PDA

View Full Version : How Come ???????

Automag PR
03-27-2006, 01:01 PM
Hey guys just wanted to know if the E Mag. With the X Valve it's the fastest recharging marker in the world and with a new noid it's capapble of rates of fire at and beyond a sustained 30bps them why are the Shocker and the cocker so much more popular????

Don't get me wrong i have an automag with a smartmag valve that i would not change in the world.

Just wish it could be faster, but i'm a happy camper.

Miguel

BD_Paintball
03-27-2006, 01:14 PM
well elecrtonic guns run the industry right now. e-mags are electronic but they weigh a ton compaired to just about every other gun out there. i really dont ever think that the mag will be popular with tourney players ever again. they also dont come stock with eyes which is a big reason( LVL10 is not even close to being as good as eyes). they may be able to cycle fast but most the time that is due to a illegal trigger that is reactive. the only person i have ever seen shooting a mag in a tourney was a kid from UW Madison, it was an x-mag but now he is shooting a pm6.

RRfireblade
03-27-2006, 02:31 PM
Hey guys just wanted to know if the E Mag. With the X Valve it's the fastest recharging marker in the world and with a new noid it's capapble of rates of fire at and beyond a sustained 30bps them why are the Shocker and the cocker so much more popular????

Cause AGD doesn't pay Pros to use them like everyone else. :)

peewee
03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
Cause AGD doesn't pay Pros to use them like everyone else. :)

Yep thats about it in a nutshell.

Lohman446
03-27-2006, 02:37 PM
I think that is over making it overly simple. I pay for my markers, can shoot anything I want, and am not shooting an E-mag....

RRfireblade
03-27-2006, 02:46 PM
I think that is over making it overly simple. I pay for my markers, can shoot anything I want, and am not shooting an E-mag....

With all due respect I doubt what 'you' are personally shooting is having any effect on the paintball buying public as a whole. ;)

Lohman446
03-27-2006, 02:56 PM
Not quite how I meant it :). There are plenty of people who are buying there own equipment, really don't care what the pros are shooting (I'd be hard pressed to tell you). My point was, even with my presence here and love for AGD my primary marker is not an E-mag. Theres a reason besides "what the pros are shooting".

Pha|anx
03-27-2006, 02:57 PM
The mechanics of the X/E-mag marker are not what restrict it. Software, electronics, and HES trigger system do.

RRfireblade
03-27-2006, 03:14 PM
Not quite how I meant it :). There are plenty of people who are buying there own equipment, really don't care what the pros are shooting (I'd be hard pressed to tell you). My point was, even with my presence here and love for AGD my primary marker is not an E-mag. Theres a reason besides "what the pros are shooting".

Oh I agree , my primary is not a Mag right now either.

But we're talking about wide spread acceptance and popularity primary gained from Magazines , Tourny exposure and the Internet. That coverage starts with Pro sponsership of the marker backed by advertizing and then e-word of mouth.

3 places you rarely find Mags. :)

cdacda13
03-27-2006, 04:23 PM
Its all about hype.

Lohman446
03-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Its all about hype.

:rolleyes: My desire for a proactive anti-chop system is all hype, no functional purpose for that :rolleyes: My desire for readily available 9 volt batteries is all hype, no realistic functional purpose :rolleyes: My ability to have both of these in a factory assembled marker is all hype. No reasoning behind it :rolleyes:

Guys, mags are great great markers, don't get me wrong, but lets not make them out to be something they are not.

cowboy_00
03-27-2006, 04:31 PM
You'd be surprised at how mags are making a comeback in the woods, I use my Emag most of the time for when im just shooting and having fun or Big games (where no one really cares about your trigger this or how fast you can shoot) and i use a classic for sniping.(yes i said that bad word)

the thing is. AGD doesnt need to sell markers to stay afloat that much anymore, they have high priced very high quality custom guns which is what fans of AGD want.
Go play a big game in your area and look around at how many ppl have mags or are getting questioned about where to get one.
Everyone on my team has at least one mag and we've converted 2 other scenario teams to them as well.

Just my 2
and i love my mags.

BD_Paintball
03-27-2006, 08:21 PM
:rolleyes: My desire for a proactive anti-chop system is all hype, no functional purpose for that :rolleyes: My desire for readily available 9 volt batteries is all hype, no realistic functional purpose :rolleyes: My ability to have both of these in a factory assembled marker is all hype. No reasoning behind it :rolleyes:

Guys, mags are great great markers, don't get me wrong, but lets not make them out to be something they are not.
will you have my babies

pbjoe02
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM

I actually would rather have level 10 than eyes, you get the whole sticking your finger in the gun and shooting thing with it :D It'll work just as well, just need tuning.
Ya got a point with the battery though, I'd rather have a rechargable 9 volt than the enormous emag battery.
And BD_Paintball they do weight more than most high end guns, but when ULE'd theyre 2.5lbs which isn't a ton more, couple ounces more than most.

