PDA

View Full Version : What about C02?

magbackforgood
03-22-2006, 10:34 PM
I was wondering that in the case that i have to use C02 on my minimag. What Expansion Chamber do i use? Do i need one? and Do i need to add a remote line for additional help with not getting liquid in the gun? Thanks for any helful info.

magbackforgood :cheers:

Shives
03-22-2006, 11:11 PM
I can recall in the early days, playing up in Wisconsin in the dead of Winter. We had Mag shooters coil 3' of line running from the valve to an on-gun expansion chamber. Then, they'd run a remote line to their pack. In their pack, they would have 2 tanks each w/ expansion chambers, joined w/ a "teeter" valve. We're talking 10 pounds worth of air system alone.

It all depends, if you are playing in warm weather, I'd go remote and not worry about anything else. Expect some serious drop-off on really long, fast strings. Keep your shooting on the slower side, and things should be fine.

Keep a couple of sets of o-rings and seals just in case.

Shives

neppo1345
03-22-2006, 11:14 PM
I had luck in chilly weather just running verticle bottle on my minimag. A remote would work fine.

bleachit
03-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Im a fan of the palmers reg... around a $100 but light and simple and works beautifully

flyingpootang
03-23-2006, 12:35 AM
I was wondering that in the case that i have to use C02 on my minimag. What Expansion Chamber do i use? Do i need one? and Do i need to add a remote line for additional help with not getting liquid in the gun? Thanks for any helful info.

magbackforgood :cheers:

Since compressed air systems are 35-50 new on ebay you are forced to use Co2 because of lack of compressed air at your local field. If so I would use a J tube mounted inside of your Co2 cylinder. If you use a remote and you crawl you run the risk of getting liquid in your line.

magbackforgood
03-23-2006, 08:00 AM
Since compressed air systems are 35-50 new on ebay you are forced to use Co2 because of lack of compressed air at your local field. If so I would use a J tube mounted inside of your Co2 cylinder. If you use a remote and you crawl you run the risk of getting liquid in your line.

What is a J tube?

flyingpootang
03-23-2006, 09:18 AM
What is a J tube?

An antisipon or J tube is designed to keep liquid Co2 out of your marker whether the marker is level or not. The parts can be found at your local home improvment center.

Here is a link that describes how it works: http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_antisiphon_inst.html

magbackforgood
03-23-2006, 05:15 PM
An antisipon or J tube is designed to keep liquid Co2 out of your marker whether the marker is level or not. The parts can be found at your local home improvment center.

Here is a link that describes how it works: http://www.sundragonpps.com/paintball_antisiphon_inst.html

Thanks for the info. Do you thinks its safe for me to do it myself or should i send it to Palmers? They install it for 15 dollars. I am well capable though. Do you use C02 on your mag?

flyingpootang
03-24-2006, 12:18 PM
Thanks for the info. Do you thinks its safe for me to do it myself or should i send it to Palmers? They install it for 15 dollars. I am well capable though. Do you use C02 on your mag?

If you can take off the valve yourself install of the J tube it is very simple. You can go to Home Depot and buy a self flaring fitting from them. Just remember the J tube goes half way down the bottle, has to face up and come as close to the inside of the bottle as possible when screwed all the way on. As for me no I use compressed air only. It is not affected by tempature and is cleaner then Co2. You can get a brand new basic 3000 psi high pressure system off of ebay for 25-50 dollars, so it makes no sence for me to use Co2.....

magbackforgood
03-24-2006, 09:18 PM
If you can take off the valve yourself install of the J tube it is very simple. You can go to Home Depot and buy a self flaring fitting from them. Just remember the J tube goes half way down the bottle, has to face up and come as close to the inside of the bottle as possible when screwed all the way on. As for me no I use compressed air only. It is not affected by tempature and is cleaner then Co2. You can get a brand new basic 3000 psi high pressure system off of ebay for 25-50 dollars, so it makes no sence for me to use Co2.....

see i have to use C02 because some places were i play only have C02. But i do use air also. I have a 68/4500 crossfire tank

dave p
03-24-2006, 09:46 PM
if the minimag has the original short line from the vert asa, it has a filter in it. it will help to keep liquid out of the valve, if you also go remote. like stated previous, when the bottle chills down on long strings you will have a pressure drop and will get some bloopers until the bottle warms. a staballizer will help the pressure differential a little, keep the liquid out and be more consistent shot to shot.

mobsterboy
03-24-2006, 10:06 PM
offsubject, but where in SC are you? Im located in Greenville. Maybe we can get together and play sometime.

flyingpootang
03-25-2006, 02:26 AM
offsubject, but where in SC are you? Im located in Greenville. Maybe we can get together and play sometime.

Shure sounds great I'm actually in Northern Cali. I'm glad you are not using Co2 in your fiber wraped tank. With the rapid expansion and contraction that Co2 cause would pull your tank apart.....

magbackforgood
03-27-2006, 06:52 PM

I am live in a little town called ROUND O, S.C. . I have family in ABBEVILLE, Do you know where that is? Oh and i am a HUGE CLEMSON TIGER FAN> GO TIGGGERRRRSSSS> I know this is off subject but its nice to hear from a fellow South Carolinan.

magbackforgood
03-27-2006, 06:53 PM

I am live in a little town called ROUND O, S.C. . I have family in ABBEVILLE, Do you know where that is? Oh and i am a HUGE CLEMSON TIGER FAN> GO TIGGGERRRRSSSS> I know this is off subject but its nice to hear from a fellow South Carolinan. :dance: