PDA

View Full Version : whats the best barrel for automag classic

krack420
03-28-2006, 02:08 PM
just wondering what i should put on my mag new to paintball

FinchMan
03-28-2006, 02:56 PM
since your new, i suggest have one barrel and not a whole kit to mess with.

I suggest a J&J ceramic barrel, or an old all american barrel. 12 or 14 inches should be good, but its all your choice there.

watch the B/S/T board for a good price on a used barrel. They'll usually go for around 25$ shipped.

krack420
03-28-2006, 03:04 PM
i heard that a freak barrel system would be good if i could figure out how to use it well

nate2k191
03-28-2006, 07:39 PM
i heard that a freak barrel system would be good if i could figure out how to use it well

i'm sure its good, but its expensive.

ghost flanker
03-28-2006, 08:14 PM
You're probably better off finding a single barrel (rather than a whole freak kit) that works for the kind of paint you use... especially if money's and issue. I bought a J&J Ceramic for $30 including shipping on ebay, and it works just fine.

Stealth Fighter
03-28-2006, 08:24 PM
Make sure you get a twist lock automag or you will be up creek without a paddle.

J&J No longer makes the Ceramic for the Automag, check actionvillage.com although I'm pretty sure I just bought the last one.

My recommendations:
J&J Ceramic
Dye Ultralight
Smart Parts Teardrop or All American
Evil Driver

rb211
03-28-2006, 08:34 PM
If you want a good all-around barrel, I use a SP All American on my regular mag. It is quiet, straight shooting, and you can pick up the older 1 piece ones pretty cheap. On the other hand, I have a freak for my ULE mag, I love it. It's not rocket science to use it, just pick the insert that matches the diameter of your paintballs, stick it in the barrel and fire away.

Basically it is going to boil down to your own preference. If you have friends with mags, try their barrels out and see which one you like the most.

krack420
03-29-2006, 12:35 AM
If you want a good all-around barrel, I use a SP All American on my regular mag. It is quiet, straight shooting, and you can pick up the older 1 piece ones pretty cheap. On the other hand, I have a freak for my ULE mag, I love it. It's not rocket science to use it, just pick the insert that matches the diameter of your paintballs, stick it in the barrel and fire away.

Basically it is going to boil down to your own preference. If you have friends with mags, try their barrels out and see which one you like the most.

money is no object i think ill get a freak set up thanks

MoeMag
03-29-2006, 12:47 AM
http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d53/MoeRoark/BBMAGL.jpg

I like my freak. :D

You can get twistlock freak backs for CHEAP. I got mine AND the front fot $10 :cool: (I will never let that down). Normally you can get them for about $25.

The fronts and inserts are extra (usually)