ThePixelGuru
03-27-2006, 09:06 PM
I actually would rather have level 10 than eyes, you get the whole sticking your finger in the gun and shooting thing with it :D It'll work just as well, just need tuning.
The Lvl 10 is not as good as eyes. It keeps you from chopping paint the same as eyes, yes, but it also uses air when a ball misfeeds (which a marker with eyes wouldn't do) and it has to reset (whereas a marker with eyes just fires once the ball is in there right). It's a touch more efficient and a touch faster, and that counts for a lot in the world of paintball these days.

BD_Paintball
03-27-2006, 10:02 PM
the lvl 10 isnt even close to being as good as eyes. i never want anything to touch the ball even if it is a vert light weight. most tourneys use brittle paint and lvl10 no matter how good its tuned will chop alot of balls. After ULEing a mag you will spend a heck of alot more then just buying a used high end electro. the cost of an emag or xmag is higher then cost of a used pm5. dm4, shocker ect. and those 6-7 ounces count when you are playing a long tourney like X-ball or just have a tone of games to play. you also will be able to adjust your aim alot faster if you have a lighter gun.

Lohman446
03-28-2006, 07:06 AM
My LX prevents a lot of breaks on the first hit, but often enough the ball rolls down the barrel, only to be destroyed by the next one...

Aslan
04-04-2006, 12:42 PM
People can get used shockers and such for much less than used E-mags. I think that's on reason. And before you say no...someone made a post very recently asking people why they would or wouldn't buy a new , fancy, upped, E-Mag with something added to (I can't remember)...over 50% answered the poll that it would be too expensive and/or they didn't have enough money. :cry:

I can only speak for myself...I don't have an E-Mag or X-Mag because the most I've ever paid for a marker is $100 and just E-mag lowers alone go for $350 on Ebay. The most expensive piece of equipment I own is a HPA tank I paid $127 for. Hopefully, I will soon eclipse that mark when I get an X-valve for my minimag project...which is weird...because a "part" will suddenly be more expensive than any marker I own. :confused:

marpat
04-04-2006, 12:53 PM
anywhoo i was just thinking this. maybe tom can engineer a self charging mag. like you see in hybrid cars nowadays or those shakeable flashlights. have some kind of safe electric manufacturing device on the bolt where it does the most motion and then use that charge for the next shot ?

anyway pros use the markers they use because they are sponsored..

most amatures want to be pros, so they buy and use what the pros have.

Lohman446
04-04-2006, 08:14 PM
anyway pros use the markers they use because they are sponsored..

most amatures want to be pros, so they buy and use what the pros have.

I shot an e-mag for a long time before I got rid of it. Ok, a long time for me is a few months. I didn't get rid of it for no reason

Stealth Fighter
04-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Mags aren't the prettiest, flashiest markers right out of the box, excluding an E-mag or X-mag.

The best part I find about the mag, is its untapped bueaty. With the right grip frame, drop, fore grip, body, and anno or powdercoat job. You could have the prettiest marker at the field.

The best part is, not many people will even know what it is. Advantage=You

EX: "what kind of shocker is that?"

BD_Paintball
04-04-2006, 09:17 PM
EX: "what kind of shocker is that?"

only noobs ask that

REDRT
04-04-2006, 11:43 PM

Don't get me wrong i have an automag with a smartmag valve that i would not change in the world.

Just wish it could be faster, but i'm a happy camper.

Miguel

They're just not in the lime light anymore. The valve technology was brought out in '96 with the original RT. X valve is a newer/lighter aluminum version. Though the Emag is a fully capable marker stock and upgradable to meet the modern markers head on in all aspects.
Arguements all lead to one thing, money. Alot of players don't dump big bucks on something like the Emag because one they are gun whores that trade guns as often as they change socks and two why should one paid alot of money to have features they want spending less to do so? That does make sence I suppose. I personally like my Emag alot. As my primary marker I currently have 3x the cost of my first car into my Emag. Probably 4x by the time I'm done. To me owning, using, building something special that I like/love is priceless. No other marker could replace my emag or any of my mags for that matter. I even have them insured in case of disaster/theft. To each there own. Welcome to the family, "Miguel". :cheers:

Little_Ho
04-05-2006, 12:04 AM
let me get my 2cents in here.

I love Mags as first. I own a few others. A B2K4 which i realy dont like. I shoot an Ion which is nice but need improvement to stay with me. I owned several Cocker they come and go. I play Big Small Scenarios only. So no need for speed. Reliable yes........its a must.

I have a ULE Warpleft Mag with Flatline Tank. Its Heavy but iam in the woods so dont care.

Iam working on a X-Mag I have all parts seperate and just need Anno and need to find an ACE.

The reason why I chose Mags they are reliable at least for me. If my Mag lets me down i have it fixed within 30 min, to be honest on a Big Game what are 30 min??? A little break to relax and fix my Mag...

And about noob question even old Volks ask me wow how did you get an Angel Frame on there??? It is mech or E??? I love the look on little kids eyes when they see my Shocker/Angel...lol
and I love the look when I tell them its a Mag mech only and yes mine can shoot 22.5BPS (soundproved here on AO).

