PDA

View Full Version : level 10 issues

tim overby
03-28-2006, 02:48 PM
Is it ok for the bolt to shoot w/o shims? I can't get it to stop leaking with the shims in. W/o the shims it shoots w/o leaks. Shims in it leaks even w/ one shim. I have to put pressure on the trigger to get it to stop.

neppo1345
03-28-2006, 02:50 PM
As long as it functions without breaking paint it should be fine.

SHAG
03-28-2006, 06:47 PM
Hi,

A set up with no shims is fine. I have set up a few L10 kits without shims cause the gun fired just fine with out them. I have had a couple need 2-4 shims to work fine. In my personal Minimag, I used 3 shims with a .5 carrier. I had a 1.0 carrier and 2 shims but the O ring wore in. The .5 carrier with 3 shims worked better than the original set up plus no cut bolt springs. ALso for some added kick, I have given my minimag to inexperienced users and they didn't have any problems with the gun chopping.

Later,
Alan

tim overby
03-30-2006, 09:58 PM
As long as it functions without breaking paint it should be fine.

Thanks for the info!

tim overby
03-30-2006, 10:02 PM
Hi,

A set up with no shims is fine. I have set up a few L10 kits without shims cause the gun fired just fine with out them. I have had a couple need 2-4 shims to work fine. In my personal Minimag, I used 3 shims with a .5 carrier. I had a 1.0 carrier and 2 shims but the O ring wore in. The .5 carrier with 3 shims worked better than the original set up plus no cut bolt springs. ALso for some added kick, I have given my minimag to inexperienced users and they didn't have any problems with the gun chopping.

Later,
Alan

What makes some fire ok w/o shims and others not? Mine initially worked ok w/ 2 shims. After a year it started to have a leak that would stop w/ me just pulling the trigger a little. So I move down to a smaller carrier. Now it leaks with the shims in all the time.

Dayspring
03-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Shims are used for fine tuning. You can make a fully working Level 10 setup and never use a shim.

tim overby
03-31-2006, 07:23 PM
Shims are used for fine tuning. You can make a fully working Level 10 setup and never use a shim.

I appreciate the info!!! Thanks...

Demp1404
04-01-2006, 05:26 PM
Hi, I just got a level 10 for my RT Pro, I have tried every carrier size, with and without shims, along with the bigger stainless springs, not the red or the smallest one. I am using an RT Pro with a hyper frame and Retro Valve. The problem is that it is leaking like crazy down the barrel, in the fast assembly instructions, it says to turn the velocity up until it shoots, it wont do that, I have the velocity all the way up and continues to leak. Please solve my problem. I rely on you AGD!

Demp1404
04-01-2006, 05:30 PM
Hi, I just got a level 10 for my RT Pro, I have tried every carrier size, with and without shims, along with the bigger stainless springs, not the red or the smallest one. I am using an RT Pro with a hyper frame and Retro Valve. The problem is that it is leaking like crazy down the barrel, in the fast assembly instructions, it says to turn the velocity up until it shoots, it wont do that, I have the velocity all the way up and continues to leak. Please solve my problem. I rely on you AGD! Hi, I would also like to mention that if it doesn't leak down the barrel, it won't fire at all even with the velocity all the way up. I am really mad because I just got the gun and the level 10. Please help me. Thanks

Dayspring
04-02-2006, 01:41 PM
#1- Use the gold spring to start.
#2- Put the #2 carrier in with 1 oring. (When changing carriers, use the SAME oring)
a) Does it leak? Does it fire? If it leaks, go DOWN a size. (from 2 lines to 1 line, 1 dot). If it doesn't fire but doesn't leak, turn up the velocity.
b) If it leaks no matter what carrier size, try another oring. (Sometimes it happens.) If that oring doesn't work (using the above procedure) press and hold the trigger. If the gun continues to leak, the leak isn't the level 10. It's the on/off assembly. Diagnose there.

Demp1404
04-02-2006, 02:58 PM
#2- Put the #2 carrier in with 1 oring. (When changing carriers, use the SAME oring)
a) Does it leak? Does it fire? If it leaks, go DOWN a size. (from 2 lines to 1 line, 1 dot). If it doesn't fire but doesn't leak, turn up the velocity.
b) If it leaks no matter what carrier size, try another oring. (Sometimes it happens.) If that oring doesn't work (using the above procedure) press and hold the trigger. If the gun continues to leak, the leak isn't the level 10. It's the on/off assembly. Diagnose there.

Hey thanks, I will try that out today. Do I use any shims or not?

Demp1404
04-02-2006, 04:25 PM
Hey I did wht you said and it leaked with 2 lines, so I went down to 1 line, 1 dot, it didnt leak. I turned up the velocity and as I was pulling the trigger it fired once, finally it shot. But it only shot once, I couldnt shoot any time after that. There was some success. I went to turn the velocity up a little more, then it leaked out the back of the valve, so I am guessing that I couldnt turn it up any more and turned it back. Please help me somebody. :cuss:
Is the level 7 bolt have the same foamies as the level 10 bolt? I believe it is that triangle shape foamie right? My cousin has a level 7 I believe, it has the same foamie as the level 10(if that's the level 7) It doesnt show the front of the bolt. My cousin can use the cheapest of paint out there without breaking. Im having so many problems with this bolt so I think I'm going to sell it and get that level 7 from AGD. They are practically the same thing, just the level 7 isnt as complicated. Thanks Hey does AGD still sell the Original Superbolt? That's the one with the huge foamie and the black lining.