PDA

View Full Version : Need Opinions

TheGrindPunk
03-22-2006, 03:07 PM
Hey, one of me dad's friend's son is looking to get rid of some gear. I am wanting to get some opinions on whether this stuff is worth it.

This kid has:

04 Psycho Ballistics "superbolt" autococker Upped with;
-free flow ram
-WGP black magic reg
-System X on/off
-Smart Parts "S" Rail
-Viewloader Revolution II electronic hopper

A Tippmann 98 with some kind of aftermarket barrel, hopper and a 12oz and a 20oz CO2 tanks.

The cocker is near mint, the tippmann is cosmetically rough but it's a tippmann and can handle that, it works like any other stock 98. And the rest of the gear is in good shape (used but well taken care of).

He is asking $200 for all of it. Is it worth it? My brother and I are just thinking about two extra markers that we can use for backup or loan to a friend on the field, and maybe turn the 98 into a project milsim marker.

Here's a pic, all opinions appreciated!

http://www.factoryofghouls.com/pbgfs.jpg

geekwarrior
03-22-2006, 03:21 PM
seems like a pretty good deal to me, but i'm not aware of what the cocker is worth...but for 200, it doesnt seem like a bad deal.

Cow hunter
03-22-2006, 03:46 PM
greta deal if you ask me..... new tippy's are $140? and a cocker has got to be in the 200 range... plus you get wo tanks, two hoppers and an upped barrel

Arstron
03-22-2006, 03:55 PM
Actually the Psycho Ballistics cockers arent worth that much, awhile back action village and somone else was dumping all of their new ones for $60 each. Still though, doesnt seem like its that bad of a deal.

FSU_Paintball
03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Agreed, you could buy that cocker new for about $100 at one point but it's also got some nice upgrades on it. Not a bad deal. If you're looking to be competitive though you might consider buying a used Ion instead.

topazpaintball
03-22-2006, 04:45 PM
The superbolts were made in the same factory as the Dye ultralites, so they're almost identical. I'd say its a good deal.

TheGrindPunk
03-22-2006, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys. My brother and I play rec and woods, sometimes scenairo...... and we are just considering this for back up/loaner, or projects...... I figured it is a good deal, but I don't know alot about SB cockers and did see where AV.com was clearencing them out really cheap so I didn't know if it was a bad thing or whatever. Thanks again, and if anyone else has anything to add, please do so! :headbang: