PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help with a leak

EnW
03-27-2006, 10:30 PM
I have a PTP MicroMag w/X-valve, LVL10, and ULT. I have a small leak that I cannot fix. Pushing on the front of the bolt does not change the pitch of the leak, so I assume it is not coming from the LVL10. If I hold the trigger back, the leak changes its pitch, but does not stop. I am guessing the ULT is causing the leak. All orings have been changed. I think I have 1 thin shim and 4 thicker shims in the ULT now and adding more will not allow the valve to go into the body. On a side note, when the two halves of the ULT are screwed together, the top does not fully tighten, it still has play if I pul up and down on the top. Does that make a difference?
Thanks in advance. If you need more info, let me know.
Eric

shades
03-28-2006, 04:26 PM
Did yo change the origs INSIDE the ult. if so try a standard on/off. if it still leaks then it is somtihg else.

EnW
03-28-2006, 04:51 PM
I changed the small black oring, the one on top, and the one around the top of the ULT, none of them helped. Are there any others? Does the pin come out of the bottom half of the on/off?

nate2k191
03-28-2006, 07:38 PM
the pin comes out if you unscrew the middle of the on/off i think. Have you oiled it well ?

EnW
03-28-2006, 08:19 PM
It has plenty of oil. I unsrewed the on/off, but the pin is too large to fit through the hole.

nate2k191
03-28-2006, 08:22 PM
It has plenty of oil. I unsrewed the on/off, but the pin is too large to fit through the hole.

i may be wrong about it coming out, but the pin should move smoothly up and down in the on/off.

rb211
03-28-2006, 08:40 PM
Play in the ULT body is normal. You have the equivalent of 9 shims in the ULT, I think that is a little over what they were designed to take. Try the ULT with no shims. If it is leaking without the trigger pulled, try dropping a carrier size or two on your LVL 10. The two pin halves should separate. If they won't, heat the thick half with a lighter and pull gently on the thin half. That should separate them.

EnW
03-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Thanks for the tip on seperating the pin. I have tried with every combination of shims. The marker will not shoot without any shims, and doesn't shoot very well with 1 thick one. I have had the smallest carrier for the LVL10 in the gun the whole time, with the tightest fitting oring I have.

nate2k191
03-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Thanks for the tip on seperating the pin. I have tried with every combination of shims. The marker will not shoot without any shims, and doesn't shoot very well with 1 thick one. I have had the smallest carrier for the LVL10 in the gun the whole time, with the tightest fitting oring I have.

use the shortest L10 spring?

EnW
03-29-2006, 04:47 PM
I have definitely eliminated the LVL10 as the leak culprit by immersing the marker in water. The leak is definitely coming from the on/off area. I switched back to the stock on/off, but the leak is exactly the same as with the ULT. I have tried numerous oring combinations, but no luck. I am stumped. Do you guys have any other offerings?

Coralis
03-30-2006, 11:55 PM
Perhaps you have a leak in the big oring that is between the back half of the valve and front half . If it has a nick in it, it might leak in just one spot