PDA

View Full Version : Removing regulator from tank help...

Wizzman
03-23-2006, 01:05 PM
Anyone know the easiest way to remove my crossfire reg from my 68/4500 crossfire tank? I have a maxflo that I am dieing to install on it. I don't think I should put locktite on it due to traveling purposes. This way it can be easily uncrewed on and off for TSA purposes. Any advice would be great. To start I know the tank must be empty lol...

Wizzman
03-23-2006, 06:56 PM
Anybody know how to do this?

ThePixelGuru
03-23-2006, 07:21 PM
if you have to ask, you shouldn't be trying to do it. It's not something you just want to try with instructions from an online forum - this is 4500psi snugged right up to your head, neck and chest. Take your tank to an airsmith.

neppo1345
03-23-2006, 07:25 PM
best bet - strapwrench

better bet - local shop

Oh...if its the new micro maxflow, then you dont use loctite...

Wizzman
03-23-2006, 07:29 PM
The new ones are not adjustable. Mine is the adjustable Max Flo I don't think lock tite is necessary but I could be wrong. I know the micro doesn't need it but I am not talking about the micro.

Wizzman
03-23-2006, 07:31 PM
if you have to ask, you shouldn't be trying to do it. It's not something you just want to try with instructions from an online forum - this is 4500psi snugged right up to your head, neck and chest. Take your tank to an airsmith.

If the tank has no air in it what is there to be scared of?

Wizzman
03-23-2006, 09:52 PM
I guess I just may go and get a strap wrench and try my luck.

Tunaman
03-23-2006, 10:19 PM
I do understand that you may be mechanically capable of removing and installing your new reg BUT.....THERE ARE ISSUES TO CONSIDER!
1- One drop of moisture in the tank could cause a considerable explosion when filled...you could die.
2-Manufacturers installation procedures MUST be followed. Do not compromise here. CALL THEM and ASK how it is supposed to be done.
3-Torque specifications must be adhered to. If you don't know how to use a torque wrench then stop right now. Don't be foolish and get hurt...or hurt someone else. These tanks are not toys and should only be serviced by qualified airsmiths. It is not a very big deal to R+R a reg but it MUST be done correctly to be safe. Be careful. Don't dis your tank. ;)

Wizzman
03-23-2006, 11:42 PM
I do understand that you may be mechanically capable of removing and installing your new reg BUT.....THERE ARE ISSUES TO CONSIDER!
1- One drop of moisture in the tank could cause a considerable explosion when filled...you could die.
2-Manufacturers installation procedures MUST be followed. Do not compromise here. CALL THEM and ASK how it is supposed to be done.
3-Torque specifications must be adhered to. If you don't know how to use a torque wrench then stop right now. Don't be foolish and get hurt...or hurt someone else. These tanks are not toys and should only be serviced by qualified airsmiths. It is not a very big deal to R+R a reg but it MUST be done correctly to be safe. Be careful. Don't dis your tank. ;)

Well dieing just isn't my thing so I will take it to an airsmith. Thanx Tuna :D