PDA

View Full Version : Warpfeed to Evo II w/y board

Aslan
03-25-2006, 04:29 PM
Is it possible to intellifeed to an Evo with a Y board? Or can it only be done to 12V Revys with X-boards?

I'm assuming it must be possible, it's just a matter of wiring/solderng...but has anybody ever intellifed a hopper other than the X-Board 12V Revy?

If not, is it because the Evo (or other style electro feed hopper) feeds so fast that intellifeed would be a disadvantage if anything?

Thanks.
:cheers:

shades
03-25-2006, 10:52 PM
From an intelliframe or an emag or some other marker?
if an inteliframe then "yes", you dump the electronics and wire the batteries straight to the motor with the inteliframe microswitch acting as a on /off switch.
This is how I did my revy.
The electronics went bye bye. works great.
I have never tried this with an Evo but it should work.
Even if I left the electronics in, the mod just jumpers the batteries to the motor any how. The electronics where just sucking power and it was not really being used anyway.
Now the only time the hopper is "on" is when the trigger is pulled.
So, no need for a power switch. :headbang:
The one draw back is that this hopper can only be used on gun with intelifed frames. :shooting:
If you want to keep the electronics. Find where the motor meets the board. See if one of the motor leads meet directly to the positive or negetive power feed and the other lead should be controlled by the electronics. Basically you wire your inteliframe switch from the electronic controlled motor lead to the power supply side that is NOT directly connect to the motor.
For most electronics the motor lead is directly connected to gnd(-) and the electronics control the supply (+). This means you would place the switch between the Positive supply and the the motor lead that is controlled.
THIS IS HIGHLY SPECULATIVE AND MIGHT BE TOTALLY WRONG. PREFORM THIS MOD AT THE POSSIBLE DEMISE OF YOUR EVO. I BEAR NO RESPONSIBLITY FOR THE USE OF THIS DISCRIBED MOD.
But you asked. :rofl:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/1157/evo7kw.th.jpg (http://img72.imageshack.us/my.php?image=evo7kw.jpg)

Aslan
03-26-2006, 04:17 AM
Thanks...if I end up getting an Evo, II was thinking of trying it...but I probably won't unless I hear of someone actually having done it without messing up their Evo. I do like you idea of bypassing the electronics though.