PDA

View Full Version : need help with boo yaah frame

DaXtremeist
12-16-2001, 08:57 PM
i purchased a boo yaah frame several months ago about mid summer and i used it and whenever i used it the battery would always die. i opened it up and the battery had a whole in it where a screw from my dropzone II went into it.
so i believe that is my problem. anyone know what battery can replace it? or where i can get the battery for it? since boo yaah's website is down. and ive also heard mako is doing the grips now.. do they have a website?

thanks

Donnyluv
12-16-2001, 09:41 PM
A 9V Nickel Metal Hydride Battery from Wal-mart will work fine. Although it probably won't show a full charge on the meter, because the factory battery is a little higher voltage (I think 9.6 V). But I have used a NiMH rechargeable in mine and it works fine. You won't get a hold of Boo-Yaah because they are out of business. Mako IS taking care of the warranty work, etc., now. I sent mine off to them with the gun, and all they charged was $6.00 for the return shipping. The address and phone number are as follows:

Mako Paintball Products, Inc.
1041 N. Dupage Ave.
Lombard, IL 60148

Phone: 630 705-9293
Fax: 630 576-5064

Call them up, they can help.

DaXtremeist
12-16-2001, 11:14 PM
cool will try it

i tried a normal 9volt non rechargeable from my revy and it powered up the grip and worked. do ya know aprox how many shots i should get with it? just wondering.

Donnyluv
12-16-2001, 11:20 PM
Not as many as with the battery that comes with it. It also depends on how long you leave it without using it. The Boo-Yaah frame will drain your battery, even if it is off. I don't know why, but even they will tell you that. I've never let mine run down completely so I don't know. I charge it the night before I play, and it always lasts me all day. I usually don't shoot more than a case a day, though. So if you shoot a lot more, you may want to test it.

Butterfingers
12-17-2001, 02:01 AM
i know there are online retailers that sell 9.6 volt NiMH batteries.

Using a standard 9v will only last 400 shots reliably.

using a normal rechargable 9v (7.6v) wont work at all, or at least not for long.

It needs all 9.6 volts. I tried it before.

Donnyluv
12-17-2001, 10:56 AM
That may be all you get, but I definitely get at least 2000 shots from a regular 9V NiMH rechargeable. I've done it several times. The one I use is a Rayovac. I don't know if the brand matters or not.

beam
12-17-2001, 11:38 AM
I use a cheapo Dollar General 9v battery in my hyperframe and i haven't drained it yet...at least 2000 shots.

are boo-yahs/makos that inefficient?

DaXtremeist
12-17-2001, 08:55 PM
no boo yaah grips are eficcient. i put on well over 2000 shots on a regular 9 volt battery (battery has been in my revy for at least 4 months and i play every weekend) but that was just dri shots cuz i don't have any air.

anyways when i get some air i will try it out on a regular 9 volt