PDA

View Full Version : File The Sear Or What? Change The Spring?

kingpen509
03-29-2006, 02:19 AM
First Of All I Have An X Valve With Level 10 (if More Info Is Needed Please Ask And Then I Will Update My "first Of All" Portion)

So Here Is My Dilemma. I'm Trying To Get My Marker To Fire And The Sear Keeps Getting Stuck On The Bolt And The Trigger Rod Will Not Come Out Far Enough. If I Push The Bolt Back (i Was Using A Plastic Rod) It Resets The Bolt Behind The Sear And The Trigger Rod Then Comes Out Far Enough To Then Fire. The Sear Looks Slightly Worn But Not To Bad Should I File It Down Allowing For More Space Between The Outer Most Edge Of The Bolt And The Sear Or Do You Think Maybe My Spring Isnt Kicking Back Hard Enough?

Maybe Something Else Help Me Out.

Thanks

Cow hunter
03-29-2006, 07:11 AM
sounds like you need to loosen up the carrier in the lvl 10.....

BigEvil
03-29-2006, 08:01 AM
Try a bigger lvl10 carrier. If you have a ULE body, make sure you dont have the screws over tightened.

Dayspring
03-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Nothing will shorten the lifetime of a sear more than filing it down. They are like bagels. Hard on the outside, soft & chewey on the inside. The coating on the sear is tough but not terribly thick. Take that off, the sear will get chewed up in no time.

Try making sure that the trigger rod is in spec.

kingpen509
03-29-2006, 09:03 PM
Changing tha carrier worked thanks to all who helped!

Tunaman
03-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Amazing things these Mags aint they? :D

shades
03-29-2006, 10:23 PM
Amazing things these Mags aint they? :D

AMEN!

athomas
03-31-2006, 07:11 AM
I'm Trying To Get My Marker To Fire And The Sear Keeps Getting Stuck On The Bolt And The Trigger Rod Will Not Come Out Far Enough. If I Push The Bolt Back (i Was Using A Plastic Rod) It Resets The Bolt Behind The Sear And The Trigger Rod Then Comes Out Far Enough To Then Fire.

The Sear Looks Slightly Worn But Not To Bad Should I File It Down Allowing For More Space Between The Outer Most Edge Of The Bolt And The Sear

Sounds like bolt stick to me. That means the carrier was too small. Use a larger carrier when this happens.

Never file you sear. That will change the operating parameters of your mag. Once done, the gun probably won't work properly and will most likely leak from the powertube.