03-25-2006, 01:16 AM
I gotta agree, the white E-ventz look SUPER nice.

manike
03-27-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't mind the pros getting them first.

I DO mind them selling their only supply out at the HB tournament to anyone who wants one when I've had mine on preorder since LAST YEAR.

Which is EXACTLY why we didn't sell them at HB. We had a thousand or so come in and they are all going to dealers to cover back orders. :headbang:

FSU_Paintball
03-27-2006, 12:53 PM
Woah, for real?

http://www.a-sylum.com/images/ventz.JPG

I think their bandwidth has been exceeded... but it was a scanned magazine ad from NPS/empire, with pictures of the Avatar and other masks, saying "available in limited quantities at HB"

You can understand why we were pissed :)

I believe you though, and thank you for thinking of your preorders. I guess this was all a misunderstanding.

Are black/grey Avatars in yet or are we still waiting for those to start production?

hitech
03-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Anyone with Vents or E-Vents goggles please come and find me personally at the Texas PSP event and I will update your goggles fully.

Hey, I have a pair of the original vents goggles. The foam is pretty bad. Can I get them updated? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

manike
03-27-2006, 01:24 PM
That ad was made months ago when we didn't have so many pre-orders and were expecting to have more for sale at HB.

I've seen red and black e-vents in, but not sure about grey and black. I think we are expecting them soon.

KayleAGD
03-27-2006, 07:19 PM
Sorry for the hijack , but Simon can you e-mail me jj's e-mail address ? I was wanting to send him something. [email protected]

SummaryJudgement
03-27-2006, 08:04 PM
Hey, I have a pair of the original vents goggles. The foam is pretty bad. Can I get them updated? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:cheers:

Hitech!

There are currently two vents goggs for sale on Ebay right now. There were three, but I got the all black ones :D The other two are green with all of the appropriate pieces. If they are anything like the pair I just got, they should be in great shape! I was shocked at what great condition the pair I won were in. They are both being sold by the same person. Do a search! Quick!

manike
03-28-2006, 05:21 PM
All coloured E-Vents are shipping. I just went out into the warehouse and saw piles of E-Vents in every colour shipping out. :headbang:

I saw Blue Avatars and Green Avatars also, I believe other colour Avatars will be in shortly. :)