PDA

View Full Version : Power Questions

JAKEtheJAB
03-23-2006, 02:38 PM
First, I would like to thanks you guys, you have been very helpfull so far.

I don't think my car charger works, because my battery is definately dead, but the green light stays on when I plug it in. I heard I can get a wall charger from radioshack, does anyone know the specs on it? Also how do you check the voltage on the battery?

neppo1345
03-23-2006, 03:14 PM
The wall charger doesn't replace the whole assembly, only the cord that comes out of the agd charger. So you would still need to buy a charger if it's bad.

You might also have a bad battery.

To check the voltage of the battery, you need a multimeter (which can be had at radioshack as well)

nate2k191
03-24-2006, 02:17 AM
you can get a wall charger at radio shack, but you need a working AGD charger to connect the battery to.

If you have that and you want the wall charger, get the 12v 1500 or 1000ma charger and an "M" tip. and make sure when you put the tip on the "+" lines up with "TIP".

flyingpootang
03-24-2006, 12:27 PM
First, I would like to thanks you guys, you have been very helpfull so far.

I don't think my car charger works, because my battery is definately dead, but the green light stays on when I plug it in. I heard I can get a wall charger from radioshack, does anyone know the specs on it? Also how do you check the voltage on the battery?

Check o see that the battery terminals are making contact with the marker, their clean, all the connections are snug, there are no signs of arching, and check the screw that holds the board is snug.