About Level10....

I can sling Paint with it. I can run 4 Pods and Warp/Hopper combi empty with in 5minutes or less but its not usefull because let the other shoot empty first then snapp them thats more fun.....

I have a Mag pump too. Tooked me a half Year to get parts.
The X-Mag parts well it tooked me longer to get them.

I think the Point is to have something nobody else has and the fact that a lot of the Parts are very rare to find. Iam getting exited when I see a new Magpump pic or somebody at the workshop is coming out with something new (Pneu Tiggerframe, new Software, Custom Stock Class Pumpmags and so on)

I think i want to be a part of a very rare Familie and be happy that I still get Parts. And not everybody around here has a Mag to show off and kick some A.S.S

My 2 cents

Lohman446
04-05-2006, 08:14 AM
Though the Emag is a fully capable marker stock and upgradable to meet the modern markers head on in all aspects.

Recoil?
Efficiency?
Ramping?
Proactive anti-chop system?
Ability to use commonly available 9V batteries?

The E-mag is a great marker, fully useable for play in most any aspect of that game at nearly any level. But lets not make it out to be something it is not.

BD_Paintball
04-05-2006, 08:20 AM
Recoil?
Efficiency?
Ramping?
Ability to use commonly available 9V batteries?.

you can also add
avalibility of parts
new upgraded boards or new software

Aslan
04-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Recoil?
Efficiency?
Ramping?

The E-mag is a great marker, fully useable for play in most any aspect of that game at nearly any level. But lets not make it out to be something it is not.

I don't like Lohman's world where every marker is ramping and has eyes and makes me buy 9V batteries like a hobo buys ripple. :nono:

Lohman446
04-06-2006, 05:58 AM
I don't like Lohman's world where every marker is ramping and has eyes and makes me buy 9V batteries like a hobo buys ripple. :nono:

LOL :) Don't get me wrong, I love my mech mag...

BigEvil
04-06-2006, 07:15 AM
Recoil?
Efficiency?
Ramping?

I have the Xmod on mt Xmag. It has a pro-active and re-active anti chop system. And while I cannot use 9v batteries, that really doesnt mean anything to me. There are plenty of Angel users who also have rechargables. In all the time ive owned my emags and angels ive never had a problem with the batteries. But thats just my experience, and there is alot to do with personal preference.

I would say that the ability to run off of a lower voltage would be more important than the ability to actually use disposable batteries.

Recoil and effecency are also personal preference, mostly determined by the type of play you participate in. I play all rec ball, and everyone, no matter what they shoot or the size of their tanks re-fills after either each or every other game.

Everyone keeps arguing over things that are matters of personal preference. There is no winning an argument like this, and people should stop trying.

As far as eyes vs lvl 10 goes, for a mech marker lvl10 is awesome. But for a high end, high performance e-gun it just isnt as good. Pro-active eyes also regulate the rof to match your hopper, something lvl 10 cant do. Personally, I love my Xmag, it has both.

We also need to keep in mind that the fact that we are actually playing paintball is the most important thing, not the equipment we use. When you are on the field slugging it out with an opponent, you are not thinking about what type of marker he's using, what kind of goggles, or what brand of cup he's got. Your paying attention to one thing - the paintballs that are being fired at you.

When this game was young there was a comradery that is sorely missing from it today. Just the fact that you played paintball meant something.

shades
04-07-2006, 09:05 AM
I agree with most of the previous. In the end mom and dad foot the bill. They think, Do I get the little bright eyed newb a cheap plastic ion $225 dollar marker. for a childs interest that will only last as long as......... ooh something shiny!!!!! look there!!!! Cool an IPod with tint control.

If they get past the glitz and the hype. They end up Here with a truely quality marker. It just that not many make it this far. Before most lose interest, or are disalluisoned by the hype.

I was older when I started and when I saw a cocker (which i really wanted bad) compared side by side with a Mag I was Instantly IN LOVE. simple. elegant. no complex timing. and solid like a tank. I eventaully got a MINI Mag used (a very happy day), a Emag used (a very very happy day) then a RT used (had to be rehabed by agd to get it to work but then happy), then i bought a new RT Just to have a even number fo markers.
Now its insane adiction. somebody stop me, is there any support groups out there.
"Hello my name is Shades and I am a MAgoholic"

Lohman446
04-07-2006, 11:59 AM
Recoil and effecency are also personal preference, mostly determined by the type of play you participate in. I play all rec ball, and everyone, no matter what they shoot or the size of their tanks re-fills after either each or every other game. .

I would say that how much you will put up with is a matter of preference. None of my markers get good efficiency (either my mags or matrix). I can put up with that. Would more efficiency be better, sure, but its not needed. I think recoil falls in the same line. Is there recoil in a mag, moreso than some other designs? Yes, and it would be nice to have less. That being said does the recoil have enough of an effect to matter, personal choice. I would say no, not really.