PDA

View Full Version : centerfeed twistlock barrel

ebmoney08
03-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Im probally wrong but couldnt you take a left and right hand feed barrel and just drill a hole for the barrel lock to go into to make a centerfeed barrel. If you look at the barrel adapter that docs machine shop make, it is just a hole.

http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/barrels/magadapt/lock_holes.jpg :confused:
i know you would have to take out the front frame screw to get it out but wouldnt it work???

ThePixelGuru
03-25-2006, 06:40 PM
403 Forbidden.

Fix the link and we'll talk. ;)

ebmoney08
03-25-2006, 06:48 PM
http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/barrels/magadapt/
How about that... does it work?

buzzboy
03-25-2006, 07:25 PM
I never knew that pin was spring loaded. I guess you could drill a shallow hole but there is already that channel in the R/L twistlock barrel so I would think it would be easy for it to slip out of place into the Left or Right channels.

I would say try it on an old crappy/screwed up barrel.

wanna-b-ballin'
03-25-2006, 07:59 PM
well in theory you could. you would have to mill a slot for the pin, yet be very precise with the measurements so the balls would feed properly.

Pullman
03-25-2006, 09:40 PM
Hey,

I have a r/l feed barrel that has indeed been "just drilled" to keep it in the right place for my centerfeed body. It hasn't popped out yet. I payed $25 to have Tunaman do it though. I have no idea how he did it, but my guess is it wasn't easy.

Vex
03-25-2006, 09:54 PM
I've done exactly what you are talking about with two of my barrels. One's a HR and one's a HL feed and I made them both be able to fit into a CF. I just measured, very carefully, and used a Dremel--very carefully. They work pretty well due to the O rings helping to keep them snug. You just don't want to drill too deeply, yet you'll need a "dimple" with a bit of a lip on it in order to hold the pin.

I say go for it--you can find twistlock barrles pretty cheap if you mess up.

50 cal
03-26-2006, 12:06 AM
I did it for a few of my twist lock barrels. I have a centerfeed for my Emag. I took blue Dykem, colored up the locking area and just looked through the feed neck to tell where to stop twisting the barrel.
I twisted the barrel into position a few times to scuff away the Dykem and there is the area to drill where the scratch mark stops. Took an 1/8" drill bit I believe it was and made my stop hole.
Did this to a 32* Carbon Fiber and a Smart Stainless barrel. The member here I bought the centerfeed from threw in a centerfeed Freak rear in the deal.

vonort
03-26-2006, 04:47 PM
If you are looking for a CF twistlock barrel I have a Dye boomie (glued) I'll sell you at a reasonable price. If your intrested shoot me a pm.

ebmoney08
03-27-2006, 06:41 PM
Thanks guys!!! I was just curious because I saw a twistlock centerfeed body and couldnt find any barrels. I dont need one now but if I get a centerfeed body Ill yell. Thanks again!!!