PDA

View Full Version : What is different about AGD to other companies?

RavishingEddie
03-25-2006, 03:22 AM
First I would just like to say that I am a super AGD fan and I have been around paintball for a while from my first SL 68 2 pump, to autococker and finally to AGD :clap: . I just want to know what really seperates the Emag components to that of the :shooting: ION or :shooting: Shocker? Guns that are not blowback or closed bolt. The reason I say this is because was reading up on the whole SP :mad: lawsuit thing about being similar to their gun. :confused:
I then went to the SP site and read up on the description of their shocker gun and they use similar terms except they call it "Seal Forward Technology" while AGD calls it "Blow Forward Technology" is SP just calling it different because they can't call it Blow Forward or is it really different? I just think that AGD made the best electros and still makes the best mech guns ever! I just hope SP isn't trying to be like AGD with their ION :tard:

Jdogg
03-25-2006, 03:38 AM
to my knowledge the shocker was a rip off from a vector, that was the first electro, to my knowledge... but SP is a bunch of babies, there is nothing better than a mag.....

dahoeb
03-25-2006, 04:11 AM
but SP is a bunch of babies, there is nothing better than a mag.....
those sound like fightin' words! ;)

to be honost, i'm not too knowledgable about the technical differences between ions, shockers and mags, though i am pretty certain there are many of them. aside from being single tube, i'm pretty sure their actual operation is quite a bit different than a mags. i'm not certain if SP is out there purposely trying to make their guns look like mags with the single tub design, but in paintball, as far as markers go, smaller is usually more appealing (at least for speedball).
like i said, i'm not the most knowledgable person about the workings of an ion or shocker, but i hope this helps a little.

sigh...i really don't have anything else useful to contribute to this particular thread, sorry guys.

RavishingEddie
03-25-2006, 05:11 AM
those sound like fightin' words! ;)

to be honost, i'm not too knowledgable about the technical differences between ions, shockers and mags, though i am pretty certain there are many of them. aside from being single tube, i'm pretty sure their actual operation is quite a bit different than a mags. i'm not certain if SP is out there purposely trying to make their guns look like mags with the single tub design, but in paintball, as far as markers go, smaller is usually more appealing (at least for speedball).
like i said, i'm not the most knowledgable person about the workings of an ion or shocker, but i hope this helps a little.

sigh...i really don't have anything else useful to contribute to this particular thread, sorry guys.

:hail: Nothing to be sorry about. All comments are cool :cool:

RRfireblade
03-25-2006, 10:52 AM
The primary thing that sets a Mag apart from other designs is the Integrated regulator. The rest of the valve is exceptionally simple. Basically a cork in a wine bottle.

The Shocker is a "spool" valve gun the fires a paintball much like an Autococker 3 way moves the ram (since you had an A/C that should be clear to you). A cylider in the center is made to move back and forth , at the forward end of the stroke it allows HP air to pass thru it firing the paintball. Then it is moved reward sealing off the HP flow of air allowing repressurizing of the chamber for the next shot.

The ION functions about the same except except it uses the same HP air to hold the bolt/cylinder back and when fired, it release the air holding back the bolt and the bolt is 'shot' to the forward position (like a mag) again passing HP air to the paintball.

The EMAG is nothing more than a Mag with an electronic sear tripping frame.

ahellers
03-26-2006, 08:21 AM
Basically a cork in a wine bottle.
do you by chance mean a Champagne bottle. :nono:
wine=LP Champagne=HP
:D
t

RRfireblade
03-26-2006, 10:09 AM
do you by chance mean a Champagne bottle. :nono:
wine=LP Champagne=HP
:D
t

That's pretty funny. :) Kudos.

buzzboy
03-26-2006, 01:15 PM
I guess I can conclude that mags are similar in design(having a bolt that moves over the PTish thing) to shockers and IONs. A mag is kind of like a sear tripper Fool valved gun(fake spool) with the built in reg. Personally I would equate mags more to freestyles because they are almost 100% an Epneu mag, or to the spool valve on a matrix. On the SP guns the air chamber is around the bolt. ON the others it is more like how the mag vavle works. Especially the freestyle.

RRfireblade
03-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Definately like a Freestyle....that basically is what 'should' have been what we now call the Emag...IMO.