PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Revy mod

steveg
12-17-2001, 06:25 AM
Follow the link http://www.pettypb.com/ballwacker.html

Maverick
12-17-2001, 11:26 AM
I have done this mod to my pre-BrassEagle 12V Revy and it works great. I actually made a minor change to his design in that I didn't bore out the center hole of the Evolution paddle to a 1/2". Instead I left the center hole as it was, drilled the holes for the weedwacker line though the sides and just used a hot-glue gun to hold the line in place. My weedwacker line doesn't bend through the center hole like his does, so instead of three pieces of weedwacker line, bent to make six ends, I have six individual pieces, each glued in place. I recently saw a thread here on AO which has a video of the Halo filling a 140 round tube with paint in about 6 seconds. I decided to do the same test on my ballwacker revi and got good results. I took a full 140 round tube and loaded it into my revi. I then timed how long it took to empty this paint back into the tube. I did this 25-30 times and got times that ranged from 7 seconds to about 10.5 seconds. This doesn't sound great but if you measure the time it takes to get down to the last one or two paintballs (which end up being bobbled around inside the revi for some time because of it's design) you get numbers that are always around 7 seconds. Now this is not as fast as the Halo which sorts out the paintballs and helps them out the feed tube, but it is good enough that when put on my Warpfeed HyperMag, I get no problems feeding what-so-ever, even at very high rates of fire. Since I have done this mod I have had no chops through 2 cases of paint. (As soon as I get my digital video camera back from the friend I loaned it to, I will try to make a video like the Halo video and post it here).

steveg
12-17-2001, 09:06 PM
makes you wonder if a slower motor (9v) wouldn't improve
near empty feeding

boggerman
12-18-2001, 12:56 AM
I did a similar mod on my 9v revi. I just drill two holes clear through the middle of the paddle(for a total of four holes) just above the screw that holds the paddle on and fed the weed whacker line through so it is straight. The tension where the two pieces of line cross keeps them from moving around. If anyone is interested in this let me know and I will try to post pics or explain better.:D

steveg
12-18-2001, 05:40 AM
Every one with a Revy raise their hand
now every one with a HALO raise their hand
uh huh thats what I thought ;)

(I'm hoping there will be a tablefull of HALO'S at Skyball:) )

HoppysMag
12-18-2001, 05:43 PM
well ihave no clue what a Halo is? I am assuming that it is and electro loader. But being as i live in hicksville iv seen only 2 Revolutions, besides min, at my field. and anyone with sumthin besides a tippma or spyder is stared at and feared like cave men fear fire. So could some one enlighten me on what a HALO is?

steveg
12-18-2001, 05:50 PM
happy to help http://www.odysseypaintball.com

Lentz
12-18-2001, 09:13 PM
i got my halo on preorder i cant wait for the thing to come its gonna be another month i belive till i see it

griffin23
12-20-2001, 09:59 AM
Just a quick question regarding the BallWacker mod. The line being used for the blades, is that a microline hose? Just wanted to make sure. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...thanks!!

beam
12-20-2001, 10:31 AM
It's heavy gague weed wacker line....hence the name ball wacker. :)