PDA

View Full Version : Bunking the Wild Boar (w/ pic goodness)

punkncat
03-27-2006, 06:37 PM
We have a fellow at the field whom I call the Wild Boar. He is an astoundingly talented rec baller with great awareness of both himself, and the other players. To play walk on ball against this guy and come out unmarked is an accomplishment.

Until yesterday he had never been bunkered. Mind you he had been shot making tapeline runs or while trying to bunker others, but no one had caught him.

The setup was perfect. I was playing back. One of my teammates had moved ahead of me to the left and I had another to my right about halfway across field. As my left side fired a lane down the opponents right I moved in the shadow of a bunker in between us and got within a few feet of the ole Boar. My right and left then started laning to let me get right on his bunker. I actually walked right up to the bunker.....

The first picture is the point right before I got to the bunker he was in.

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/816824/pix(Small).jpg

The next picture I had arrived. I could see his shadow on the ground and knew he couldn't see mine. I knelt down because I figured with my height he would expect me to either run by or be standing...He is actually switching hands with the marker in this pic. He has no idea I am there at this point. His concentration is on the player playing my back left (his right)....

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/816824/pix2(Small).jpg

This picture is the moment I shot. You can actually see the paintball in the air. His eyes were as big as saucers....

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/816824/pix3(Small).jpg

And here he is checking his hand as he walks. You can see my smile through the mask!!!

http://216.77.188.54/coDataImages/p/Groups/259/259802/pages/816824/pix4(Small).jpg

behemoth
03-27-2006, 06:39 PM
Do you want a medal?

;)

punkncat
03-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Ab-so-freaking-lutely!!!!!!!

:D

I have to thanks a guy named David for the picture goodness. :cool:

Pha|anx
03-27-2006, 06:43 PM
No.. He wants a ribbon.

:D

bleachit
03-27-2006, 06:59 PM
heres a cookie

*hands cookie over

good jorb?

behemoth
03-27-2006, 07:01 PM
I might be able to settle on a pin...

punkncat
03-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Compared to the average post here lately, I thought my story with visual aid would get a little more respect than this!!!!

/storms off pouting

;)

bleachit
03-27-2006, 07:14 PM
maybe if the title was "sup sup sup"

and asked for help out of "the dog pound" you would get more replies...

SummaryJudgement
03-27-2006, 07:15 PM
Nooooo, don't be that way. We loved it! Really!.......You want to go take a dump in Mother maggie's shoes? :) Common, let's go take a dump in Mother Maggie's shoes :D

:cheers:

punkncat
03-27-2006, 07:19 PM

I will keep that in mind for the next time around.....

lol, (sigh) I love this place.

evildead420
03-27-2006, 07:23 PM
nice sequence of pictures. :cheers: :dance: i dont got crap for pb pictures, just snowboarding

sisco87
03-27-2006, 07:38 PM
well done my friend...well done. :clap:
So i think i can give you that ribbon, maybe a pink one...and then it says "whassup whassup whassup" So then you can start a new thread on how you got the ribbon..., and you can label it "whassup whassup whassup" ?! :tard: :D

punkncat
03-27-2006, 07:41 PM
well done my friend...well done. :clap:
So i think i can give you that ribbon, maybe a pink one...and then it says "whassup whassup whassup" So then you can start a new thread on how you got the ribbon..., and you can label it "whassup whassup whassup" ?! :tard: :D

Yes, but someone will have to come and take a few fast action pictures of me opening the mailbox and pinning on the ribbon.....

deathstalker
03-27-2006, 08:24 PM
Next time you can bunker him, try mugging him instead. I guess I might be one of a few who thinks you don't bunker someone while you are on your knees. ;)

RRfireblade
03-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Nice pictures.....good play.....fine shot.

IMO tho, not a "Bunker" but just good play. ;)

I'd only have to wonder what was going on in the rest of the game if it took the attention of 3 people to take out one player. Where was the rest of the opposition? Should've mugged him since you seemed to have had the chance. :)

/heres your ribbon
//gotta gog 'em to get a medal
///anyone still doing these slashy things?

behemoth
03-27-2006, 08:49 PM

+10 points for you, sir.

Lohman446
03-27-2006, 08:51 PM

Agreed, you shot your neighbor, you didn't bunker him :)

bleachit
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
I didnt even have to try and I got me 10 points.. you are running around using 2 other folk to eliminate one player and you only got a ribbon...

I>u :p

punkncat
03-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Nice pictures.....good play.....fine shot.

I'd only have to wonder what was going on in the rest of the game if it took the attention of 3 people to take out one player. Where was the rest of the opposition? Should've mugged him since you seemed to have had the chance. :)

/heres your ribbon
//gotta gog 'em to get a medal
///anyone still doing these slashy things?

