PDA

View Full Version : New toy Apex barrel

ransomMAG
03-22-2006, 07:22 PM
today i got my new apex barrel and i must say that it is the coolest thing i have ever used on my e-mag. when i was play with it i found that bigger sized paint works the best, other than that it is all and does all that BT says it can do.

JRingold
03-22-2006, 07:33 PM
Interesting. I can't wait to get out and shoot the one that I bought "for the heck of it" during the off season.

Richter
03-22-2006, 07:39 PM
today i got my new apex barrel and i must say that it is the coolest thing i have ever used on my e-mag. when i was play with it i found that bigger sized paint works the best, other than that it is all and does all that BT says it can do.

glad you like it. here is my reveiw and thread that went to many places across the net awhile back:
http://automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=182582

sisco87
03-22-2006, 07:53 PM
wow. I haven't heard anything about them and i actually didn't think they worked. But i guess they do.... :tard:

And welcome to AO! :clap:

:cheers:

Recon by Fire
03-23-2006, 09:08 PM
I dumped mine as fast as I could.....P.O.C.

FSU_Paintball
03-24-2006, 11:46 AM
POC?

I'm not sure what you expected, but it does what it says it will do.

It's not a precision barrel by any means.

What it is is a flatline barrel that is better made, much easier to wield, has adjustable flatline action, can hook around obstacles and dive paint into snakes, and is able to be turned off and shoot like a normal barrel with the flick of a thumb.

It delivers on its promises. The only thing I can't say is that it's incredibly accurate. But it does do what it claims to do.

I like mine. I don't use it too often, but you really can stand at the back-center of your airball field and drop them into the corners of the snake effectively.

I'm thinking of removing the device at the end and attaching it to a better barrel, either a CP or perhaps a shorter front for my Scepter.

rkjunior303
03-24-2006, 11:48 AM
Watching Wilkie put his DC Viking into Uncapped NXL with one of those @ IAO was HYSTERICAL.

FSU_Paintball
03-24-2006, 11:52 AM
heh.... I turned my gun loose on it one day too... it looks like a swarm of bees screaming downfield at 300FPS LOL :)

Recon by Fire
03-25-2006, 09:58 PM
POC = Piece Of Cr@p

It does absolutely do everything it claims to do, you can curve the balls in various directions and distances and can gain even greater range with the flatline setting. It would just be nice if two of those balls could actually hit the side of the same barn.

It's a cute novelty but the horrible accuracey was just unacceptable to me. I prefer ninja darts to mass bee attacks :ninja:

JRingold
03-26-2006, 12:38 PM
Where's your sense of adventure? Accuracy by volume... If I can't hit it with 500 paintballs, maybe I'll have to shoot 2000 at it. Wow, the trees are oozing green slime, but there's only one mark on that pole barn over there...