PDA

View Full Version : Will it mess up my gun if....

xtian3i2
12-17-2001, 10:26 AM
I have a automag powerfeed and I'm running nitrogen on it. will it mess up the internals if I switch back and forth from c02 to n2? reason why i ask is, I'm using a 68cu 3000psi tank but i have a whole bunch of 4oz Co2 tanks I wanted to use them as a back up air supply so when my N2 tank runs out just pop in the Co2. I was wondering if this is okay and that it wont mess up anything on the gun. Other than Co2 being bad choice for air on an AGD b/c of shot to shot ratios, i just thought I'd put these Co2 tanks to use. Please let me know

skipdogg
12-17-2001, 10:31 AM
sounds fine to me. The automag can use both. i dont see why you couldnt switch between the two during a day of playing.

wyn1370
12-17-2001, 10:35 AM
as long as you aren't using a retro valve. but you might want to look into keeping liquid co2 out of the valve.

Load SM5
12-17-2001, 10:51 AM
You may want to run a few tests at the chrono. I don't know how switching air sources mid-game will affect your velocity. It won't damage your mag (AIR valve) in anyway but it would suck to start shooting hot.

Doobie
12-17-2001, 10:58 AM
I agree with Load, It may cause your 'gun to start shooting hot. Check it with a chrono first.

Donnyluv
12-17-2001, 11:01 AM
On my Classic, when I change back to CO2 from a preset nitro, it raises my velocity considerably. I always have to turn it down when I switch back to CO2.

IceCool32
12-17-2001, 11:17 AM
If you switch from CO2 to Nitro in the same day, yes it will cause havoc on your o-rings. So if you want to replace every oring after switching back and forth time and time again go right ahead. But I would not reccomend it. Just make sure your nitro is filled, I doubt you'll shoot 800 rounds in a game :-/ just my thoughts.

Eagle
12-17-2001, 11:50 AM
I used to switch back and forth between the 2 with my tippmann 98 and I never had any trouble

krafty
12-17-2001, 12:42 PM
I'd be careful if you want to switch tanks DURING a game. Other than the fact that most fields won't let you walk on with multiple air sources, switching from one to the other mid-game will change your velocity. Switching in the staging area should be fine, as long as you remember to re-chrono the gun with the new air source. I switched back and forth with my minimag for a while with no ill-effects. After my n2 tank ran out, I'd run CO2 for the rest of the day since I couldn't get n2 fills at one particular field.