The opposing player to my right was taken out as I was on the move forward towards the other.

The speed at which this occured doesn't seem evident from the pictures. This all happened from the time I moved from the back, eliminated the other player, and all the way to the shot within about 5 seconds. The last three pics are less than a couple of seconds.

* on edit* I rarely run anywhere. I am a much more stable firing platform as I walk. Its hard to shoot steady at someone who is blazing at you. Like Lasoya said...use the marker as a bunker.....

Stealth Fighter
03-28-2006, 03:40 PM
In the 2nd picture down, it looks like he is pointing his gun right at your head, but its just the angle I realise.

BD_Paintball
03-28-2006, 04:04 PM
when you saw his shadow showing him looking out the other side then you should have ran to the side he wasn't looking out of and really bunkered him. you really didnt bunker him at all

Jonno06
03-28-2006, 06:09 PM
goodjob with the bunker. without pics, this thread would suck. :cheers:

topazpaintball
03-28-2006, 08:42 PM
Very nice pics. Last time I tried taking action pics, I got shot by a bunch of trigger happy noobies that we had brought along to get the group discount :rolleyes: go figure.

BTW, what markers are you guys using?

punkncat
03-28-2006, 09:01 PM
BTW, what markers are you guys using?

An Ion and an 04 Speed.

cpt
03-31-2006, 10:52 AM
I thought you posted on pbnation the way you were getting flamed! I was under the impression this forum was above that.

dahoeb
03-31-2006, 01:16 PM
props to you dude. at my field we got a guy whos the equivalent to your "wild boar" and every time i'm able to shoot that guy out its like a little celebration for me, haha just making it out of a game without him getting me is a challenge by itself!

...or maybe i just suck really bad? either way, rock on! :headbang:

bleachit
03-31-2006, 01:19 PM
I thought you posted on pbnation the way you were getting flamed! I was under the impression this forum was above that.

what flaming?

SCpoloRicker
03-31-2006, 02:57 PM
what flaming?

U AR TEH NOOBZ!!1

bleachit
03-31-2006, 03:01 PM
thaaaats better

sisco87
03-31-2006, 03:53 PM
thaaaats better
:rofl:

The_Leech
03-31-2006, 03:57 PM
um..good job? I like the pics, but they seemed alittle spread out a bit for some reason like you staged it. LoL.

Im not saying anything like that, just pointing things out.

punkncat
03-31-2006, 04:53 PM
um..good job? I like the pics, but they seemed alittle spread out a bit for some reason like you staged it. LoL.

Im not saying anything like that, just pointing things out.

Yeah, kinda hard to catch the action in a still pic.

If you look closely in a few of the pics you can see balls flying towards my opponent over my left shoulder.

props to you dude. at my field we got a guy whos the equivalent to your "wild boar" and every time i'm able to shoot that guy out its like a little celebration for me, haha just making it out of a game without him getting me is a challenge by itself!

...or maybe i just suck really bad? either way, rock on!

Yeah, its not like the best thing I have ever sone by any means, but one of the best that has been captured on film that well. So I thought I might share with those who wish to appreciate it for what its worth.... :D

Lohman446
03-31-2006, 08:35 PM
There are several people at my field that are like that... and somehow my team always does the "well if you can hold in XXXX than we can do ok" which leaves me staring at them blankly.

One time on rec day I bunkered on of those players twice. My team was divided, the first time backplayer A who is normally on my team bonus balled me a few times for doing it. The second time my team captain put like 30 balls on me after I made the move...

Aslan
04-04-2006, 02:01 PM
That seems silly.

Maybe it's the woodsball player in me...but how do you walk up to a guy and stand in front of him like that? Just seems silly. Couldn't you have worked with your teammate to flank him or something? And does he not see you when he's pointing his gun right at you? :confused:

I'm depressed because I thought this thread was going to be about a wild boar encounter at a scenario game. Due to lack of wildlife, and a silly game of peekaboo, I can award no medal for this. :nono:

punkncat
04-04-2006, 05:49 PM
...but how do you walk up to a guy and stand in front of him like that? Just seems silly. Couldn't you have worked with your teammate to flank him or something? And does he not see you when he's pointing his gun right at you? :confused:

You must remember that the bunker is round. The picture doesn't show the depth of field nor convey the movement. I was in the shadow of his bunker so he had no idea I was there at all. It was pretty cool to just walk up , kneel down lean over and one ball him like that. It was even nicer that someone happened to capture the shot.

Aslan
04-06-2006, 02:12 AM
You must remember that the bunker is round. The picture doesn't show the depth of field nor convey the movement. I was in the shadow of his bunker so he had no idea I was there at all. It was pretty cool to just walk up , kneel down lean over and one ball him like that. It was even nicer that someone happened to capture the shot.

It also would have been pretty cool if there was an actual wild boar.